New Unit: Saurus Musketeer (December 22, 2004)

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian

Attachments

• Saurus_Musket_Run_Preview.gif
    Saurus_Musket_Run_Preview.gif
    35 KB · Views: 3,128
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

(Thank you so much for this unit!)

zulu9812 said:
you mean Warhammer ;)
No, he does not. embryodead made the Warhammer Mod, tjedge1 is making a D&D Mod.
:p

@Kinboat: Looking cool, as always. :D

Oh Man!!! That is absolutly amazing Kinboat! I didn't expect this for quite a while. It's perfect thanks! I think I am your biggest fan man. :hatsoff::clap::thumbsup::banana:

Great new unit! And please Kinboat, I guess it was you who started the tradition anyway, but please include the date of publish in the subject line :)

Whoops... I forgot the date. Is there anyway to edit the title of the thread now?

It almost didn't get done at all... I had a fairly major computer virus crashing my system and I almost lost everything.

that would of been bad.
ask the mods to change the title, they did it for me once.
(no way now since its past 2 hrs.)

BTW.. is the "ancient chinese secret" panda next? :D

One man's Lizard is another man's. . . Snake... or should I say 'Orochi-bito'
:D
This is my first mention of it, but by March I expect to have completed
a rough version of a Kamigawa mod for civ. [for those who don't know,
Kamigawa [literally, I believe, "Spirit-Land"] is the latest expansion of the
Magic card game, primarily based on Japanese Shinto precepts, it's the story
of the spirits once worshiped by men (and rats, and foxes, and, yes, snakes)
turning against them. I hadn't played the actual card game in five years,
having quit sometime after the Urza block, but the storyline, art, and game
mechanics hooked me. So don't hold your breath, and I may need some help
down the line (esp. with the tech tree), but I'll be working on this mod. Wish
me luck.]

I wish everyone would download this one just to marvel at your animations. Your trademark little touches are again prominently included. I especially like the victory and the little lizard covering his eyes and then looking scarily around him when the big guy dies.

I gave my iguana a gun once, and tried to motion capture it, but the results were much less fluid... mostly chunks...

Superb! I love the little lizard that holds up the musket, etc. :D Your extra touches just give your units that something special. Thankyou very much, Kinboat.

First of all, excellent unit, Kinboat. I'll be using this guy as part of my Bangaa line for the Final Fantasy mod. The Bangaa are a race of lizardmen from FF Tactics: Advanced and the upcoming FF XII. From the screenshots I've seen, they're usually a kind of orange color, though, so I may have to re-work the palette on them...

I take it the little guy riding on the big guy's back is the squire/musket support :lol:

god_money said:
This is my first mention of it, but by March I expect to have completed a rough version of a Kamigawa mod for civ. [for those who don't know, Kamigawa [literally, I believe, "Spirit-Land"] is the latest expansion of the Magic card game, primarily based on Japanese Shinto precepts, it's the story of the spirits once worshiped by men (and rats, and foxes, and, yes, snakes) turning against them. I hadn't played the actual card game in five years, having quit sometime after the Urza block, but the storyline, art, and game mechanics hooked me. So don't hold your breath, and I may need some help down the line (esp. with the tech tree), but I'll be working on this mod. Wish me luck.]

God_money, as soon as I get the Land Battleship finished (I'm still working on it, I tell ya, but I've been tied up with getting some stuff taken care of for my car), I'll be making a Mithra Ninja as one of the UU's for the Windhurst civ (you can see a quick preview in the FF Mod creation thread). The Mithra are a race of cat-people that could fit into your mod as "Nekomata" (magical cat-people). There is also a Japanese Shinto Shrine and a Sanju no toh that I made in my graphics library, along with a conversion I did of the Da Chao statue from FF VII that you might find useful.

Oh, and Kamigawa means "Divine river" or River of Spirits/Gods (kami can mean either a supernatural spirit or a god).

This unit looks awesome, Kinboat! I can't wait to download it and see all these animations the others are commenting about, though that must wait until I return to school in January. :( Anyways, it looks terrific!

Top Bottom