• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

ModBuddy Installation Problems

yric277

Chieftain
I'm having problems installing ModBuddy, here are the steps I have taken so far:

0. I Downloaded and installed the civ 5 SDK.
1. I downloaded Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Shell Isolated, then saved the .exe file to my downloads folder.
2. Run it then when it was done it said to restart the computer, which I did.
3. Once the computer was up again it popped up and installed the rest of the files.
4. Then I run the SDK and get to the navigation menu.
5. I run ModBuddy and it says "Cannot find one or more components. Please reinstall the program."

What have I done wrong? If you could help me with this then I can start my new mod which improves the later eras in the game. :)

PS: I have a Windows 7, 64bit, 4G of RAM system. Please reply back!

You don't need to double-post. Does this mean your "network resource error" was resolved after an uninstall?

Do you have .NET Framework 4 installed?

Can you run the executable directly from the installation folder? (Something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v sdk\ModBuddy\ModBuddy.exe)

I think I have (look at attachment) sorry for double posting but this is a different but similar problem. And yes I did run it from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK\ModBuddy and got this (see capture 2 in attachments)

Please help me! I don't know what to do :confused:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    8.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Capture 2.PNG
    Capture 2.PNG
    67.4 KB · Views: 135
Top Bottom