Benin Pikeman

Benin Swordsman

and

Benin Assegai Man

Love to see them made into Civ4 units.

Hi Folks,

I'm searching the following ship models from Pirates:

Treasure-Galleon:

This one I had in my folder of random units I found in random places. I don't have the other two you're after though, sorry.

Attachments

• Pirates Treasure Galleon.zip
    862.5 KB · Views: 165
No worries. It takes some time to get used to, but then NifSkope is quite helpful.

Did you try some of the NifSkope tutorials from the Civ4 forum so far?

I expected as much. With the dummy nodes I inserted in the skeleton of the unit, I bend the unit so that he stands more natural. However, this also means that, for example, if there is an animation where the Berserker streches his back, the new unit will bend accordingly to far behind.

Altogether thus a rather dirty fix of the problem. Creating or modifying the animations would be better, but also much more work.

I have tried a few things, but seem to be having a few issues. I think I may still need your help till I figure this out or I will never complete this mod ha :)

art projects are building up rapidly, so I really want to get a first version of this out in the coming months before I get too busy and my mind explodes :crazyeye:

I have been re-thinking this particular pict-brave character and have a few ideas to use him in a not-so-naked unit 'sons of the goddess'. They are basically like the pict braves but camoflaged in various animal skin heads and cloaks, like wolf, bear, boar, deer etc. I planned the unit out a while back but wasnt going to start on it till these pict-braves where done. I think he may be better suited in that unit so it doesn't look so weird.

So i then still need a guy to replace him in the pict braves unit... I am thinking of the Cait Swordsmaster we created...

Do you think its possible to put the naked body on the Swordmaster unit without distortions?

As soon as I get a sec I can post some pics, but been run off my feet the last couple days. Thanks again for your help and advice.

Hey Anaerin, did you ever finish up that naked warrior? I need it for my mod.

Yeah how's that pict mod going? I'm interested :p

Thanks for your interest guys. Ive not dropped the ball, but been struggling with Nifskope on the Mac which has slowed things down. Its all still happening, but taken time to rethink a few things.

Writing about the Picts/Caledonians side by side, Ive been doing a set of body paintings trying to work out various styles and designs (concept art) of warpaint looks for each tribe in my book (their were about 20 separate North Pretanic tribes [Picts]). Quite an exciting project. The best looks will eventually go on the Pict Braves and other units in the mod. Think it will look cool. But its still going to be a while.

Thanks for your interest guys. Ive not dropped the ball, but been struggling with Nifskope on the Mac which has slowed things down. Its all still happening, but taken time to rethink a few things.

Writing about the Picts/Caledonians side by side, Ive been doing a set of body paintings trying to work out various styles and designs (concept art) of warpaint looks for each tribe in my book (their were about 20 separate North Pretanic tribes [Picts]). Quite an exciting project. The best looks will eventually go on the Pict Braves and other units in the mod. Think it will look cool. But its still going to be a while.

Well, if that is the case could you possibly send me the base-model of the Naked warrior? I don't need the woad on it at all, in fact I'd prefer it had no paint on it what-so-ever. It would be very helpful, and would not interfere with your mod at all. If you'd like to reply via-PM that is fine too.

Please, can someone change weapons in one of these camel units? I need Camel Rider using a spear not a scimitar. Spear can be obtain from Camel Knight.

I have an interesting problem with the attached unit (taken straight from Colonization). Basically, it works fine on Mac but appears as graphical garbage or even crashes BTS on Windows. I've found guides for converting BTS units for Colonization, but not the other way around. Can anyone fix this unit for me, or have any advice on how I can do it myself?

Please, can someone change weapons in one of these camel units? I need Camel Rider using a spear not a scimitar. Spear can be obtain from Camel Knight.
Did you already try to change the weapon with NifSkope? It is rather easy to do and a good starting point into unit modding:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=371739

I have an interesting problem with the attached unit (taken straight from Colonization). Basically, it works fine on Mac but appears as graphical garbage or even crashes BTS on Windows. I've found guides for converting BTS units for Colonization, but not the other way around. Can anyone fix this unit for me, or have any advice on how I can do it myself?
Creating a new skin partition for the shadered meshes seems to do the trick, at least the ship is shown alright in the 'pedia.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Skin_Partition_01.jpg
    Skin_Partition_01.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 375
  • Skin_Partition_02.jpg
    Skin_Partition_02.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 264
Melcher made alot of native units that would be great for Civ4, Arawak, Tupi etc, would that same technique work for them Saibo?

They show up in Nifscope, but in game they don't.
Don't know, never tried. Maybe just test it, at least it will not make things worse. ;)

Creating a new skin partition for the shadered meshes seems to do the trick, at least the ship is shown alright in the 'pedia.

Also seems to work in game, thanks so much!

Edit:wrong thread

We can import units From civ4: colonization now, a modder also confirmed they work in game .

Did you already try to change the weapon with NifSkope? It is rather easy to do and a good starting point into unit modding:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=371739

Spoiler :

I think I converted the units from Religion an Revolution by removing all shaders and skin partitions in Nifscope once.

Been looking for those nodes with Melcher's Arawak Spearman, can't seem to find whatever it is you said to change Saib.

If anyone could help converting Melcher's Religion and Revolution native units I'd appreciate it.
Well, they will probably have different numbers than for the Man-o-War. Just click on the unit in the right window and it should bring you directly to the right mesh node. However, some units consist of more than one mesh (for example there are two Hull meshes for the Man-o-War). So you should check for multiple meshes and if they are shaded, they will have to be modified I think.

Top Bottom