DLL - Various Mod Components

Working and buy plot distance are completely intertwined within the DLL and UI (if you look in CityView.lua there is only one plot loop that is used to display both worked plots and buyable plots) - changing one and not the other is almost certainly going to lead to problems.

So what you're actually saying is that I can load up CEP alone and find that you can work tiles 4 tiles away from cities?

\Skodkim

So what you're actually saying is that I can load up CEP alone and find that you can work tiles 4 tiles away from cities?

Don't use CEP so couldn't say.

Much of the working distance / buy plot code is common within the DLL and hard-coded in many places. There are values in the XML that look like you can change them (eg the one that sets the number of workable rings) but they don't (fully) work and so should really be treated as read-only.

Hi Whoward just tested the effect of MAXIMUM_BUY_PLOT_DISTANCE

• With CEP alone (value updated to 4) you can buy/work 3 tiles away
  • With CEP(variable updated 4)+combined dll+CSD you can buy/work 4 tiles away
  • With CEP(variable at 3)+combined dll+CSD you can buy/work 3 tiles away

So the conclusion is that it is the updated value of MAXIMUM_BUY_PLOT_DISTANCE that causes the issue and that your dll opens up expanded distances without installing your modcomp (haven't checked - maybe you just update the variable in it?). I'm going to try and find out if we can solve it at our end (CEP) but at present I don't know where the variable is used in the mod.

May as well ask: Is there anything you can do to make sure that it doesn't happen in the dll mod (unless your modcomp is installed)?

BTW: The print statement shows that CEP's cityview is used :)

\Skodkim

Is there anything you can do to make sure that it doesn't happen in the dll mod (unless your modcomp is installed)?

Probably not, like I said there are many, many places where hard coded values had to be changed.
(Edit: 100 places in 26 files to be precise)

For finding text in multiple files in multiple sub-directories, may I recommend AgentRansack.

whoward69 I have a request.

I'm currently working on adding terrain and natural wonders to the map at the beginning of the game. Due to limitation in Civ 5 the end user will have to save and reload the game in order to see the graphics. Is there anything you could do via your dll file to fix that?

whoward69 I have a request.

I'm currently working on adding terrain and natural wonders to the map at the beginning of the game. Due to limitation in Civ 5 the end user will have to save and reload the game in order to see the graphics. Is there anything you could do via your dll file to fix that?

'Fraid not, as the graphics are not part of the game core DLL.

OK. Thanks for the info.

hi. the tech refund mod doesn't seem to work... how much percentage is refunded and does it have a minimum amount?

No minimum, refund % depends on difficulty (can be changed in GoodyHutsTechRefund.sql)

HANDICAP_SETTLER 100
HANDICAP_CHIEFTAIN 100
HANDICAP_WARLORD 80
HANDICAP_AI_DEFAULT 60
HANDICAP_PRINCE 60
HANDICAP_KING 40
HANDICAP_EMPEROR 20
HANDICAP_IMMORTAL 0
HANDICAP_DEITY 0

No minimum, refund % depends on difficulty (can be changed in GoodyHutsTechRefund.sql)

HANDICAP_SETTLER 100
HANDICAP_CHIEFTAIN 100
HANDICAP_WARLORD 80
HANDICAP_AI_DEFAULT 60
HANDICAP_PRINCE 60
HANDICAP_KING 40
HANDICAP_EMPEROR 20
HANDICAP_IMMORTAL 0
HANDICAP_DEITY 0

I have activated dll various mod comp. also tech refund v6. but it doesn't seem to work in my game.

updated to dll v42 and ui city expansion v14 now i cannot buy the 3rd tile from the city radius.....ever

reverted back to dll v41 and city expansion v13 and their buyable again.

An entry got left out of the <Defines> table

Code:
	<Defines>
		<Replace>
			<!-- General work tile maximum distance from city centre (default is 3) -->
			<!-- Min value is 2, max value is 5 (these are hard-coded in the DLL) -->
			<!-- Traits, techs, policies and buildings can increase this value for specific civs and specific cities -->
			<Name>MAXIMUM_WORK_PLOT_DISTANCE</Name>
			<Value>3</Value>
		</Replace>
		<Replace>
			<!-- General buy tile maximum distance from city centre (default is 3) -->
			<!-- Min value is 2, max value is 5 (these are hard-coded in the DLL) -->
			<!-- The buy plot distance for a specific city will never be less than the work plot distance for that city -->
			<Name>MAXIMUM_BUY_PLOT_DISTANCE</Name>
			<Value>3</Value>
		</Replace>
	</Defines>

V43 just uploaded - fixes the minor issue above and also permits "Marble Trade Routes"

Domestic Marble Trade Route
Spoiler :

No production is being shipped, just the Marble

Which means that despite Memphis having Marble, the wonder being constructed there doesn't benefit from it ...
Spoiler :

... but Thebes without a local source of Marble does get the benefit for their wonder
Spoiler :

The AI will use Marble trade routes at a higher priority than production trade routes, but from what I've seen the AI is in love with gold trade routes and rarely uses domestic prod/food trade routes anyway

Attachments

• MarbleRoute1.jpg
    MarbleRoute1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 490
  • MarbleRoute2.jpg
    MarbleRoute2.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 479
  • MarbleRoute3.jpg
    MarbleRoute3.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 496
Hi whoward69 awesome mods, I'm having problems with "UI - city expansion" and CEP working together, when I try to build a settler the production info inside the city view it doesn't change and it doesn't build the settler. Also, it seams it conflicts with the right hand panel inside the city view with CEP which compresses all focus options to 1 line, with this mod and CEP activated it takes 1 line per option.
Is there a way to solve this I like the idea of being able to select the growth direction with all the considerations taken.
I'm using several other of your mods and the only causing this is "UI - city expansion".

Couple of examples if my words were unclear. Production example:
Spoiler :

Seams to only happen with the settler, if I change the construction to a shrine after the problem to say a shrine, it works as ussual.

Focus examples:
Spoiler :
VS.

I don't use CEP so can't help, but others may read this who do and be able to help you out.

Sorry, after a better look to your site I realized that my previous posts were inappropriate, please forgive me, I'm a newbie with too much enthusiasm.

I have a question about one of your mods that only you can answer: improvement - tunnel.
Looking inside the files I realized that trough your mod is possible to make an improvement with a route included

Question: Is the AI aware of this ?
If so, this mod could be used to create new route types!

Thank you in advance for your time

Looking inside the files I realized that trough your mod is possible to make an improvement with a route included

Only with a modded DLL (that the Tunnel mod depends on)

It's unlikely that the AI would use tunnels, as that would require the route finding code to include mountains when the appropriate tech is researched when considering how to build a road from A to B (which the AI is not particularly good at anyway)

Top Bottom