Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rhye: No, its English, but I probably bought it in Amsterdam (or from the UK via Amazon - I don't remember).

It states version 1.22 at the openening screen.

ANNOUNCEMENT

I've posted in the site the "future projects"
http://rhyesciv.uw.hu/projects.html

I'll paste it here:

Rhye's of Civilization EXPANSION PACK

Many have pointed out that Rhye's of Civilization lacks additions.
This was my choice, and I'm convinced that the mod shouldn't be altered with additions that would make happy only half of the people.
So an optional download will be the best solution: if you want the additions you'll download the pack (many MBs), otherwise you'll keep playing with the basic version.
So, what does the pack contain?
Hehe, it's top secret for now. For know it's enough to say that there will be one new civ, many new units, and that the game will not be altered too much. No new tech trees: it's still Civ3. You won't have to read manuals to learn what the game is about.
The release date depends on the stuff I requested to other users (mostly units).

Rhye's of Civilization LITE (for Vanilla)

Rhye's of Civilization v1.0 (for Vanilla and PTW) is obsolete: now it's time to offer an update for those who haven't the Conquests expansion.
Based on the new 134x130 Earth map I've made, this "Lite" version will feature no more than 16 civs in the mean time. The game length will be the standard (540 turns). The rest of the rules should be the same as standard Rhye's of Civilization.

Rhye,

The expansion pack sounds great, I'm looking forward to it. Something I would like to see addressed now though is the near impossibility of winning a cultural victory. With only 400 turns, you have to average 250 culture a turn to get to 100k, in a normal game of 540 turns you only need to average 185. This makes a huge difference especially since settlers take so much longer to build. To win 20k in your mod, you need to average 50 culture per turn, that's practically impossible. Even supposing that you build several ancient wonders you are still unlikely to ever hit 50 culture per turn in any city let along average it over a 400 turn game. In regular civ you only need to get 38 per turn and it is alot easier to dedicate 1 city to culture because other cities can crank out settlers.

I've played dozens of games with different civs and employing different playstyles and I have never even come close to getting either 100 or 20k. I'd like to suggest halving the cultural victory conditions to 10k/50k or else rebalance the amount of culture coming out of various wonders/improvements. Right now, the only real victory conditions in the mod are space/diplo/histographic.

Even bringing down the land/pop requirements for domination would probably be a good idea. At higher difficulty levels even a dedicated warmonger would be very hard pressed to get to 66% of either.

I'm sorry for I haven't done it earlier. The reason is that I didn't find the menu where those values can be changed :lol:
Now I've found it; I'll do it.

There are some aspects of the expansion pack which....I don't know if they can join the basic mod in the next patch or it's better if they all (or a few of them) are in the expansion pack only.
Those are:
-rename "Ancient settler" to "settler", "medieval settler" to "settler " and "modern settler" to "settler ". The space won't be seen ingame, as for the american "Cavalry ".
-rename "Flintlock Infantry" to "Fusilier".
-rename the Ancient Cavalry to "Heavy Horseman" and Medieval Infantry to "Men-at-Arms". That's because nobody at that time call them in that way!!
-reshape enlightenment/napoleonic era: 1) free artistry with printing press as prerequisite instead of enlightenment; 2) remove Theory of Gravity (useless tech) and replace it with "Flintlock musket" (with Milit. Tradition as prerequisite) which allows Cavalry and Fusilier. 3) Grenzer moved to Nationalism; Sipahi moved to Flintlock Musket.

Is the clearing wetlands implemented in v2.48 500 turns? Im playing the Incas in that mod, I see (and have reserached) the clear wetlands ability in my techtree (and civilclopedia) but cant seem to clear either jungle or marshes.

i noticed you can order the workers to clear the wetlands with the 'advanced' action menu option enabled (in your prefs) and then clicking on the 'automate clear wetlands'

otherwise there is no clear wetlands buttons :(

btw, why are some civs set to never build workers (such as mongols, ethiopia, etc)

Rhye said:
-rename "Ancient settler" to "settler", "medieval settler" to "settler " and "modern settler" to "settler ". The space won't be seen ingame, as for the american "Cavalry ".
I don't see why not... I don't consider it a major thing. Do it now.

Rhye said:
-rename "Flintlock Infantry" to "Fusilier".
Do it now.

Rhye said:
-rename the Ancient Cavalry to "Heavy Horseman" and Medieval Infantry to "Men-at-Arms". That's because nobody at that time call them in that way!!
Do it now.

Rhye said:
-reshape enlightenment/napoleonic era: 1) free artistry with printing press as prerequisite instead of enlightenment; 2) remove Theory of Gravity (useless tech) and replace it with "Flintlock musket" (with Milit. Tradition as prerequisite) which allows Cavalry and Fusilier. 3) Grenzer moved to Nationalism; Sipahi moved to Flintlock Musket.
I haven't played enough to know about these. But can you have a tech in one era be dependent on a tech in another era?

Cool maybe now someone can make a WW2 scenario of the whole earth :) instead of just Europe or Asia.
I cant make one because as much as i`d like to i dont have the time and suck at making scenarios. :(

Rhye, it will be confusing for all the settlers to have the same name.
Instead be creative:
Anicent Settler -> Settler
Medieval Settler -> Pilgrim
Modern Settler -> Pioneer

blasphemous -> what about "colonist"? However it could be good all settlers too, because when you get one settler, the other one is obsolete. It's the same unit "upgraded".

jalapeno -> no, I'm speaking about the Middle Ages tech tree. It's a substitution of a tech and moving back another

posted update v2.49

- Updated hills, plateaus and plains forests graphics
- "Ancient Settler" renamed "Settler"; Medieval Settler renamed "Settler "; "Modern Settler" renamed "Settler ". The space won't be seen ingame
- "Ancient Cavalry" renamed "Heavy Horseman"; "Medieval Infantry" renamed "Man-at-Arms"; "Flintlock Infantry" renamed "Fusilier". That's because nobody at that time call them in that way
- Halved cultural victory limits (10k, 50k) as they were unreachable
- Population and terrain limits for Domination victory reduced to 51%
- Clean wetlands now really allowed
- Tuned Incan, Roman, Egyptian, Arabian and Sumerian strength
- Update civilopedia with the new names

Awesome changes in 2.49

In your proposed changes you mentioned moving Grenzers to nationalism. I think they should remain at whichever tech will give flintlocks since that is what they replace.

Every change about tech tree and Grenzers will be X-pack only.
The grenzers period is Napoleonic, and they were more similar ro riflemen than fusiliers. If I'm not wrong they had percussion cap rifles and they were melee units.
In the Xpack I'll decide to make them available with Flintock Musket tech or Nationalism

Rhye said:
blasphemous -> what about "colonist"? However it could be good all settlers too, because when you get one settler, the other one is obsolete. It's the same unit "upgraded".
Still it's better if the units have seperate names since that's less confusing and makes it more clear what unit is in question.
"Colonist" really is a better name for the Mod. Set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom