KotOR Mafia - game thread

The idea of pooling bounties is interesting but has one major drawback:
If we give money to scum accidentally, we would have basicly given them a free lynch.

Sure, if said scumbag wants to die in exchange for one townie that we voted on to die.

If the bounty doesn't go the way the popular vote goes, the person we gave the money to should be lynched the next round.

We're basically electing a vigilante and a vigilante target. If the vigilante doesn't hit the target, we kill the vigilante.

God, I'm getting sick of this place.

Forget the replacement thing Tak, I'm outta here.

(Not a reply to you c_h, simply sick of the restrictions placed on my account for only posting here.)

Just go to OT(or Sports Talk) and get five meaningless posts in threads that won't get moved and you won't have these restrictions.

Just go to OT(or Sports Talk) and get five meaningless posts in threads that won't get moved and you won't have these restrictions.

Yeah, I know. I wasn't really serious, just got annoyed at not being allowed to link a video. Still, I don't see why I should have to go and make five random posts to be treated like a proper member, just because the section of the site I frequent is seen as spam by the almighty powers that be. Why bother creating a separate forum if it's not going to be properly moderated and the posts don't count? How are posts in a mafia game more spammy than some of the crap posted in some of the other OT sections?

Because the almighty admin-mods decided it should be that way.

But seriously, if you weren't so dedicated to keeping a postcount of 0, you could easily lift those restrictions.

It's the principle, man! :smoke:

Anyway, a certain QT has made me too terrified of the mods in this place to set foot outside the free, modless, mafia section. :p

I gotta agree with john, it's bullcrap. Bring down the Man, man.

Whatever several of your intentions are regarding bounty hunters the proposed plan is perilous and unnecessary. I'm pretty sure if a bunch of people put a bounty on the same target the bounty hunter would collect all of those bounties for taking out the target. That's how the town should do it if townies agree they want to. It would be the same amount of money if a bunch of people all followed through on the that; the only risk would be if someone didn't put the bounty they claimed, but on an individual basis that's not more risky than gathering up a huge pool of money to give to someone where an individual could also just not contribute to the pool.

For instance, what you would expect if you managed to give 15 credits to some one player to place a bounty, and the mafia manage to place a 20 credit bounty elsewhere (unknown, of course, to all the townies). You can't just go blame the bounty-placer and kill him whenever it looks like a bounty hunter kill goes wrong; giving all the money to one person for that is pointless.

Plus, the town doesn't need to directly outcompete the mafia on throwing money to bounty hunters. If it's known what the consensus townie kill target is a known bounty hunter has to take the town's target anyway or face death from the town, you are right about that. The town should have more than enough money to give a bounty hunter the ability to end up the wealthiest as a neutral, which is what is actually needed for fulfilling their goals, not having to outcompete the scum on individual bounty prices. And the town's better use of large amounts of money still would be for a trusted townie to be able to win any bids for items.

So... Nothing about not being lynched?

Yeah, I know. I wasn't really serious, just got annoyed at not being allowed to link a video. Still, I don't see why I should have to go and make five random posts to be treated like a proper member, just because the section of the site I frequent is seen as spam by the almighty powers that be. Why bother creating a separate forum if it's not going to be properly moderated and the posts don't count? How are posts in a mafia game more spammy than some of the crap posted in some of the other OT sections?

[mod hat]
The limitation is on posting a link with no text when you have zero posts. Which is technically against the rules (being spam) anyway, though here it is rarely enforced. You have a perfectly good workaround, include a little text. :rolleyes:
[/mod hat]

Regarding bounty pooling, I would guess that bounty hunters will only take payment from a single individual. Which means transferring credits, which takes a while.

[mod hat]
The limitation is on posting a link with no text when you have zero posts. Which is technically against the rules (being spam) anyway, though here it is rarely enforced. You have a perfectly good workaround, include a little text. :rolleyes:
[/mod hat]

Actually, it's not that this time. I can't imbed videos, even when I post text with it. To be honest I totally get the idea behind postless people not being allowed to do these things, it's more the fact that I've been posting here for three years, never received a warning or infraction, yet I still get treated like a suspected bot just because this section is deemed unworthy of counting toward a post count. I know exactly how to sort the problem out, I just think it's a poor show that I have to. A method of stopping spam that causes me to spam five posts to become a "proper" member? Genius. I'll stop posting here before I make those five posts. I know how upset you'll all be at that. :p

I was about to say I'll stop spamming the thread with my whining now, but it's not as if it's got in the way of any meaningful discussion...

How does one end up poor in this game?

Either by having zero income, or by spending money on, lets say, bounties.

Which is it, Ninja. I find the zero income thing to be a bit suspect.

No, I have an income of 1. Which is quite pathetic. I don't think the bounty hunters are going to try and risk their lives blowing up Mafiosos for 1 credit.

2 hours to update! Took me an hour to read through all you lot's stuff.

Beefy187 will replace someone from Day Five onwards, we'll see who.

No more Night Orders accepted.

NIGHT FOUR

Taki stroked the cat. After what had happened last night they both wanted to make sure it was what the Americans commonly termed 'a fluke'.
Mat93 was out skulking. Now that the bastards had killed Kenni- Hanharr, he breathed more freely. Still, what was that? Mat93 shot at the darkness, but a shape was coming so fast it was like a blur, and quickly and expertly dispatched Mat, all 93 of him, with a single blow.

Mat93 was found dead!
Spoiler :
He was Mira!

She was a bounty hunter!

There was also an impressive firefight going on.

<insert spaghetti space western sounds> Pshioum! Biit! Bzzt! <explosion>

Eventually MartinLuther was defeated, even though at first it looked like he might escape his assailants.

MartinLuther was found dead!
Spoiler :
He was Mission Vao!

She was loyal to the Republic!

All Result PMs have been sent.

The following items have been put up for auction:
  • A handy Blaster Pistol, at the bargain base price of three credits!

Vote for a person to be lynched in bold.
Bid prices for the Blaster Pistol in Blue!

It is now Day five. It will last for 48 hours.

Top Bottom