Reseed!

I am not familiar with Thalassicus's plans but, like IGE, Reseed has been built with the objective to be compatible with anything. So I think you do not need to be worried.

hi Don,

long time no talk. I am amazed to see you still hard at work coding, many people truly love this mod. we're all thankful for your time and efforts.

so anyway real life dragged me away, but I finally got time to put steam on here and then I bought bnw to go along with all the DLC etc I already had. then I remembered the problem we had before, so I wanted to report the following:

1:

the official maps directory seems to be here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\Maps

it has 29 files.

another area seems to be here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\DLC_SP_Maps\Maps

it has 10 files.

and yet another area here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion\Maps

it has 11 files.

(I haven't found any other areas with maps yet)

so unless there is overlap, there should be 50 maps offered, right? (made up of both *.lua files, and *.civ5map files)

the issue is that when I go to pick maps in the setup of the game, civ only gives me 45 map choices.

can anyone else confirm this, and / or explain it? is it due to overlap? meaning the same map is in two locations?

2:

the second issue is that I use a different method then what the mod recommends to enable the mod on DLC maps. I leave everything in place as is, but I copy the DLC maps to a temp spot. then I slightly rename the files, and slightly rename the txt key inside them. then I put them in the official "maps" dir, and the mod works fine with them.

the problem is I can only do this on the *.lua maps, NOT the *.civ5map files. is there a way to open those that works? txtpad and wordpad don't do it right afaict.

---

once I get these issues worked out, i'll be able to give you decent feedback on the mod itself, and btw I am using the version available from steam. (v10)

thanks again Don!

Hello Sinatra.:)

The 5 maps difference comes from the six versions of the Earth map that are displayed as a single entry.

Regarding your method, I don't see why you need to open those files. If you're doing this to move and rename your files, I suggest you do that in the explorer instead. Finally I would also suggest to never open and save something with the wordpad as it may break it. The notepad is probably safe (even for files that look like giobberish) but I would rather not try it (even for plain text files as there may be subtle encoding problems).

Finally, no, civ5maps files cannot be opened, there is no way (unless maybe by modifying the game core dll but I won't do that).

incompatible with corporation mode, hope u can fix that~

Sent from my GT-I9308 using Tapatalk 2

Your message is imprecise (do you mean the "corporations" mod ? which version ? what's your problem ?) and I am 99% sure that there is absolutely no problem with Reseed.

And obviously no one is interested by the phone model and applets you use (well, I guess it's a phone).

sry for the hurry
its the Corporations(BNW) exactly, it seems the author haven't released a second version yet so suppose it's the V1.

although the author claims no lua coding but the problem is when i activate this mod along with reseed and press preview, after a short time the camera will move to another spot on the map but the map actually doesn't change.

BTW im a WIN8 user, CIV1.0.3.18.
PS its kind of troublesome tapping English on my cellphone so sorry again for the incomplete information i provided previously. Hope u dont mind~

@Murray1993
Thank you for the report and my apologies if have been rude in my previous message. I have been able to confirm and fix the problem: the map in Reseed was not supporting resources without strategic icons, such as the ones added by Corporations (I guess those resources are never placed on the terrain). Here is the fixed version.

Attachments

• Reseed! (v 11 - beta6).zip
    319.1 KB · Views: 142
Much thx!
No wonder the author says he used some New Resources MOD but i cant find any in the game...

Hi DonQuiche. First i want to thank you for this mod and IGE as well (i think i never posted in either thread before).
Now, i've just found a small bug. When regenerating a map using Reseed, if playing Deity and Venice is in the game, they will get a second Settler instead of their starting Merchant of Venice. It looks like Venice AI doesn't know how to use it, cause he'll just stay iddle in their territory.

I originally posted in the bug report forum with a save game
(from t15 if i remember correctly)

v11 has been released

Bugs:
  • There was a compatibility problem with the Communitas map from Thalassicus, with Reseed causing an error.
  • A bug existed so far that likely altered the coast lines and sea resource distributions generated by mods.
  • On the deity difficulty level Venice is supposed to get one settler and one merchant rather than two settlers when controlled by the computer. Reseed was not implementing this rule.

@Bob Morane
Thank you for this bug report, I have been able to reproduce it. This is a bug specific to Reseed, Civ5 is not to blame. The version I just released fixes this problem.

Merci. :beer:
Égaré dans la vallée infernale... ♫

De rien :D
Bon oui, c'était la chason qui passait à la radio quand je cherchais un pseudo pour jouer à Starcraft (1er du nom). Ca date un peu :o

Sorry all, those french lines were totally off topic.

Hi again. I was wondering, Reseed have the ability to change the map script used for map generation "on the fly" (without returning to the main menu), but how does it handle scripts that generate different map sizes?

"Standard Standard" map size is 80*52 tiles (that is a standard world as defined in the SQLite database), however some scripts will overwrite this. Frontier for instance uses a "standard" map that's 100*64, only slightly less than a large map for most scripts. Does Reseed use the old value, allowing us to "bypass" those maps specific sizes, but possibly leading to maps that won't generate correctly, or does it allow world size to be changed on the fly too?

Good question. Unfortunately the map size cannot be changed once the game has started, so the map scipt has to adapt to the existing size. Needless to say, this can be more or less graceful although, in my own experience, the existing scripts do quite a good job. This is not really surprising actually since all map scripts support different map sizes (froom small to large), which means they're already adaptible to some extent.

OK, this means we can use Reseed to "cheat" some scripts into creating smaller or larger "standard" maps. Nice hidden feature actually :D Never knew why Frontier makes such big maps compared to Pangea.

Hey DonQuiche, this is the log file from the odd happenings with PerfectWorld3.
Maybe it will help somewhat?

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    51.5 KB · Views: 140
Hello Dasta and thank you for the log, I solved the mystery thanks to it.

So it appears that you're using a modified version of Perfect World. I downloaded it and it appears that the lua file has parentheses in its name and civ5 forbids this in "include" statements I guess the devs from Firaxis got a little paranoid regarding the sandboxing of mods and I think no one will blame them for that.

Here is a modified version of the modified version of PerfectWorld, where parentheses have been removed from the file name, with a properly updated modinfo file. I will inform Bobert13 about this.

Attachments

• PerfectWorld3 - Updated (v 5).zip
    25.7 KB · Views: 287
Ah, wonderful. Thank you, I'm glad you were able to find a solution so quickly, and thank you for posting a version here to download until Bobert13 can edit his file!

Top Bottom