New Unit: High-End Mech 09/05/04

A Viking Yeti

Carnal Leviathan
This is the light-weight, high-end AC from Armored Core 2: Another Age. I'm fairly happy with the animations, but the shadows are a bit dark. Also, it is unfortunately without sounds :(. Can someone please make some sounds for this guy, it would be very helpful. I'm just looking for the basic mech sounds, mechanical and such. I would use others, but I haven't found any that sync up with 'em properly.

The unit file is a freakish 1.88 mbs, without sound :eek:... I did have some long animations though.

Anyway, the preview is posted below. It goes AttackA->AttackB->AttackC...

UPDATED: I fixed the AttackA .flc, but I figured it'd be easier to just post that and the newer .ini as a seperate file. So, to update the unit, unzip the download, cut&paste the contents in the same folder, and say "Yes" when it prompts you to overwrite. Update attached below.

High-End Mech
Vuldacon's temp .pcx's Thanks again :D.

Attachments

• High-EndMech1.02.zip
    203.1 KB · Views: 1,157
  • High-EndMech.gif
    High-EndMech.gif
    193.7 KB · Views: 3,464
This thing is .M. .A. .D. mutually assured destruction: only one thing, it's too stationary. a bit more movement would make it even better.

:eek: :eek: Now thats fantastic...

Well, Kinboat made a mecha unit...I think that has sounds. You could also recycle tank and missile sounds for the attacks as another option.

Good work Yeti!

If you take requests, Mobilize and I have some, I'm sure Mobilize knows what I'm talking about...

Wow, thanks for all the comments :D. I actually rendered the shadows lighter, but apparently they were closer to the dark shadow color.

TO SOG: I have death and attackA, but I think I'll look into that. Thanks. About the requests, I still have to do the Lycon Cataphract, a number of other lycon units, and then I'd be completely free. I'm also making some units for a space mod I might do. Long story short, I'll take some requests, but I'll have to work on them in between the others (that's what I did with this one :) ).

HOLY SNIZZZZLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....now i have to reconfigure my tech tree again..

Awesome. The shadow isn't that bad, I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't have pointed it out.
Great work!

Looks Excellent A Viking Yeti :goodjob: Great Attacks!
I noticed that you did not have pcx files so I made a CIV Specific units_32.pcx and the Large and Small .pcx file for you. Best I could do from the Default animation file but hope these will work for you until you can render some better Large and Small .pcx files.

...here is the Zip:

Attachments

• High-End_Mech_PCX_Files.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 985
TO SOG: I can't seem to find any good explosion sounds that would sync up with the rifle or chest cannons... Aside from those (which can be substituted until I can get my hands on some better ones), the walk is probably the only one that does, as you said. I'll probably post an updated .ini with some linked sounds for now.

If it's so far away that that a dash and capitalization are necessary, then yeah, I'll have plenty of time (probably :p). Plus, I love doing Mech units... Only done two so far, but they are much easier to model, and I like the way they look.

TO Stonebear: Yeah, I thought about that half way through the animations, but decidedit would be too much work to redo, and no one except AA2 fans would notice (I barely notice :D).

TO Vuldacon: Oh yeah, I forgot all about those :rolleyes:. I'll put those up, until I render some myself. Thanks a lot, I never would've noticed :).

I just used a flat, jagged model, crossed it at a 90 degree angle, gave it luminous, and added the glow effect to 'em in the animator. They're sinlge frame flashes (I would think 2 or more would be too long)... In fact, all the attack flashes use the exact same model in the same position too, I just resized 'em. Talk about lazy, huh? :D

Top Bottom