(SOUND) Replaces submarine sounds & ICBM selection sound

Dearmad

Dead weight
Anyone else hate the submarine's sentry sound ("BLAAAAA" is says, as if a sheep were aboard). Or that there's no sonar when it moves? Or the boooooring ICBM selection sound? Now people take note when you select the ICBM and alarms go off everywhere... :scan:

Try out my soundpack. Works with any mod, easily:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2146

Cool. Designing a WWII mod and replaced the u-boat sounds with some wav's from Silent Hunter III. It rocks! :)

I noticed when I was making these little edits that Civ IV uses 22khz sounds in mono for units. The engine also doesn't seem to place unit sounds into the 5.1 channel stream either. It's quite capable of running them in stereo and at higher resolutions.

I had a surround sound klaxon effect for the ICBMs for a little while, but it was just too darned huuuge... and required a little too much tweakiness on my part to get to work. Stereo was easy though... alarms to the left of me, alarms to the right of me... PROTESTERS in the center.... "Don't LAUNCH THE BOMB... DON'T LAUNCH THE BOMB..."

bwahahahahaaha!

hm... that might actually be a fun effect to make... and then after the explosion you get a stern lecture from your mom for what you did. "No cereal for YOU in the morning, it's EGGS EGGS EGGS!, now GO TO BED!"

I like the ICBM sound but imo it needs to be shorter. If you had a version with just one rise and fall of the siren I'd use it.

Top Bottom