sioux costruction kit

bernie14

Filter Manipulator
these are two "virgin" nif files from blender for;
1) Scout without backpack or horn ("nativenohorn")
2) Scout modified for leather warshirt (souixinleather")

these files can be used to rebone any unit with ease, if u wish to make other units of these styles.

detailed README w credits included in file

Spoiler :
to all civfanatics,

these are two "virgin" nif files from blender for;
1) Scout without backpack or horn ("nativenohorn")
2) Scout modified for leather warshirt (souixinleather")

these files can be used to rebone any unit with ease, if u wish to make other units of these styles.

i have made several sioux units (footman, crossbowman, longbowman, pikeman, musketman, cuirassier, spearman and knight).

-the footman and knight use a standard scout NIF without backpack, i cant recall if i blendered it myself or if i used one from the site (just in case, thanks to original creator). in any case, if u want to use this nif to rebone another unit, the "footman" can be used in sceneviewer and the dds is a standard scout_128.

-the crossbowman, spearman and longbowman use the "nativenohorn" nif. the scout_128(xxx)x.dds included should be renamed and and assigned in nifskope or nif sceneviewer (heck play with the colors/patterns and come up with entire new looking unit!)

-the pikeman, musketman and cuirassier use the "siouxinleather" nif. important to note that the leather breast lapel for this unit is on a seperate nif "siouxbreastleather". again, the scout_128(xxx)x.dds included should be renamed and and assigned in nifskope or nif sceneviewer.

-as u can tell, the units "as is" are essentially HEADLESS and without ACCESSORIES. i did this on purpose because if i included all the heads and accessories u would have a hard time "positioning" them.

-if u really want to use these bodies to create other units, my advice would be as follows (this is what i did);

1) open a file and name it for example "sioux cannon" (i'll use the cannon as the example).
2) copy over the cannon nif and dds files
3) open the cannon nif in sceneviewer, add(+) the virgin sioux nif file u like (nativenohorn or siouxinleather) and REBONE your cannonier.
4) rename your new nif as "sioux_cannon" (as per RabittW great tut, i ALWAYS save after 4-5 bone shifts and i usually save 2 files, lets say "sioux_cannon" and sioux_cannon1" just in case i get a crash)
5) after your basic rebone and getting rid of any skins u don't need, it's time to accessorize!!!!
6) the easiest way that i can tell u to do that is by ADDING(+) one of MY EXISTING sioux units and moving over the head (choose for ponytails, buffalo, bonnet and long bonnet) and other accessories (there are spear, knife, axe[from original scout and sioux footman weapon], bone breast plate, feathers, ammo box, quiver, shields, horns for the head, bonnet emblem, necklace...think thats it) the reason for adding the accessories from the existing unit is that in that way, u will less likely have to play around with the coordinates, although some adjustments may still have to be done. DONT FORGET TO PUT IN THE DDS FILES FOR THE ACCESSORIES

CREDITS to danrell for original bonnet, rabbitW and CRoland for excellent tutorials, great artists on the site (YES, i study your work), and anyone that i may have "borrowed" from that i can't recall at this time.

a special thanks goes to Sezereth, whom once urged me to get deeper into blender when i was quite reluctant!!!!

DOWNLOAD

I think I'm going to learn how to use blender :) If I try to do something similiar to this in max I usually run into problems lol. Thanks bernie.

u honor me, thanks

Top Bottom