Earth 1000 AD (Warlords)

The Navy Seal

Emperor
I have two versions. Plain Map and Scenario version.
This is Earth 1000 AD. Some of you might have played it and still remember it from Vanilla. I've decided to update it to Warlords because I was reading a tread, and some people said that they played Vanilla, just so they could play the Scenarios, and premade maps. So I was looking through some of the Vanilla Scenarios, and decided to update Earth 1000 AD because it looked like a well deserving map to be updated. :goodjob:

Changes made; I replaced the barbarians in Korea with the Korean Empire and I moved There capital up so I could put another city in the south (Taejon). I also added some more units in there capital and put some in Taejon. I also changed the Vikings leader head so it's now Ragnar instead of Alexander. Oh I also made it so you can play any civ. And did other minor updates enjoy. I replaced the Byzantines lh with a reskin I found. I gave the Chinese the Great Wall, Gave the Koreans and the Mongolians some more units, gave the Koreans some more techs/pop/Culture. I added the Zulu and the Ottomens. I have it so in the begining of the game it places some barbarian animals and galleys randomly. I've added the Iroquois and did some minor tweaks:goodjob: :king:

1.25 uploaded.:goodjob:

Instalation instructions:
Put it in My Documents My Games Warlords Mods just paste it there and away you go. Also this is just a map it doesn't have changes so you can use it with other mods.:goodjob:

Credits;
The Navy SEAL for coming up with the idea and putting it together.
jdog5000 I used his Revolution 2 mod to add the Koreans.
And Zebra 9 for tips.
And the Firaxis team and everyone that made this map/scenario for Vannila.

Download Scenario Here (w/ Map)
Download Map Here

Attachments

• America - Europe - Africa0000.JPG
    America - Europe - Africa0000.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 3,531
  • Korea.JPG
    Korea.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 2,409
  • Ottomans.JPG
    Ottomans.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 2,079
  • asia%20-%20australia_r4e.jpg
    asia%20-%20australia_r4e.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 3,132
Pretty good. However, I do not understand why the Byzantines started out being at war with every civilization in the game, not to mention the historical inaccuracy of having contacts with the Aztecs and Incas in the year 1000. Other than that, I think the game is great on Warlords.

This sounds great, I was playing 1000A.D the other day, one question, did you update add the Ottoman empire into it, bordering Byzantium, as as not to make one massive Muslim empire?

Doesn't work !I try to charge the map but doesn't work

The changes that will be released in the next version of Earth 1000AD will be.

Already finished:
I have added the Ottomens and the Zulu. I have given the Great Wall to the Chinese. I have also set it so when you start the game it places some barbarian animals and Galleys. And I've also set it so the Barbarians have techs when you start the game (so this way you won't have barbarian warriors running around when you have Crossbowmen).

Working on:
I need to add the Iroquois, possibly the apaches. I will be replacing the Byzantines leaderhead animation with a new Basil. I will give the Byzantines a UU and a UB. I will have added the 32 civ SDK by Dale and I want to get it so more barbarians appear.

Future:
I need someone to compile some mods including the, 32 Civs, three workable plots, Influence driven wars, A better AI, and the Revolution mod . I also need somone to get the Revolution mod without the cheats. Also might want to get so the AI don't explore so much. And I might want to get the mercanaries mod to.

If anyone has any suggestions let me know. And all help is appretiated.:goodjob:

I was hoping someone would convert this, I was disappointed when I had to go back to vanilla to play it.

So I just tried it, and it doesn't work for me either.

Does it give any kind of error message? What happens that tells you its not working?
I'm uploading the next version friday if all goes well.

How do I load this to play in my own mod?

Edit: I tried to to load the map into the "PublicMaps" folder to play it. It then appeared on the Warlords directory, but failed to load.

what exactly happened to tell you that it failed?

It's just something like "Failed" to load map. I can't test it and give you the exact message right now because I'm at college. But right now, could you at answer least answer how I am supposed to start it?

Remember, I'm trying to play this on my own mod, and you said it would work. It's just that when I just had the thing in the "mods" directory, when I ran my mod I didn't see any path to loading the scenario.

I tried to remedy this by copying the file into WL's "Publicmaps" directory, and when I did this, your thing did appear in the "Play a Scenario" menu when I ran the game, but when I tried to play it, I got an error.

Well in your mod folder create a folder called PrivateMaps then paste the WB save in it. Then open the WBsave with notepad and set the mod directory to whatever mod you want (this would make it so it always loads that map with that mod). I will look into it and check it out.

P.S
Then just double click the WB save and it will automaticly load it with your mod.

I found and fixed the problem it's now ready for play i'm uploading right now. I suggest that everyone thats downloaded it redownloads it.

So wait, is this new download the one with the Turks and the Zulu?

At any rate, I never knew you could open Worldbuilder files with notepad, so thanks, I learned something today! :goodjob:

Okay, got it to work, but I have some critiques:

Korea is horribly weak. In terms of cities and military, they just don't have that much. I'd suggest giving them a bit more compensation--maybe more buildings and units in their starting cities, or starting with more technology; stuff like that.

Also, I ended up having two cities called "Pyongyang," except spelled differently. The default capital city is spelled differently than the XML calls for, so you may want to look over that.

I upped Koreas military. I'll check there techs and see what I can do for there cities. I don't know why you got two Pyongyangs?

When you play as Korea, the first two cities you build are named "Seoul" (capital of South Korea) and "Pyongyang" (capital of North Korea). My theory is that since this is developed from a vanilla scenario, made before Warlords, how Pyongyang is spelled as a playable Korean city may be different from how they spelled it as a Barbarian city. Since the alternate spelling remains as Korea's capital, the computer does not recognize that the city already exists.

I've checked the Text reference XML files, and I think if you respell it P'yongyang in the worldbuilder, (don't italicize) that should fix the problem.

Top Bottom