Gaia's Stepdaughters' Cityset

asioasioasio

Fallout Scrubber
It's time for my favoured faction from Alpha Centauri - I played with it around 50% of games
Gaias's Stepdaughters

In the great commons at Gaia's Landing we have a tall and particularly beautiful stand of white pine, planted at the time of the first colonies. It represents our promise to the people, and to Planet itself, never to repeat the tragedy of Earth.

-- Lady Deirdre Skye, "Planet Dreams"

Heavy model - around 4000 triangles (around 200 triangles each building) mostly due organic look of Gaians buildings.
512x512 texture
and as addition citylots - you don't need to put it if you don't like red/brown ground.

Great thx to woodelf for inspiration

Download here
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7590

BTW Mayority of textures cames from my garden :)

Thx :)

Very good work and nice it is. I like it :goodjob: how many kilobites has cityset?

220 kb - it's heavy but still acceptable :)

Now, now, don't tell me it wasn't because of Lady Deirdre :D

When i was younger i was eco-nut :)
now less but i vote for "greens" in election, save energy, recycle etc. :) - so probably in mod i would keep the tradition of playing deidre :)

I never played Miriam (i'm atheist :)) and santiago (i,m pro peace and fight in civ games usually when i'm attacked first)

very... "fantastical". i think you should make more of this genre!

Once again thx :)

@ ohcrapitsnico - it's from imo the best sf game
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri
shortly what happens after spaceships arrives to alpha cenaturi - until civ4 with bts the best civlike game imo - just a little bit old so we works on converting civ4 to the mod - see signature :)

@Garret
yeah Deidre rocks :) army of psi units is great :)just send couple of units to great fungus plains or sargassian sea to collect army of them

I also didn't play Alien Crossfire :) I played smac last time 2 years ago - it's old game but still very cool :)
:spank: Better work on smac mod than play ;) :p

@ Garret ask woodelf or Maniac

yup i need rest a little bit :)
the cityset isn't thing that could be complete in one afternoon - so i start it when i have abundant of time - it's easier to finish things when you have 'flow' :)
I have flow on airplane units right now so Bts 1939 mod is slowly growing - soon all fighters would be completed (3-7 left - depends on how long would 'flow' last) :).

For all smac modders i also would have some little surprise soon :)

could you please direct me to the instructions on how to use this?
it is very well done btw, i am big SMAC fan and greatly look forward to mod.
tx NZ

Top Bottom