• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Are right-wingers seen as scum?

Hahahahahahaha

Definitely worth more than the discussion.
It must be somewhat of a relief to see others disagree with me on such a tiny matter after the pounding Mobboss, you, and the other ultraconservatives have taken in this thread and the other similar recent ones, many of which you have personally started.

They continue to deliver. Please keep creating and help to contribute to all such future threads. I fully support your right to do so. Please don't take my comment as any wish for you not to continue to similarly post.

This comment really epitomizes the difference between those who merely disagree and those who absurdly think rational discussion is somehow a "war against evil". The former have no problem occasionally taking exception with remarks that are made by someone with similar opinions, while the latter never criticize those they perceive as being "allies" no matter what they say. That they even frequently feel the need to defend and rationalize every comment no matter how absurd.

The former merely see it as a discussion while the latter perceive that those who disagree with them must think they are "scum", as they perceive those who frequently disagree with them.

The point being made is not that the United States isn't a republic, it is. It's not that the Constitution doesn't organize a government that has elected representatives. It does.

It's that the particular form of representation and republicanism in the Constitution isn't defined as the penultimate representative republic. Nor does its example rule out alternative European systems as representative republics.

I was answering somebody's question

So, was it ever established why/how the Constitution says that the USA is a representative republic?

they didn't mention your point (who did?)

This comment really epitomizes the difference between those who merely disagree and those who absurdly think rational discussion is somehow a "war against evil". The former have no problem occasionally taking exception with remarks that are made by someone with similar opinions, while the latter never criticize those they perceive as being "allies" no matter what they say. That they even frequently feel the need to defend and rationalize every comment no matter how absurd.

The former merely see it as a discussion while the latter perceive that those who disagree with them must think they are "scum", as they perceive those who frequently disagree with them.

You know, I had a jack and coke before I read this, and reading it made me more dizzy than if i'd rode a roller coaster. Nice job. :goodjob:

I was answering somebody's question

they didn't mention your point (who did?)

Yours was the last post I saw that was related to the Constitution and representative republic thing. I quoted you more out of continuity with the prior conversation than as a specific response to you.

The big argument was a few pages back in this thread.

I thought having a mike and meth was the latest rage among conservatives.

Well, i'm sure this would be more funny if I got the reference. Sadly, I dont. :(

Or is this an offer to come party down in Texas with you? I sing a mean karaoke.

Well, a study finds reason why left wingers see right wingers as scum. Mental issues..

Researchers at the University of Gothenburg recently studied more than 4,100 Swedish men and women between the ages of 20 and 24 for a year and found that a majority of them who constantly use a computer and mobile phones can develop stress, sleeping disorders and depression.

Sara Thomee, lead author of the study, said there was a “central link” between computers and mental disorders.

So if the left wing bums would get a job rather than spend their entire lives on-line then perhaps their mental condition would stabilize and they would address us right wingers properly.

Such as Sir. Or MISTER Cooper.

It must be somewhat of a relief to see others disagree with me on such a tiny matter after the pounding Mobboss, you, and the other ultraconservatives have taken in this thread and the other similar recent ones, many of which you have personally started.
It's hilarious that you think you are "winning" the internets.
Keep going man, keep going. You can win this.

Just remember Form, when you are winning on the internets, you didn't do that. Somebody else did that. The government built the internets so you could winz on it.

No, I don't consider right-wingers to be scum. Yes, a variety of Right-Wing ideologies have done much harm, but the same can be said about Left-Wing ideologies as well as any non-political ideologies.

I consider most all political ideologies to be flawed and unworkable outside of a set of idealised situations, making them mostly impractical at best and simply disastrous at worst. Still, most Left and Right-Wing ideologies and theories do have a bit of truth in them, which should be examined and learned from and practically applied. I am not a fan of the People's Republic of China, but much of its overall success has come from being able to ignore its own ideological trajectory and mix-and-match economic policies based on the conditions, leading to a steady mix of theories into a strong practice. Other countries could do well to realize that if one economic or political method were absolutely and undeniably correct in all situations, that one would have practically won out by now.

No, I don't consider right-wingers to be scum. Yes, a variety of Right-Wing ideologies have done much harm, but the same can be said about Left-Wing ideologies as well as any non-political ideologies.
I would argue that it really cannot, because ideologies possess no independent existence and so are not capable of doing anything at all. People have done much harm, so whatever common factors we're trying to establish as existing between these episodes have to be understood as common factors in concrete human activity, of which ideology must be understood as one dimension among many. The ideological frameworks in which people act are not irrelevant, as the adherents of more determnistic models would propose, but nor at they foundational; they can only be understood in their full historical context.

"I don't want everybody to vote. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."
—

Conservative leader Paul Weyrich

This tells you a lot about rightwingers acting as scum.

Top Bottom