Instructions for Game Session 2 (21 Jan 24:00 UTC)

Blkbird

King
In the absence of Aythaneaus, if he remains absent, I would like to appoint Chieftess as acting Governor of Boaring Wallow. I trust that she is a top notch player and have faith that she can make good building decisions.

The first post of a TCIT needs to include a link to the starting save. It is also customary to include a link to the previous instruction thread. Please update the first post with this information.

Just in case you're not aware, when there are no instructions for a topic the DP has freedom to act but does need to follow binding polls, and should take lower level decision types (opinion polls, perponderance of comments in discussion threads) into account.

DaveShack said:
Just in case you're not aware, when there are no instructions for a topic the DP has freedom to act but does need to follow binding polls, and should take lower level decision types (opinion polls, perponderance of comments in discussion threads) into account.

What do you mean by "should"? A DP isn't *required* to follow opinion polls and citizen inputs?

Continue researching Animal Husbandry; after it finishes, start researching Pottery.

If Pottery is presented to us by a Hut, research Writing (after finishing Animal Husbandry); if any other Technology is presented to us by a Hut, stay on course with Pottery.

Blkbird said:
What do you mean by "should"? A DP isn't *required* to follow opinion polls and citizen inputs?

Let's discuss that in the judicial thread on decision types. You can read it as required.

Enemy Demands: How to Handle Them

Gold:
Envoy head on a pole

Techs:
Envoy head on a pole

Religion switching:
Yes, if friend. chop off head if foe

Civic switching:
Envoy head on a pole

Stop trading with Civ X:
Depends on who we are friends with, Civ X, or Civ Y demanding we stop the trading

Wars and Treaties: Don't declare war on anyone this TC. Don't sign any treaties because we don't have the knowldege of how to do so. ;)

End the chat after 10 turns.

Slider: Put the slider to max for Scientific research. Let it go as high as the game allows. The people have spoken and we want to "Get Smart".

Budget: Don't spend any money at all for this turnchat.

End the chat after 10 turns.

greekguy said:
Gold:
Envoy head on a pole

[...]

Wars and Treaties: Don't declare war on anyone this TC.

I've made this comment to your instructions for the last session already: Your instructions are self-contradictory.

While I know it's an offline session, can you please translate 24:00 UTC? I have no clue what UTC is.....

Chieftess said:
While I know it's an offline session, can you please translate 24:00 UTC? I have no clue what UTC is.....

UTC is Universal Time Coordinate. It replaced Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) over 30 years ago, but is basically the same thing.

Yeah, no posts could mean that it goes to the next in Chain of Command. :) Where's the save?

Can we atleast have the saves to start discussions? You can post the log later.

Your attachments don't work.

This shouldn't be a discussion thread, but here's some feedback.

I really like the narrative log, it's superior to many SG logs I've seen! :D The attachment links for individual saves don't work, and it was very unusual to see a link to an outside site for the all-inclusive zip file. After working through downloading the file I was very happy to see that it's not just the beginning, middle, and end save, but there is also a save for every turn!

Areas for improvement (I will also post this to the DP Pool government thread)

• It's less important at present because there aren't a lot of preliminary instructions to do, but there is a strong tradition of doing those instructions and then posting a "turn 0" save from the end of that prep work, before the first full turn of the session starts.
  • Generally people prefer to see a link to the actual file and not a link to the thread / post where the file is found. This is especially important with screenshots. It's also generally better to put the full-size image instead of the thumbnail.
  • Putting the text of the high level summary in the instruction thread gives people a nice closure to the session.

Top Bottom