Albania Civ BTS Modular

rockinroger

WoC Team Member
Ok another first attempt at converting a civ to modular for BTS. This is a civ we had in ViSa mod. Original author was/is Shqype.

The basics of this civ are:

2 Leaderheads: Gjergj Kastrioti and Teuta

4 Unique Units:
1. Piker, replaces Pikeman
2. Kalorse replaces Knight
3. Albanian Tank replaces Tank
4. SU47 replaces Jet Fighter

1 Unique Building: Albanian University

Download here:http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6904

Attachments

• Teuta.gif
    Teuta.gif
    131.3 KB · Views: 273
  • Kastrioti.gif
    Kastrioti.gif
    129.9 KB · Views: 368
the button didn't show up for the su47

one line of xml needs to be changed in the su47_civ4Artdefines_Unit

you need to add one more folder line in there
<Button>Modules/Custom Civilizations/Albania/su47berkut/SU47.dds</Button>

the /su47berkut/ part needed to be added

otherwise, nice work
:goodjob:

Um ... thanks for contacting me about it first, lol.

Sorry about that Shqype, I wasnt sure if you were still around, im finishing the final version, just need to upload some xml changes and get the audio made for modular. This was practice for me, but my favorite civ i always used in ViSa. Hence i love your work!!!

@Shqype feel free to use or reject what i have done. Is there any others you need help converting? By the way I wasnt trying to step on your toes, sorry if it seemed that way.

That's very interesting to hear that it's your favorite civ ... most people don't even know where Albania is, lol. Thanks for your compliments.

My only problem with the civ is that much of what's added doesn't make much sense from an Albanian perspective ... like the Albanian tank? And the Albanian university?

If you want more UUs, just ask me, and I'll be able to help out with that. The Kuvend has significance to the Albanians, "Albanian university" does not ... I'm not sure what a Piker is, I've never heard of it before ... and although the tank and the airplane provide variety, they really have no significance or authenticity to the Albanians.

Plus, I was finishing up a modular version myself, lol. Perhaps we can combine our efforts?

Yes it would be good to work together, i have all the xml fixed and have 3 of 4 music xml ready. It would be nice to get the correct uu's in the civ. I was thinking of changing the Albanian University to the University of Tirana. http://www.canadian-universities.net/World_Universities/Albania.html. Or as you say change it to the Kuvend, which is the canon of Albania. Anyways yeah i like the civ, its amazing they have struggled for 500 years to get away from the Ottoman empire. Thats a lot of preservation. I usually played Teuta and the Kalorse is a great looking UU. You do very good work.

I just tried to run it, but it does not work.

Is there anything that I'm missing?

new version is up fixes the albanian university. It was showing up as a red glob in the pedia. @ Shqype try the new version also do you have any moremusic for the Albanians. Thats about the last thing to do get the music going.

Top Bottom