Intersite BtS PitBoss

Placeholder for Rules and team rosters.

DRAFT:

The map will be a Large/Small map, Huge or Large, with the snaky continents feature and the islands feature.
The game will be simultaneous turns, no double moves during wartime allowed, 20-22 hour timer (tuned to make turnovers happen around 24 hours if not everybody plays).

Speed - NORMAL
Events - ON
No City Razing - OFF
No City Flipping from Culture - Off
City Flipping after Conquest - Off
No Barbarians - Off
Raging Barbarians - Off
Aggressive AI - Off
Random Personalities - Off
No Technology Trading - Off
Permanent Alliances - ON
Always War - Off
Always Peace - Off
One-City Challenge - Off
Permanent War or Peace - Off
New Random Seed on Reload - Off
Lock Modified Assets - Off
Require Complete Kills - ON
No Vassal States - Off
No Tribal Villages - Off

All Victory conditions Enabled.

I offer this as a starting point. All of this is negotiable between the teams.

TEAMS:

PAL:

IanDC - Elizabeth
Tony - Huayana Cupac
Test of Time - Hammurabi
Whiplash - Joao

CDZ's

native americans (Sitting Bull)
Portuguease (Joao)
Vikings (Ragnar)
England (Lizzy).

Robboo
Igloodude
Robi D
BCGL100

Team Civ fanatics

Mighty Dwaarf - playing as Carthage
Sonnybonds - playing Byantine
Failed Reality - America, Lincoln
Classical Hero - playing Vikings

STG

Elucidus - Sitting Bull
Kingpin - Charlamaine
CB Droege - Korea
Spike - Darius I

IP is: 65.26.251.164

Civstats url is http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=597

bbfrancis, Mighty_Dwaarf, sonnybonds, failedreality.

CDZ's roster is quite large
BCLG100, Socralynnek, Robi D, Robboo, Beorn, Darkness, Tubby Rower, Whomp, Igloodude, Beam

I think the main turn players will be me, Robi d, Igloodude and a combination of robboo/Beam/Ynnek but dont be surprised if others play too (we're getting involved in this- sub forum and everything :rolleyes:)

Personally the main rule i object too is the No city Razing thing, makes war's so much more of an arse with players sometimes being left with one city ice capitals which is hardly that much fun for them.

Uh Hi... BCLG100,

*GULP*
I am sure you are going to be out for revenge!
Best of luck to you.
*TEETH CHATTERING*

I agree with BCLG100 on City Razing Rule.

My view is keep all options on default values otherwise you mess with the balacne of the game.

PAL has a team:

IanDC[PAL]
WarningU2[PAL]
testoftime[PAL]
whiplash[PAL]

Note the [PAL] tag. We need all players to do that so that we can identify teams in the game. Also add the tag to your leader name and rename each unit to include the tag.

I also suggest each player on a team use the same in-game password so that absences can be covered by a teammate.

Whip- when do you want civ choices? i assume they should all be done publicly as you'll know them all anyways and your on a team :)

cdz has already chosen :)

POINTS OF INTEREST:

This game will go very quickly. Permanent Alliances will result in very fast tech research as the beakers are cumulative for each player in the alliance. We could even consider running this in epic speed.

As always, the double move will be problematic. I think the best rule for this is that double moves in wartime are disallowed; and a 9 hour window for defense against the double move following notification should be used. CivStats does not work with BtS, so monitoring to see a double move is not possible except for the host. OverLoad is expected to come up with CivStats for BtS but there is no deadline for this.

Do you want to have "Events" turned on. My experience through SP play testing is that most Events have minor effect on the game. One exception is the "massive barbarian uprising". This event is totally devestating.

Do you want Duplicate Leaders? I would suggest yes; otherwise it would be quite tricky to come up with a "fair" way of assigning leaders. We could do a fantasy football type draft; but any system would be awkward.

Do you want a rule prohibiting early rushing? Some games are run this way to nerf the advantage a player might have by getting copper/horses in their capitol radius.

Do you want to disallow any civ's? I earlier suggested to disallow Native Americans and Portugues; but after further play testing I don't have a strong recommendation on that.

Do you want to allow all Victory Conditions?

What are double moves?

I am opposed to making any rules which cannot be enforced.

I think a draft for civs sounds like a fun idea.
It might go something like this.
Team A picks.
Team B picks.
Team C picks.
Team D picks.
Team E picks.
Team E picks.
Team D picks.
Team C picks.
Team B picks.
Team A picks.

why so with a draft since duplicates are allowed...???????

Seems like a waste of time..lets just post the civs and play

yep it just came back out for a "re-release". It sucks...

Cool enough on the duplicates, I thought that was already decided.

The whole of cdz team would prefer to go with ID's rules for DM'ing, that is that they are allowed except upon declerations of war. Obviously someone logging in at turn change over should still be dissuaded but simply it will be too hard to manage DM's if we didnt allow them. It'd end up with everyone on at one time to play their turn, or everyone leaving the first however many hours of the turn free if we imposed some form of time limit.

I assume everyone is trustworthy enough not to abuse the potential DM, that is purposefully logging in.

I am fine with no draft...
I just thought it would be fun.

Umm, planning to let CFC have a team? ;)

I'll go shake some trees and see who falls in.

Also, since it doesn't appear discussion started here, I'm a little behind the curve.
This is individual play using the teams function, right?

Top Bottom