Civ V keeps crashing when I enable my mod.

officernanam

Chieftain
I'm very new to modding, and am currently trying to make a new civ in Civ V. While I know this is one of the hardest things to do, I've wanted to do it for a while. I got to what I thought would be the finished mod, but it keeps crashing my game whenever I try to activate it. This is confusing me because ModBuddy isn't showing me any errors and builds the solutions without a problem. I'd really rather not have to throw a whole bunch of code out, and I suspect the problem is one of a couple things.
1. Something is wrong with my new civ code.
2. Something is wrong with my new leader code.
3. Something is wrong with my unique unit code. I'm trying to make a Hybrid Great Prophet/General. (Enlightened One)
4 Something is wrong with my unique building code. I'm trying to make a unique Temple. (Audience Chamber)
5. Icon problems
6. A combination of all the above

I don't know what it could be, because for each of these, I copied and pasted source code and then edited what I thought was necessary. I've been re-reviewing guides, but I'm still stumped. I know this is a big ask, but I have no idea what could be holding it back. I'll keep reviewing and trying to find out, but a little help would be greatly appreciated!
Here's the files where I think something could be wrong.

Attachments

• United Kingdom of Fodlan.xml
    83.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Audience Chamber.xml
    2.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Enlightened_One.xml
    5.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Byleth.xml
    42.7 KB · Views: 14
  • CIV5IconTextureAtlases.xml
    4.1 KB · Views: 12
Check the game logs, see link in my sig for details

Check the game logs, see link in my sig for details
Okay. I got it so it no longer crashes upon activating after enabling, but my civ won't show up in the leader select screen, even after I push advanced options or whittled down my enabled mods. Would that be something I can continue in this chain, or would I move it to another one?

Also I checked my logs and this is what I have now, at least what I could identify as pertaining to my mod among the other mods I've download:

[680437.421] Database::XMLSerializer (XML/Civilization/United_Kingdom_of_Fodlan.xml): 'Row' or 'Delete' expected, got 'Text'.
[680437.453] table Units has no column named Row
[680437.453]
[680437.453] In XMLSerializer while updating table Units from file XML/Units/Enlightened_One.xml.

You have an error in that file, you need to fix it. Not having two valid uniques is a known cause for a civ not to display in the civ selection control

Got it. I'll see what I can do and let you know if something crazy pops up. Thanks for the help so far!

I've been able to get my civ to show up on the select screen and I can play it, but my unique building isn't being shown. I'm sure it's because of these error codes:
[776762.265] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[776762.265] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[776762.265] Invalid Referenc[776762.265] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
e on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[776762.562] Invalid Reference on Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides.BuildingType - "BUILDING_AUDIENCE_CHAMBER" does not exist in Buildings
[776762.562] Invalid Reference on Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides.CivilizationType - "CIVILIZATION_UNTIED_KINGDOM_OF_FODLAN" does not exist in Civilizations

Although I don't know what is wrong with my code because I have copied and pasted much of the code and replaced it with the name of my civ.
Here's my project:

Actually I just got the UB up and working as well! There's still some debugging to do in relation to the music not playing and my leader dialogue not showing up, but I think those are for a separate thread, as this one was mainly about getting the civ up and running. Thanks again!

Top Bottom