german spearman project

bernie14

Filter Manipulator
this one was requested by Wolfie....i haven ot been able to look at it in game and since it is an fx.nif, i cant see the shaders in sceneviewer

let me know it it is OK :)

DOWNLOAD

Yeah... thanks a lot Bernie! I'll check him out! Looks great!

Bernie... I checked out the Spearman in-game... you equipped him with one of those super-cool, high-tech, anti-gravity shields... I mean... it's nice and all... but I would just settle for the cheaper "attaches to your arm" shield.

Think you can either move-in the shield, or move out the arm? Whichever needs to be done to have shield meet arm?

Thanks again!

darn, i thought u would really like the anti-gravity shield ;)...ok, should be a very easy fix, but i'm flying blind, so test the new nifs and let me know if it's ok, until we get it just right! :)

here's the first

Bernie that last NIF did the trick... though I will miss that super-cool hover-shield. Anyways, the shield seems to actually be held by his arm now, so we have a winner.

Thanks... looks great in-game (and matches my new Red/Black themed German units I've been making).

:goodjob: :goodjob:

Yes, forgive me for dragging this up but it does look good in game. Playing Wolfshanze Mod as Germany I thought these units looked very nice.

Yes, forgive me for dragging this up but it does look good in game. Playing Wolfshanze Mod as Germany I thought these units looked very nice.
Thanks for the compliment, but how did you get on my hard-drive and get ahold of Wolfshanze Mod v2.74 (unreleased), because I haven't added this guy to the public version yet... or did you just add this unit to your existing mod?

This guy is a spin-off of the current Medieval German Spearman and my other "Team" European spearmen... but I haven't officially released it yet (pending next release).

This is what the "finished" spearman looks like though... in the Wolfshanze Mod, I also have matching Chariot, Longbowman, Crossbowman & Pikeman, all in red & black tunics.

I thought that was the existing German Spearman. It looked very much like it. I assumed that was the same unit in the current version. It looks very similar to me. I just thought that it had already been released in the previous version of Wolfshanze Mod. It looked very similar but obviously I must have made a mistake.

I thought that was the existing German Spearman. It looked very much like it. I assumed that was the same unit in the current version. It looks very similar to me. I just thought that it had already been released in the previous version of Wolfshanze Mod. It looked very similar but obviously I must have made a mistake.
It's the same shield... that's about it.

Germany in the current version of the Wolfshanze mod actually has two German Spearman units... an Ancient/Classical Spearman... kinda barbarian look with pointy helmet, then a Medieval & later Spearman... the one in the Wolfshanze Mod has the same shield as seen above, but his armor and helmet are totally different... see below:

I'm getting rid of the guy in the above pic, because (in my mind) he doesn't really fit the Germanic ancient/barbarian look, nor the Germanic Medieval look... so I'm ditching him in favor of the German Project Spearman seen in this thread... the new model will be officially released with the Wolfshanze Mod in my next release (whenever that may be). Plus, the new German Medieval Spearman will much-better match the other German Medieval units in the Wolfshanze Mod.

Okay, I see. I just got confused and thought that it was the current German Spearman that was being improved. Didn't realise it was a totally new one. Looks great.

So what are you replacing the current guy with? I just don't know whether the chain-mail armour fits my view of an ancient Germanic Spearman. I know at one stage there was a Germanic spearman with a coat that really did seem to look the part of a wild ancient member of the Germanic tribe to me anyway...

So what are you replacing the current guy with? I just don't know whether the chain-mail armour fits my view of an ancient Germanic Spearman.
The new one is ONLY replacing the Medieval German Spearman... there's already an ancient (barbaric-looking) German Spearman in the mod (not shown here)... he will remain the same, representing Ancient Germany... the above pics are ONLY for Medieval Germany.

Top Bottom