Prambanan (Wonder Graphics)

Ogedei_the_Mad

Caffeinated Khagan
The latest of my insanely-difficult Bryce projects - the great Sanjaya era Hindu temples of Prambanan at the ancient city of Yogyakarta, Java, Indonesia. :D

This thing was so complicated that it crashed Bryce about a dozen times today. :eek:

Download Here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4704&act=down

Preview Images-
Wonder Splash

In-game Preview

Nice! Wow, you really put your rear in gear... you finished this thing rather quickly! :)

I was going to use this as an improvement, but now realize that it looks way to complex and impressive. I'll have to find a place to fit it in as a wonder.

Fantastic model. What's next? :lol:

I had to count each of the bell-shaped structures on the photos. Bad eye strain on the weekend. :crazyeye:

Great work on this baby. I hope you are submitting it for a competition. :goodjob:

Yep, it's in the competition. Vote if you haven't yet. It's a tight competition this time with only three. Likely that I'll lose again. Doesn't matter. The only thing I'm interested in is living up to the title of "the Mad." :D

Time to look for a new insanely-difficult thing to create. :D :D :D

Some generic (and smaller scale) Indian temples would useful to me, though not as challenging for you. A jain or hindu temple complex would be useful for Rise of Asia too, obviously. ;)

From a quick google image search I came up with these pics:

A fairly simple temple - maybe the easiest one to do.

A couple of riverside temples.

The Ranakpur Temples, and some pics:

The Ranakpur temples seem to be up your 'Mad' street. ;) :D Of course Blue Monkey might have further suggestions.

The basic shape of a Hindu temple, though you probably already know that. ;)

This is a Mandir - though it wouldn't necessarily need quite so much detail. Unless you were truely mad. :p

This is, oh wait, where did this come from. :mischief:

http://www.davidson.edu/academic/sasian/Logs/khajurahao-western_temples_19.JPG
One massive picture of a temple - at Khajurahao apparently. Linked due to extraordinary size of picture. You'd definately be mad to take this on. :)

Personally I'd like to see the first Jain image I posted above, and the Mandir on this post, but it's up to you.

That Mandir looks like crazy fun. :devil:

Now how am I going to make all those little statues and the pretty temple girls? :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

I'll put it the plain Jain temple and the Mandir on my to-do list after I finish my Korean buildings. :D

...am...very...tempted...to...do...Khajurahao... :D :D :D :D

You finished it off nicely. I'd been keeping watch on the preview of this. Wonderful work.:goodjob: :)

Now how am I going to make all those little statues and the pretty temple girls?
Is it possible get static figures from Poser to Bryce (or whatever else you use for those awesome buildings)? Would it work? If so, a few simple figures repeated, with mirroring, etc. and a texture to match the building ...

I'll be posting some Hindu temple images over in the AD thread tonight. The Mandir above is just the highest part of a temple (kind of like the bell tower is on a Gothic cathedral).

It's possible to import Poser objects, I think. Results might not be too great but the individual statues won't really be noticeable at civ-level anyway. One thing that I am a bit concerned about is the render time. The Prambanan building doesn't have tiers of statues on the outside and was made mostly by basic shapes, but it still took quite a while to render given its complexity.

Top Bottom