Info Addict

I am getting a CTD when starting games with Info adict v20. Didn't happen with v19.

I have tried EVERYTHING to get this mod to work. I've deleted all my mods. Played in GNK and standard. Different map sizes etc. No matter what I do, I can click on Info Addict and the graph box appears, but with no values. Also, if I make the graph clickable, the value for everything is 0. Gold, score, etc. Any hints? I've tried deleted the steam workshop version and installing a manual version.

No crash for me in the first turns. Are you still playing Gods & Kings (it may well be that v20 is incompatible with it)?

Nope, I'm fully updated and was running v19 earlier in the day.

YES! :D

I can't manage the diplomacy on a huge Earth map without this awesome mod, glad to see it finally updated. :)

I am getting a CTD when starting games with Info adict v20. Didn't happen with v19.

Seconded. I've disabled it for now.

Nope, I'm fully updated and was running v19 earlier in the day.

Same. v20 seems to have poor compatibility with other mods. (fully updated - all dlc.)
Updated from v19->v20 and had all kinds of random bugs (settlers with ranged attacks and interception promotion anyone?).
Cleared all the prefs and cache and started troubleshooting it. Tried lots of different mod-combos but most of them ctd, some started but with the oddest of errors (unplayable).
I could get communitas+tacdev+infoaddict to run, which is the pure most essential mods... but adding Really Advanced Setup, which is one of my (almost) must have mods, it ctd again. switching from v20 back to v19 and it's working again.
So for now the only solution was to revert to v19. Hoping for a fix in v21...

Edit: Currently using these mods...
Spoiler :
COLOR KEY: Essential - Important - Recommended - Extra
Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations
Amer-Asian Resources
CEP
CM
Faster Aircraft Animations
InfoAddict (v19!)
Itsukushima Shrine Wonder
Krakatoa Fix
National Park
Promotions - Expansion Pack
Really Advanced Setup
Resources Expanded
TacDev Turns
The Kingdom of the Franks
The Kingdom of the Visigoths

Units - Starting Scout

I think I found the problem with the crash to desktop. I'll be pushing out a new version this weekend.

For the coders out there:

I added some logging at the mods startup to dump the names of all the civs to the IA log table (and the lua console) that looked like this:

Code:
  for iPlayerLoop = 0, GameDefines.MAX_MAJOR_CIVS-1, 1 do
    local pPlayer = Players[iPlayerLoop]
    local name = pPlayer:GetName()
    if(not pPlayer:IsMinorCiv() and pPlayer:IsEverAlive()) then
        logger:info("Player #" .. iPlayerLoop .. ": " .. name)
    end
  end

Unfortunately, I was trying to grab the name of a civ before I was checking to see if it's actually a valid civ. This doesn't show up during a regular game but, if you go into advanced options and start playing around with the number of civs, that loop might make a call to GetName() on an invalid playerID. So, the code looks like this now and should fix that problem:

Code:
  for iPlayerLoop = 0, GameDefines.MAX_MAJOR_CIVS-1, 1 do
    local pPlayer = Players[iPlayerLoop]    
    if(not pPlayer:IsMinorCiv() and pPlayer:IsEverAlive()) then
        local name = pPlayer:GetName()
        logger:info("Player #" .. iPlayerLoop .. ": " .. name)
    end
  end

As an aside, I also found problems in the French and Spanish language files that are going to be fixed too.

Just pushed out v21 of InfoAddict which should fix the crash to desktop issue.

Changes:
  • Fix crash to desktop issue when advanced start options are used
  • Fixed French and Spanish translation files

Just pushed out v21 of InfoAddict which should fix the crash to desktop issue.

Changes:
  • Fix crash to desktop issue when advanced start options are used
  • Fixed French and Spanish translation files

Great you are back.:think:

Hello!
First I wanted to thank you for this mod. I just cannot play without it anymore.

But, in my last game, with the latest version of the mod for BNW, I had some issue: when I was going in the "Global Relations" screen, during the early game, I was able to see that some Civs were trading with Civs that I didn't met.

For example, I was hovering my mouse on Rome icon and it said that they were trading with Portugal and Indonesia.
There were lines going from Rome to where the other Civs icons woul have been, except there was nothing at the other end.
My concern is that I hadn't met Portugal nor Indonesia at that time.

I don't know if this is a known issue?

Hello!
First I wanted to thank you for this mod. I just cannot play without it anymore.

But, in my last game, with the latest version of the mod for BNW, I had some issue: when I was going in the "Global Relations" screen, during the early game, I was able to see that some Civs were trading with Civs that I didn't met.

For example, I was hovering my mouse on Rome icon and it said that they were trading with Portugal and Indonesia.
There were lines going from Rome to where the other Civs icons woul have been, except there was nothing at the other end.
My concern is that I hadn't met Portugal nor Indonesia at that time.

I don't know if this is a known issue?

It's a known issue now! :D

I bet I am not checking each civ to see if the player has met them yet which is why you are seeing that. Should be easy enough to fix ....

I love this mod and can hardly play without it, but I really miss being able to track my achievements. So I would like to install it directly into my Civ directory, without having to go through the game's mod interface.
Seeing as no rules are altered I don't feel I'm cheating.
I am playing CivV: Gods & Kings.
I downloaded Infoaddict v. 19 from page 29 of this thread.
Can anyone tell me where to unpack these files to?

I love this mod and can hardly play without it, but I really miss being able to track my achievements. So I would like to install it directly into my Civ directory, without having to go through the game's mod interface.
Seeing as no rules are altered I don't feel I'm cheating.
I am playing CivV: Gods & Kings.
I downloaded Infoaddict v. 19 from page 29 of this thread.
Can anyone tell me where to unpack these files to?

On my system, I unpack it into C:\Users\rob\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS (replace rob with your username) but I think it may vary based on your flavor of the OS. Also, I think achievements are still not handed out even when the mod is installed like his - just activating a mod disables achievements.

On my system, I unpack it into C:\Users\rob\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS (replace rob with your username) but I think it may vary based on your flavor of the OS. Also, I think achievements are still not handed out even when the mod is installed like his - just activating a mod disables achievements.
Thanks for the reply.
What I would like to do, though, is to unpack the files directly into Civ5, so that whenever I start Civ normally (without mods) I start with your mod in the "core" files.
Thus bypassing the mod interface completely.
Does that make sense?

Hey Rob. Thanks for the BNW update. I've been waiting for a while. Unfortunately it's not working. I am playing on a mac and IA has always worked just by unzipping into my mods folder. When I load the game, IA shows in the mods screen, but not only is not in the actual game when I play but any other mods I have been loading also are missing. Any ideas?

Hey Rob. Thanks for the BNW update. I've been waiting for a while. Unfortunately it's not working. I am playing on a mac and IA has always worked just by unzipping into my mods folder. When I load the game, IA shows in the mods screen, but not only is not in the actual game when I play but any other mods I have been loading also are missing. Any ideas?

Nevermind. It's because I was trying to load a saved game that didn't start using info addict. It's interesting though, that not only does IA not load at all, but it cancels out every other mod; even ones that were present form the beginning of the game.

Top Bottom