Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > OTHER GAMES > Alpha Centauri

Notices

Alpha Centauri Forum for Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri game.

Old May 04, 2012, 11:23 PM   #1
bluebear
Chieftain

Strange Hive Unit

I've decided to go back to playing SMAC original (no expansion) and I think I'm playing it without a mod. I'm playing as the Believers.

I decided to basically play the game until the mandatory retirement limit. When I was approaching the time limit, I noticed a Hive unit that I think I've seen once before. But I don't understand it. It's a fungicidal missile skimship.

I don't know how to recreate this unit. It's basically a missile skimship, but for some reason it has fungicidal special ability. What has happened?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hive1.png
Views:	203
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	320557   Click image for larger version

Name:	hive2.png
Views:	204
Size:	418.0 KB
ID:	320558  
bluebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 01:07 AM   #2
magic9mushroom
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebear View Post
I've decided to go back to playing SMAC original (no expansion) and I think I'm playing it without a mod. I'm playing as the Believers.

I decided to basically play the game until the mandatory retirement limit. When I was approaching the time limit, I noticed a Hive unit that I think I've seen once before. But I don't understand it. It's a fungicidal missile skimship.

I don't know how to recreate this unit. It's basically a missile skimship, but for some reason it has fungicidal special ability. What has happened?
What's happened is that the AI doesn't care about the "you can't do this" messages, and has created a unit type that has chassis 4, weapon 6, armour 3, reactor 2, and has the flag for "Fungicidal".

It's all a bunch of 1s and 0s in the actual game, after all. There's nothing stopping it from existing besides the game not giving players that option.
magic9mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 03:45 PM   #3
bluebear
Chieftain

So true. So very true.
bluebear is offline   Reply With Quote