Realism Invictus Pitboss game

Took screenshots of what my folders look like, I'm still getting the error. When I extracted, it didn't get extracted to the right folders so I had to manually do it as you said, still getting the same error though. Would appreciate some help here from anyone who knows how to work with this.

Attachments

• errorr.png
    errorr.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 25
  • BtS folder.png
    BtS folder.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Mods Folder.png
    Mods Folder.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 23
Can you copy paste here what's your desktop shortcut?
Like in my screenshot below it should point to your BTS folder, so it should be for "Target"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\BTS_Wrapper.exe" mod= "Realism Invictus PITBOSS"
and for "Start in":
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword"
If the shortcut is correct, you can also try

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\BTS_Wrapper.exe" Civ4BeyondSword2015.exe mod= "Realism Invictus PITBOSS"

adding that exe argument should tell the Wrapper which exe to use; since it's there, it should start that one. Let me know!

Attachments

• Wrapper shortcut.JPG
    Wrapper shortcut.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 22
The pitboss server is still up and running since yesterday if anyone wants to try and connect. Let me know if you also have troubles with ZeroTier. Sinocpm connected yesterday to the LAN although I don't know if he tried connecting to the pitboss server

just random me, and ill try to get the test setup stuff done this weekend

Got a different error instead now, isn't able to recognize the Realism Invictus PITBOSS folder now

Attachments

• shortucutpath.png
    shortucutpath.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 22
  • modss.png
    modss.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 24
  • moderor.png
    moderor.png
    20 KB · Views: 23
As a German myself that would have been my second choice ;) I already played as the 'Old Fritz' (who is called Frederick in English for some reason as I found out) on my first playthrough of this mod

So, you have a separate first choice already, then?

So, if no one objects, I would actually like to be Hitler. I like the German unit roster and his malus is the least punishing for my playstyle. Frederick would be my second choice as leader.

If someone else wants to be Germany, my second choice would be America as Theodore Roosevelt.

--

Working on getting the setup complete now, but I wanted to post that quickly first so that 45 Degrees knows.

So, if no one objects, I would actually like to be Hitler. I like the German unit roster and his malus is the least punishing for my playstyle. Frederick would be my second choice as leader.

If someone else wants to be Germany, my second choice would be America as Theodore Roosevelt.

--

Working on getting the setup complete now, but I wanted to post that quickly first so that 45 Degrees knows.
Teddy is such a strong choice, super minutemen!

Teddy is such a strong choice, super minutemen!

He is one of my favorite historical figures too (unlike Hitler, of course), but that -2 first strikes is just such a deterrent. Humanist isn't a great trait either, but looking over it again just now, I see how it could be used creatively to some advantage.

Humanist is probably the worst trait in the game lol but I think he makes up for it by having the most broken military in the Renaissance era.

Got a different error instead now, isn't able to recognize the Realism Invictus PITBOSS folder now
You need to copy paste EXACTLY what I've written in the above post. There's a space missing between "mod=" and "Realism Invictus PITBOSS". Correct syntax is "mod= Realism Invictus PITBOSS", otherwise the first letter of the name of the mod gets trucated ("ealism Invictus PITBOSS"). Also, I still see you didn't specify the exe name in the shortcut.
Either try

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\BTS_Wrapper.exe" mod= "Realism Invictus PITBOSS"
or

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\BTS_Wrapper.exe" Civ4BeyondSword2015.exe mod= "Realism Invictus PITBOSS"

EXACTLY LIKE THIS.

--

Noted and first post updated. Right now we are:

Players (9 players):

- 45°38'N-13°47'E (45degrees) - Joseph Stalin of Russia (still not sure)
- bluecivdoom - Chandragupta Maurya of Hindi Empire or Wu of Han of North China
- Sinocpm - Xiao of Qin of South China
- Monsijo (?)
- Temae
- AspiringScholar - Adolf Hitler of Germani / Theodor Roosvelt of America
- FireBlaze
- Yaldabaoth (from discord)
- connorbot (from discord) - Mutsuhito of Japan

Still some choices missing and no words from @Monsijo
@Temae and @FireBlaze ?

@Sinocpm and @AspiringScholar have joined the virutal LAN succesfully. They can just join the test game via DirectIP connecting to 10.242.42.223:2067. Remember to first join the virtual LAN and start ZeroTier before joining via DirectIP.

You need to copy paste EXACTLY what I've written in the above post. There's a space missing between "mod=" and "Realism Invictus PITBOSS". Correct syntax is "mod= Realism Invictus PITBOSS", otherwise the first letter of the name of the mod gets trucated ("ealism Invictus PITBOSS"). Also, I still see you didn't specify the exe name in the shortcut.
Either try

or

EXACTLY LIKE THIS.
Finally worked, thanks for your help. Gonna figure out the zerotier stuff out now.

Getting this as the problem now
Looks like for some reason ZeroTier service didn't start. It should look like in the attached image. You should click on Join New Network and then add 3efa5cb78a3fe1db.
Also make sure you downloaded the correct version of ZeroTier, which depends on your operating system. If you're using Win10/11 the correct one is the one you download by clicking on the Windows logo icon (see attachment). The one you can download from the link below those logos is the version for Win7 or previous versions (I think).

Attachments

• ZeroTier.JPG
    ZeroTier.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 23
  • ZTDownload.JPG
    ZTDownload.JPG
    506.6 KB · Views: 24
I'm available if someone wants to try a connection before tonight, just let me know. Me and AspiringScholar made some connection test yesterdat but we're running into some problems that I'm trying to solve. Specifically, it looks lke if he connects first to the pitboss server, no other players can connect. But I need to test with other players to understand what's happening.

Game starts in little more than 8 hours! (At least, we'll try)

Top Bottom