Unit Pack: Pikemen

Dease

Be Original
Pikemen Unit Pack

This thread will include all pikemen I make.

A list, from newest to oldest
  1. Generic Halberdier - Nov. 03, '04
  2. Dwarf Halberdier - Oct. 23, '04
  3. Viking Halberdier - Oct. 23, '04
  4. Tupi Pikeman (Mimbukabá) - Sept. 12, '04
  5. Koori Pikeman - Sept. 8, '04
  6. Egyptian Pikeman - Sept. 1, '04
  7. Zulu Pikeman - Aug. 12, '04
For a preview of my next pikeman and/or to request a pikeman, go here

The animations are all based off of the original "african pikeman" I made, so if you see a resemblance, you're right.

All downloads will include AT LEAST 7 flcs, they are, attack, death, default, fidget, fortify, run and victory. If there are additional flcs I'll put a note above the unit. Also included are civpedia pics, and a units_32 pic. Sounds are linked to in the .ini, if there are custom sounds I'll make a note of it. The readme includes all the code necessary to add the unit to your game. :)

An in-game preview will be attached to the end of this post and will be updated as I complete new units.

All animations will be VERY similar to the ones previewed for the Halberdier, so I'll only include an animated preview for those animations that are different :)

Generic Halberdier
3 different civpedia pics
FULL Animated Preview

Download <775kb

----------------------------------------

Viking Halberdier
Animated Preview

Download <625kb

Dwarf Halberdier
Animated Preview

Download <900kb

Tupi Pikeman (Mimbukabá)
now with fixed death and victory
Animated Preview

Download <650kb
Download patch Only needed if you downloaded on or before Sept. 13, 2004

Koori Pikeman
Animated Preview

Download <600kb

Egyptian Pikeman
This Pikeman comes with two attacks
Animated Preview

Download <700kb

African Pikeman
Lighter ingame
Animated Preview

Download <700kb

And the in-game preview

Attachments

• MasterPreview.png
    MasterPreview.png
    247 KB · Views: 4,517
Man these turned out great. Very nicely done Dease.

Great work, I could use these. Keep it up Dease. :thumbsup:

Turned out nice, Dease! Great work! :)

MSTK said:
Actually, I think that the pikes look too thick and out of proportion. Can you make them skinnier?
Hey, it's Civ, the pikeman already is the size of a mountain anyway. :)

Actually, if the pike is made thinner, it won't show too good. At game scale, units have to be a bit bulky to look good. :)

MSTK said:
Actually, I think that the pikes look too thick and out of proportion. Can you make them skinnier?
Hey what's wrong with a thick shaft? (And no that isn't what I meant :rolleyes: ) I think it looks like a stronger pike that way.

@mstk - the next unit will have a slightly thinner pike, the reason I made the pikes so thick was not because the pike wouldn't show up at civscale, but rather because the shadow had random gaps since the pike was soo skinny, however, enlarging it didn't work too well, so it still has embarassing gaps in the shadow ;)

@mobilize - next is the koori pikeman, it's previewd in the preview thread (;)) which is linked to in the first post :) however only a quick model has been completed, so it'll be awhile yet...

I like that idea mrtn :), maybe you (or someone else) could post a good pic of a haleberdier in the request thread (generic is good)? Anyway, I added it to my list (post#3 of the prev thread) and it's #10 but will get higher priority since it IS lacking.

Top Bottom