[BTS] Barbarian Mod (Yes, BTS!)

Ekmek

on steam: ekmek_e
YES! With the help of General Tso and Emperor Fool I was able to port the Barbarian Mod from Warlords to BTS.

I did however change the leader from the one Firaxis used and put in my Attila leaderhead.

Also it doesn't force the map. I havent gotten that to work like it did for warlords so you can choose the maps you play.

Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD HERE!

What exactly does the barbarian mod do ?

Awesome job, ekmek. I've been looking every where for something like this.

Honestly, probably tons of people want all the old vanilla and warlords scenarios converted.

Correct. People download scenarios a lot, even when they will only play it once. Besides that I noticed that playable barbarian mods have an extra appeal, but I'm not sure why.

I played a couple of turns, but can't give any feedback yet as I have played the Warlords version ages ago. Has the gold from pillaging (between 40 and 50 gold) always been this high?

I just remember that Jeckel also already converted (and slightly changed) this Warlords mod some time ago (see here). Anyway, nothing wrong with an unchanged conversion.

I'm considering making a scenario/map for this mod, trying to recreate the Hunnic invasion of Europe. At least the leaderhead is already there... :)

I just remember that Jeckel also already converted (and slightly changed) this Warlords mod some time ago (see here). Anyway, nothing wrong with an unchanged conversion.

Thx. I never saw that, i guess because it wasnt in the DB. if he released it I wouldnt have done this :D

Looks like a lot of people liked it. i may convert some other ones, but i have other work now.

I'd certainly be appreciate that. One location for all the mods and scenarios rather than three.

Dale updated Desert War to BtS. It had a couple of bugs, but certainly nothing that made it unplayable. Perhaps there should be a sub-forum in the main mod projects forum for BtS versions of the old mods.

The mod seems a bit different from Warlords. Maybe it's the updated AI, but I noticed that, even on easy, the mod was harder than I remember. Maybe I'm just not good at playing any more (I haven't been on civ for a while) but every time I raze a city they have a settler waiting to rebuild it as soon as me stack moves on.

Am I doing something wrong or is there supposed to be no interface for this mod?

When you load the mod the AI plays the first turns and then you get a chance to buy units. That makes sense.

But then, there is no interface to see what is going on or to control your units. You can't see which unit is which, you can't promote your units, or even pillage if you don't know the hot key shortcuts.

Is this a bug or by design?

NPM

Sounds like you have something interfering through CustomAssets. Change NoCustomAssets = 0 to 1 in Barbarian.ini and try again.

is it just me or does the actual barbarian map not work at all? I did everything correct, I even disabled custom assets, but if I pick that map it always crashes before it even begins.

random maps work fine though.

is it just me or does the actual barbarian map not work at all? I did everything correct, I even disabled custom assets, but if I pick that map it always crashes before it even begins.

random maps work fine though.

yeah i never got it to work either. i put it there in case some can figure it out

Top Bottom