Generalmatt's HMS Hood reskined

WOW..:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

That's FANTASTIC Danrell... great work as always!

Wow, thanks! That looks amazing! Thank you very much. :)

This is a GREAT reskin... word to the wise though... if you already had Matt's original Hood in-game, this reskin is scaled differantly, so the same scale size from the original model will give you a differant result.

Good thing I double-checked the size before assuming it was the same!

Once again, great reskin Danrell!

This ship looks very nice. :thumbsup: :clap:

(so the proud of the Royal Navy looks somewhat rusty).

Yes, it was a sad story really. It fought well in the Mediterranean I believe, and then was put up against the Bismark which totally outclassed it.

Thinking of it though, someday I should do a model of the HMS Warspite, she was in practically every naval battle in both WWI and WWII..

Thinking of it though, someday I should do a model of the HMS Warspite, she was in practically every naval battle in both WWI and WWII..
I'd rather see models covering ships/classes/nations we have nothing yet for... we already have a great British Battleship model (the HMS Hood)... heck we even have the HMS Dreadnought... we don't need any more stinkin British battleships... what we need, are German carriers (Graf Zeppelin), French and/or Italian battleships, German U-Boats (long and slender, not short and fat like the default Civ4 sub)... etc, etc...

Yes, I will get to those soon. ;) Note the "someday" before the Warspite. :p

If you want an explanation for my slowing down lately here.

First off, I tried the trial of 3ds Max, and loved it, but that is over. So I tried Gmax, and it is much easier to model in than blender (It is a stripped down free version of 3ds max) but it is much harder to UV map(Put the texture on the models) with it. So I am going to try that in blender, but as I said elsewhere, it was my 17th birthday, and a friends was up until today. Sooo I was busy enjoying his visit.

I'd like to see 'proper' German U-Boats and the Graf Zeppelin Carrier more then just about any other naval unit at this point. If that matters for anything... the current WWII sub is way too short and fat.

I love the detail you put into your units Danrell. Bravo! :thumbsup:

Hope you'll work on more units in the future. :)

Awesome design. However, the HMS was not a battleship, but rather a battle crusier (picky no?). This actually did make a difference as it had a wooden deck rather than metal armor which from the above picture and battle with the Bismarck had a lot to do with its destruction.

Awesome design. However, the HMS was not a battleship, but rather a battle crusier (picky no?). This actually did make a difference as it had a wooden deck rather than metal armor which from the above picture and battle with the Bismarck had a lot to do with its destruction.
Newsflash... almost every warship, including the Bismarck and the Iowas had wooden decks... and all of these ships hard armored decks too... how's that? The wooden decks on all these ships were laid over the armored decks. If you walked on the deck of the Hood and the deck of the Bismarck, you'd have wood under your feet in both cases!

If you think because the Hood was technically a battlecruiser it "only" had a wooden deck, you'd be sadly mistaken. The Hood did have an armored deck (albeight not as heavily armored as ships 20 years younger then her). The simple fact of the matter, the Hood was designed prior to the battle of Jutland in WWI and had "afterthought" changes after Jutland to her design and armor. The Hood was over 20 years older then the Bismarck when they met, and some of the armor upgrades planned for Hood were never done because she was always at sea.

Your statement that the Hood had a wooden deck rather then a metal deck is false and incorrect in regards to it being unarmored (picky no?). Hood's armored protection accounted for 33% of her displacement; a high proportion by British standards. The main deck had 3 inches over the magazines. Before you start being "picky", you might want to start being correct.

Top Bottom