New Leader Traits!

SoCalian

Deity
Ok, I banged this one out in about an hour. What I did was I added a new leader trait, Seafaring, and gave it to Elizabeth and Isabella(the only appropriate ones I could think of). What it does is give the Unit promotion Navigation 1 to all naval units. Pretty weak I know, but Important, because this is the first mod I know of that has added or changed the leader traits. I hope to be able to make more leader traits for this mod in the future. I need help coming up with some ideas though. I'm pretty limited in what I can do ATM, so anything I add can only be in the vein of the current traits. I'm thinking things along the lines of Agressinve, but specialized for each Civ. This could be big, and open up a whole new door for scenario builders.

To intall the mod, just download, then unzip into the mods folder.

Attachments

• Added Traits.zip
    25.1 KB · Views: 750
what about something to do with air units(Airfaring or Aerofaring?:confused: )) In which it gives bonus to air units. This could go with America.(might really only be useful if you start games in modern era) maybe also one called Merciless. All military units get bonus to attack and start with Combat 1. The military units could train faster(the leader demanded they be trained quickly and felt no pity for them or something) The con could be a impediment on economy. Two more I can think of is Tyrannical and Valiant.

I'll take a look at the XML, and see what I could do. I nice idea insead of replacing a trait, is just adding a third to every civ. I could do something like horse specific for the mongols, air for america, seaf for britain, ect.

Edit: tyranical eh? that could be interesting.

Suggestion for the mongols:

Nomadic- All mounted units gain +1 movement.

Maybe something like this

Charismatic: +2 happiness in all cites. Half production cost on broadcast towers and Colosseums.

I like the new trait ideas... but how about changing the way the traits are implemented? What I thinking is something like MOO2 race creation screen, where you have points and you choose the benefits (and negatives) to create new combinations. Custom tailored races would be great... If thats within the scope of your trait mod.

not nearly, what you want would require compleatly over hauling the game.

Edit: welcome ot the forums john!

SoCalian said:
not nearly, what you want would require compleatly over hauling the game.

Edit: welcome ot the forums john!

Well a man can dream :)

And thanks... Long time listener, first time caller. Had to pop and and say something towards traits. Keep up the good work.

What I think you should do is design several new traits -- the current number of traits divided by 2 -- then apply an additional trait (rather than replacing them) to each leader -- based on these new traits. So each leader would have 3 traits. Two original traits and a new trait to make them even further individual.

you must look at the base attributes of the game and design traits specific to each

food production - agricultural
shield production - industrious
research production - scientific
commerce production - commercial
culture production - creative
great people production - philosophical
city growth production - expansive
better military ability - aggressive
religion spread - and happiness from religions

======================

movement - nomadic - that is of questionable value
better defense - that is a loosing strategy. best defence is attack

I'm just wondering what the XML will let me do. Basicaly, the vanilla traits are very good, and it is difficult for me to think up something else, using what is provided. Learning it would take some fooling around, and right now, it is taking a back seat to my California Mod(link in sig).

Seafaring should also add 1 extra movement point for sea units (like it did in Civ III). Has anyone found any way you can do that?

How about adding the Agricultural Trait- +1 food on the main city square, +1 food on irrigated land and half price (Someone help me here- I do not know what to put)

And as for Seafaring- how about +1 commerce per coastal square generating commerce?

The Seafaring trait could also give half production bonus on Harbors and Lighthouses.

Since Organized and Expansive already give bonuses on those buildings, you could also edit Organized to give the bonus on Courthouses and Obelisks instead, and Expansive on Granaries and Aqueducts.

Virote_Considon said:
How about adding the Agricultural Trait- +1 food on the main city square, +1 food on irrigated land and half price (Someone help me here- I do not know what to put)

And as for Seafaring- how about +1 commerce per coastal square generating commerce?
Well, Agricultural from Civ3 is kinda represented in Civ4 as Expansive, since it gives Granary and Health (and Health=Food in Civ4) bonus.

Likewise, commerce bonus is already given by financial, and having two traits give the same bonus could be unbalancing if combined.

Top Bottom