Journey to Nowhere - Game Thread

Ok, Benjie, Gavin and I will search the outpost and report back at the first sign of trouble or within 24 hours, whichever comes first. Alen and most the rest will try to fortify the outpost so we can use it as a temporary base. Dickie and Dazzler go looking for food. Multiple rabbits would of course be preferable ;)

Is that the plan? Any objections?

Assuming all goes well, we can then go loot the place, set up camp, and divide up any spoils accordin' to the needs of the group. I won't be happy if I find out someone's tried to pocket some goodies for himself...
That goes without saying. None of us is a thief with the exception of Benjie... hmmm... maybe having him look for stuff isn't the best idea :mischief:

Naw, I'm just kidding. I'm sure ol' Benjamen is just as trustworthy as the rest of you all.

Journey to Nowhere – 0600 hrs, 24.05.00 (Update 3)

The first order of business in the morning was what to do with Dr. Richard Of Eastduke. Arguments ranged from letting him free in the middle of the woods to executing him. However, no clear consensus was reached, and so the Doctor was left in his tent, bound up.

Before the sun came up, Benjamin Cook, Ryan Hall, and Gavin walked south along the path, towards where the outpost was thought to be. An hour later, the saw a concrete structure that looked like a bunker, and slowly opened the door. When they got inside, they could see Vlatixan Empire insignia, but the bunker looked deserted. The first thing the noticed was a computer terminal to open the main doors. It read:

Vlatixan Empire Outpost AB02

Security Status: Offline

Bunker Status: Decommissioned – Unnecessary use of funding and personnel

Authorized Personnel Only
Trespassing is a crime against the empire

Meanwhile, back at camp, Dickie sent out his dog Dazzler again to go hunting. This time, Dazzler was very successful, and caught three rabbits, enough to feed Dickie and Dazzler three days. He gave two of these rabbits to Ninosca to hold for the group.

The three outpost scouts opened the main doors via the terminal, and entered easily. The security systems were probably taken down for budget reasons, since the outpost seemed to be shut down. However, they heard a noise coming from down the main corridor. The three men stealthily walked down the hall, only to find a 42 year old man searching for supplies. Raising their guns up at the man, the rebel scout party demanded to know why here was there.

The man’s name was Terni Hans. He was carrying a hunting rifle and a pet ferret, and was searching for supplies. He used to live in Bakerstown, where the Vlatixan government had a large presence. He escaped two days ago, wandering to where he had heard there was an abandoned outpost. After the rebel scouts heard this, they allowed Terni to join them in scouting the outpost, as long as he agreed to split everything evenly with the rest of the rebels.

During the search, the rebels found no other people. However, they found these supplies:
- 60 Days’ Rations (5 per person)
- 1 Clip of Main Weapon Ammo per Person
- 2 Clips of Pistol Ammo per Person
- 2 Radio Sets (Ryan Hall has one, Benjamin Cook has one, but the owners are up for vote)
- A Set of Maps (These clear some of the “fog” on the map; Gavin is holding onto them, but the owner is also up for vote)

Once this search was completed, the scouts returned with Terni Hans to the rebel camp, and said it was fine to proceed to the outpost. The group packed their things, and set off for the outpost. (Dr. Richard was still tied up at this point, being led by Jeremy Bentham.) By the time they reached the outpost, it was mid-afternoon. Alen and Mike Hammer began to fortify the area out of logs they found in the area, creating a camouflaged and fortified entrance to the bunker. Everyone else began finding a suitable living space, and eventually settled in the original soldiers’ quarters.

When night fell, everyone was glad to sleep indoors for once, though it was still not especially pleasant. Jeremy Bentham kept watch over Dr. Richard (who was kept in a separate room), and Ninosca kept watch near the front entrance. Otherwise, the night was fairly uneventful.

It is now 0600 hrs, the 24th of Blooming, Year 00. Each person has 9 days of rations left (w/ exceptions). The next turn will last ~24 game hours, and the deadline for orders is Wednesday March 4th at 11:59 PM GMT (6:59 PM EST).

Status Report:
I have some personal update PMs to send, based on actions they’ve done. They should be incoming soon. Otherwise, assume inventories are the same, plus the stuff from the outpost.

Map:

- About two days East/Northeast is Bakerstown.
- To the west and southwest are mountains.
- Two days southeast is a lake.
- Another day southeast of there is the village of Charlen.
- Two days southwest is a fairly large cave that seems to lead somewhere.

Keep in mind that you have 9 days of food left (w/ exceptions), and Dr. Richard’s status within the group is still uncertain.

I think one radio should stay with either me or Benjamen. After all, we do most of the scouting. The other should stay with the main group so we can make contact. Ninosca maybe? And as for the maps, as long as everybody has access to them they can stay where they are right now with Gavin.

My previous suggestion about Richard still stand.

We can take over Charlen and recruit more guys before leaving or we can go to the cave to hide out...

Terni felt lucky that he found a rebel group: stories of rebels being hunted down are on TV every day, smaller groups destroyed in days, larger ones surviving for a few weeks. This is the largest and he knows that they all can contribute to surviving.

I say we head towards the Cave. It may be usefull as a hideout. And i can make it into a kitchen.

Mike Hammer had been in his element: defense. He had looked like a natural working with wood. Watching him work was like watching a painter paint, or a sculptor sculpt. The wood breathed.

After he had finished, he looked upon his work like a mother on his children, and then slept, a contented smile forming on his lips.

The next day, he awoke, refreshed by the carpentry.

All right. First off, we should probably keep going; we're only a few days from Areville, and somehow I think this place will be easy to find. Second, I don't want to go to no cave.

I can probably build some traps for the people who inevitably come in here to find us to discover though. So my suggestion: let's spend another half day here so I can build a welcoming gift, and then let's move out.

Alternatively, we could hole up. Either way, I'd like to build some surprises for the Imperial forces...

And regardin' the Doctor, we should not leave him out of our sights. Take him with us; his knowledge will be useful. If he is truly loyal, he should not complain.

I think one radio should stay with either me or Benjamen. After all, we do most of the scouting. The other should stay with the main group so we can make contact. Ninosca maybe? And as for the maps, as long as everybody has access to them they can stay where they are right now with Gavin.

I agree with CC. I'd suggest that I hold on to it because chances are I'll be going in to various places to obtain things.

I'd like to suggest a scouting party to the lake while the rest hide out in the cave. I doubt Vlats will be hanging around the cave area and at the Lake, a group of us can probably get news while obtaining even more equipment.

The cave should be a good idea, particularly if there are networks we can hide out at.

Yes. I propose, though, that the group that goes out to the lake finds alot of string.

remember the myth? we need string to find our way through a labyrinth...

Another possibility is using the lake to "obtain" a boat through whatever means necessary whether it be theft, purchase, or construction. We could probably make better time with a boat then we could otherwise. Perhaps this lake is actually a river that leads more south? Something that our little expedition could find out :dunno:

Anyways, I agree with the idea of a scouting party to the lake. I'd like to propose that it consist of me, Benjamen, and Gavin, same as before. Everyone else checks out the cave (with string of course ;)) We take the maps and one radio. Benjie's I suppose. I'll give mine to Ninosca I guess. I'd also like to ask for the extra rabbits to take with us since y'all are going to have Dazzler with ya to catch more. More food in case it takes longer than expected you know? Depending on what we each find out, we can decide on further action from there. Objections? Mike I know you'd like some time to build some surprises but if it's okay, I've got some surprises right here *points to bag with six bear traps* We could leave a few of those scattered around and maybe you could make me some new ones?

A slow grin makes its way across Mike's face, like a glacier moving into position, about to envelop an entire city in its cold, icy embrace. It is the grin of the predator inside of every man, intensified by Mike's origins. They liked guns back there. But fun too were traps...

Mr. Hall, I'd love to make you some new traps. I'll pass the time whittling as we walk through the forest.

I'm worried though, about the caves. What if we run into a dead end? Then we'd have to go back, and we'd lose time. Why don't we go around the caves and head for the mountains?

"I think the scouting party to the cave sounds like a decent idea. Benjamin and Ryan go scouting, perhaps with Gavin with you, and one of the radios. I'll keep the other one here. Since the signal might be weak inside the cave, make sure you call us before descending and tell us how long we will risk being out of reach. Also, you can take the rabbits, if nobody else protests.

Meanwhile, we should be heading towards the lake. Now, I might be overly paranoid here, but this group would definately cause suspicion, so we should try camping out of open sight and send someone to whatever village there is on the bank, to avoid suspicion. That also means that once we get close enough, we can't risk send Dickie and Daz hunting any more, for now atleast."

Ninosca turns to Dickie. "If you can't sleep, I suggest you and Daz stand guard next night. I could use some rest, and I bet Jeremy could aswell... Anyone opposed to this proposition?"

OOC: I want to apoligize for my posts from yesterday: I was sick, and tired, and rereading them, i realize they were fairly incoherent... :blush:

"Oh, I'm sorry... I'm still a bit tired, I haven't really slept those past two nights. That sounds decent aswell... The people leaving for town should probably not bear visible arms...

Oh and even if we are not approaching town, I would ask that you take the next night's guard, Dickie, if you want to do me favour? I really need some sleep."

*Dazzler is sulking in a corner, and Dickie looks mildly irritated.*

Guard duty? Does that mean I have to hang around here all day? I was hopin' me and Daz would get to visit the lake...

Bah, I suppose it's for the greater good. We can't have our leader goin' sleepless for too long... Just tell me where to stand.

Oh, and while you're welcome to them two extra rabbits we caught, I'm gonna give the third one to Daz. Frankly, he's not happy that I've given any of 'em away, and if we want him to catch more in future, we'd best make sure he gets some reward for his efforts yesterday...

*He pauses for a moment, looking slightly disturbed.*

Now's I come to think on it, a trip to the lake is gonna take two days, right? And an extra day if the scoutin' party wants to visit Charlen? Then, I'm guessin', another two or three days to meet up with the rest of us at the caves?

That'd mean at least four days apart, maybe as many as six... Is that really such a good idea?

"I'd think two days to reach the lake shore, then contact the rest of the team over the radio to evalutate the possibilities of crossing the lake. If it is possible we should all do so together. Those two days would be enough for us to reach the cave and have a brief look at it. If it looks more interesting than the fishing village, we might want the scouting party to head to the cave instead."

Ninosca listens to Dickie's concerns for Dazzler, before responding. "Yeah, sorry, but we all have to take guard duty some time during this trip. I was thinking I'd let you and Daz have one of the easy ones, and one while we're still outside. I do not doubt Daz'll enjoy a bit of fresh air. And we'll make sure to keep him happy and hunting, don't worry."

Ninosca nears the dog and gently nudges it behind one ear. "Good boy, Daz, keep an eye out for Dickie tonight and make sure he doesn't sleep on duty. Good boy."

"Richard, at the moment you do not have access to anything. You're in ties and under guard until we decide something else.

Dickie, I trust you'll enforce this on the dear doctor, atleast for tonight."

Top Bottom