New Unit: Goblin Hewer April 13th 2005

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
This took too long to do... partly because I was putting it off for other projects and partly because of the difficulty but here it is.

The great Dwarven war machine the Goblin Hewer. I had to make a few sacrifices to animate this thing but I hope it still works (one of those sacrifices is the AttackA animation... there isn't actually any attack it's just setting up the machine, I did an in game test and it seems to look fine).

File: 2.4mb
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Goblin_Hewer.zip

Preview of Attack B: (This preview was made before I worked out the civ-color situation so it may not look like it but there are civ-colors in the final unit.)

Attachments

• GoblinHewer_Preview_Attack.gif
    GoblinHewer_Preview_Attack.gif
    42.2 KB · Views: 2,652
You've got to be kidding me! No wonder it took a long time to do--look at it. Wow, that's an awesome unit, Kinboat. Nice work.

Holy sh!t! This makes me glad my skin isn't green. Well, that, and green skin might mean I have gangrene. But the Goblin Hewer is right up there on a list of reasons I'm glad I don't have green skin. :)

Excellent job, Kinboat!

I was wondering when we'll see the finished thing. This is a perfect 12 :thumbsup:

[Edit]: But I assume, that the animations don't work well, if this unit is a bombarding unit (doesn't the bombarding-animation play only the attackA-animation?)

Who cares! I'm happy to use this as an ultimate killing machine :D

Bungus said:
:thumbsup: Great post there, Bungus.

Hey, Kinboat - I found a mistake in your unit :p :
The crew of the goblin hewer should consist of three slayers (orange beard and mohawk), and not of three regular dwarfs :joke:

But still I can't find my jaw from the floor (now where did it go?). The death is just as chaotic as one would assume for a contaption of this magnitude :lol: .

Amazingly beautifull.

Crap. No not the unit, it's wonderful, I meant crap for now having to go back and reorganize my dwarves. This has to go in my mod, or there would be a tragedy. Awesome work Kinboat! Man I never dreamed of something like that. That is just too cool.

Woh, that thing is crazy! :eek:
Like others have said, it's really AWESOME! :thumbsup: :D

that thing.... that... that.... AHHHHHH!!!!!! I can't say anything good enough about it!

So THATS where Kinboat went. Ho-lee Shee-it! That is Fricking AMAZING.

All I can think to say is WOW!

Awesome unit, Kinboat! :) It should, like aaglo said, have a Slayer crew, though...

Top Bottom