Updated AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Splitting is cool, i suppose, for those who know exactly which civs they want to play with, but for the sake of simplicity will there just be an "all" choice? I'd really hate to have to download and install a dozen mods just to have them all... of course your mod's updates/fixes could be just partials now.

(Um, about that 1st page of the thread...?)

Splitting is cool, i suppose, for those who know exactly which civs they want to play with, but for the sake of simplicity will there just be an "all" choice? I'd really hate to have to download and install a dozen mods just to have them all... of course your mod's updates/fixes could be just partials now.

(Um, about that 1st page of the thread...?)
It will be a single archive to download. A single mod to install. Many modules to turn ON/OFF.

I've never thought about this before, but I can see why it would be a good policy not to use currently living people. I'll leave it up to you.

Okay than.
I think there a 2 major factors to consider about removing the portraits of living people:
  1. Is he/she still active in politics? I'm somewhat okay with leaving old and retired people in the mod.
  2. Are there at least 2 other leaderheads for the civ? I would like to avoid civs with just 1 leader.
So the list of the civ leaders still alive:

Sheikh Hasina Wazed (Bangladesh)
  1. She's in office currently as Prime Minister.
  2. There's only one other LH for this civ. Though Ayub Khan (Pakistan) could be a share LH for the period of Bangladesh being in union with Pakistan
I think she can be removed.

Percival Noel James Patterson (West-Indies/Caribbean)
  1. He seems to be still active in politics.
  2. There are 3 other LHs.
He can be removed.

Andrés Pastrana Arango (Colombia)
  1. He is still active in politics.
  2. There is only 1 other LH.
If someone knows of a good alternative let me know. Otherwise he stays.

Mikheil Saakashvili (Georgia)
  1. His political career seems to have ended.
  2. There is only 1 other LH.
If someone knows of a good alternative let me know. Otherwise he stays.

Manmohan Singh (India)
  1. He is still active in politics.
  2. There many other Indian LHs.
He can be removed.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (Iran)
  1. Still active.
  2. There 2 other LHs.
Remove.

Helen Elizabeth Clark (New-Zaeland)
  1. On 26 January 2017, Clark announced that she would not seek re-election as UNDP Administrator after the completion of her four-year term. She said it had been an "honour and privilege" to have served in the role. She left UNDP on 19 April 2017.
  2. There's only one other LH.
Stays.

Olusegun Obasanjo (Nigeria)
  1. Not sure how active he is but...
  2. ...there's only one other LH.
Stays.

Lech Wałęsa (Poland)
  1. Maybe active.
  2. There 2 other LHs.
Remove.

Aden Abdullah Osman Daar (Somalia)
  • The civilopedia entry is wrong: He died in 2007. Stays.

Tenzin Gyatso (Tibet)
  1. Is the current Dalai Lama.
  2. There's only one other LH.
I remember seeing an alternative in an other mod, so he will be replaced.

Hugo Rafael Chávez Frías (Venezuela)
  • The civilopedia entry is wrong: He died in 2013. Stays.
Yulia Tymoshenko (Ukraine)
  1. Still active.
  2. Only 1 other LH
Stays.

Vladimir Putin (Russia)
  1. He's very active and influential in Russian and world politics.
  2. There are a lot of other Russian LHs in the mod.
No way I'm leaving him in the mod (and for the very same reason I won't add present day American politicians as Bush/Clinton/Obama/etc or Merkel for Germany).

(New to the forum, but I've used this mod for a while.) I like playing with the current leaders from time to time and it would be a shame to see them go, especially for scenarios set in the current day and age. Maybe you could make them optional modules in the new pack ?

Please, add option to select all, clicking so many may be unnecessarily tedious... imho.
It will be only 11 civ packs to select from so it's not tedious at all.

New to the forum
Welcome on board! :)

I like playing with the current leaders from time to time and it would be a shame to see them go, especially for scenarios set in the current day and age. Maybe you could make them optional modules in the new pack ?
I decided to stick to this policy: "No living/active person should be included". So I'm trying to replace these.
There are many other LHs here and there like American politicians as Bush/Clinton/Obama/etc or Merkel for Germany that could be added to a separate module. Maybe I'll do it sometime but right now I'm not interested. If someone else wants to do it he's free to do so.

Well, I would also prefer to keep all leaders including active ones because people might like scenarios. I suggest we add a mod with as many current leaders as possible,although it's not a priority.

I found replacements for all active leaders and much of the work is done already.

Just curious: Which of the currently living leaders would you miss from the mod? I ask it because only 2 of the vanilla civs have a living leader as a choice: India and Russia.

I found replacements for all active leaders and much of the work is done already.

Just curious: Which of the currently living leaders would you miss from the mod? I ask it because only 2 of the vanilla civs have a living leader as a choice: India and Russia.

Ahmadinejad, Walesa, Putin. But on the other hand, I would like to add many more living leaders, contrary to what you are doing now.

Last edited:
I would like to add many more living leaders,
I'd like that to be a separate mod.
I don't promise doing it but I don't promise NOT doing it either :)
...but in the near future it wont happen from me that's for sure.

Everytime i play the game a lot of XML Errors appear, and some civs have no skins neither in units or cities, is this normal? probably not, if so, how can i fix this?
One example is this

Tag: UNITCOMBAT_WHEELED in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is:
modules/Custom_Civilizations_MCP/Albania/Illogor/Illogor_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml

Everytime i play the game a lot of XML Errors appear, and some civs have no skins neither in units or cities, is this normal? probably not, if so, how can i fix this?
One example is this

Tag: UNITCOMBAT_WHEELED in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is:
modules/Custom_Civilizations_MCP/Albania/Illogor/Illogor_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml

You probably have an old version of the Megapack. The XML files need to be updated to remove references to game elements like the Wheeled unit class that were removed from the main AND mod. The graphics file (MCP0.FPK) should not need to be replaced.

The latest version is available in post #2 of this thread.

You probably have an old version of the Megapack. The XML files need to be updated to remove references to game elements like the Wheeled unit class that were removed from the main AND mod. The graphics file (MCP0.FPK) should not need to be replaced.

The latest version is available in post #2 of this thread.

hmm... but that was the one i downloaded

This one right?

Should be. You also need to apply the current hotfix and then there needs to be some additional hotfixes on top of that. I tried applying the current hotfixes but I still got XML errors.

There will also be other changes that won't cause errors but won't be in line with the current version of AND. It might be best to wait for a brand new version.

Oh well, still the mod and the pack works, so hey, guess we can wait right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom