Night of the Werewolves XXV: Border of Life

It is generally believed that the wolves are ''good'' because the Priest of Lugus was a Wolf accomplice, and was almost certainly of good allignment. Also, evil is usually a very rare allignment. There is usually one group of 3 murderers and one or two evil ''redherring'' innocents on the evil side. There is no way there are enough evil people for three enemy teams AND redherrings.

The general consensus is that there are three people on each enemy team.

This is crazy.

"Ok I have an important announcement to make. I know the identity of the wolf."
*The historian waits for the crowd to end their yells and silence a bit.*

"Yes earlier this day the groundkeeper came to me, in tears, fearing for her life! She knows a terrible secret about the Lord. The beggar told her that the lord was the werewolf and apparently the beggar was helping the lord in some way. They told the groundskeeper they were looking for a cure against his condition! She felt sympathetic and promised to help them. However the beggar begun to accuse the groundskeeper of deceit and lies! As such she feared the beggar might use poison to kill her. She also feared the cook with his nasty handcannon!

She confided this all to me. So that this knowledge may not be wasted in case of her early demise. I however find this all rather strange. I decided to share this with all of you before I too am killed!

The werewolf lord is responsible for many deaths! He should answer for his crimes!
That is why I say tonight we lynch the werewolf Winston Hughes!
Tomorrow we lynch the priest thomas.berubeg!
The day after we lynch the possible wolf accomplish Methos!
Then all we need to do is find the last ghostly threat!

I have one last warning. The beggar apparently has poison, if the groundskeeper or myself are killed by poison you know who will be responsible! Beggar! You can prove your worth by saying my words are true and help with lynching this threat! If you do perhaps the crowd will be merciful and let you live.

I greet you all and hope this was not the last time I have spoken to you all."

OOC: Sorry Renata but I can't let this go by.

The Lord stands before what remains of his staff and guests with a grave look in his eye, takes a deep breath, and steels himself to speak...

It is true. I am the wolf.

Renata discovered this several days ago, and I have been working with her and Methos since then.

My purpose, and the purpose of the good men who stood by me - Aramazd and RRRaskolnikov - has always been to help the innocents destroy the threats to this castle, and thus to save me from this horrible curse.

I am truly sorry for the innocents who have died by my hand. Amidst the evil aura that surrounds this place, I could not control the curse as I had done before I arrived here. All I could do was to try to minimise the harm I caused to the innocents, whilst seeking opportunities to strike at the villains.

If you feel I must die for the crimes this curse has driven me to, then so be it. Know, however, that my death will not aid your survival. I fear these malevolent priests are but hours from completing their evil ritual, and by putting me up for the lynch, you are handing them the chance to bring it to its terrible conclusion.

"If this is true, my suggestion would be, if the lord agrees, that we lynch thomas tonight who I am sure is the final priest. You can attack the groundskeeper. Now this may seem odd but the groundskeeper and myself know the reason for me saying this. No it is not an evil plot. If the lord attacks the groundskeeper tonight she will not die. I can save one person from dying tonight.

I leave it to the others to decide how we move further."

"If this is true, my suggestion would be, if the lord agrees, that we lynch thomas tonight who I am sure is the final priest. You can attack the groundskeeper. Now this may seem odd but the groundskeeper and myself know the reason for me saying this. No it is not an evil plot. If the lord attacks the groundskeeper tonight she will not die. I can save one person from dying tonight.

I leave it to the others to decide how we move further."

Provided Renata agrees to this, I will go along with your plan.

Wait... Wha??? :confused:

The only two people I was convinced innocent...

I feel like walking into a trap now...

{OOC: DEAD DON'T SPEAK :mad: :p}

Wait wait wait let us just hold up now.

Soo... the werewolf Winston Hughes is Good, and he had been forced against his will to kill innocents, apparently by whatever evil influence on this castle, but you were still able to choose your targets?

If so, what are the Werewolf Accomplice's roles? What did they actually do at night?

And the werewolf tried to kill me once, did you think I was a ghost accomplice or a malevolent priest or something? (When DE clearly wanted to kill me? :p)

I'm not sure what part of "please don't tell anyone unless I die" you failed to understand, Historian. You were my insurance, in case of betrayal. I don't know what's the right thing to do here; I never have.

The Historian did tell the truth about Winston Hughes, though there are some minor inaccuracies in the rest. (OOC: Probably because of my huge PMs; nobody could remember all of that.) I own the Key to the Kennel. My dogs do not like werewolf scent, and they were able to sniff out the wolf three nights back (the night before PaulusIII died). PaulusIII and CCRunner were killed in an attempt to find the priests and the ghosts who are also threatening this place and kill them; we got one right. One wrong.

What the Lord has said is congruent with what he told me, but I don't know whether to trust him. I don't know whether to trust the Beggar either. I did, fully, up until the death of RRRaskolnikov last night. For reasons too complicated to go into, that made me wonder again. But I can't help but think that at least some of the people in this castle who threaten the lives of the rest of us must be very amused right now ...

I accuse Methos, for reasons some of you know. Night is coming soon, and we'll see what we shall see.

I accuse Methos, for reasons some of you know. Night is coming soon, and we'll see what we shall see.

The beggar laughs at the way history repeats itself. "Just to make sure, I accuse the beggar too." Glances at the groundskeeper and winks.

{OOC: Methos :p}

"So we have two persons of whom we know are bad and we lynch the beggar? That makes so much sense I can't even imagine what we are going to do tomorrow."

"I still can't imagine what it will do to us, we will have the same situation tomorrow morning. I withdraw my vote on the Lord but I will not vote on the beggar."

Evening Ten​

The second half of the day's voting had been varied and frantic, with several people finding themselves with the majority of the votes at one point or another. Eventually, the Beggar stood up and, like the Groundskeeper had earlier in the day, voted for himself to be lynched. He seemed to know something that the public didn't.

The mob went hesitantly to bring the Beggar to face his execution, but the old man came of his own will, bringing with him a rather odd walking staff. It was the Staff of Lugus that had been voted to the Groundskeeper, and when he stood under the great dead tree in the greenhouse, the noose poised above him, he hefted the staff with a determined look on his face.

"I fear tonight that it may be our last, so why not remove night from this day. Let no evil pass this night." Suddenly, the Beggar brought the staff down over his knee, breaking it in two, and an impossibly bright light burst from the broken staff like an explosion. The mob stood transfixed as a vision burned itself into their minds. The past, present, and future all seemed to flow into each other and become one, and every person forgot himself for what seemed like just a moment, but stretched on like eternity. It was the Beggar they saw, growing up in an Elohim town, wielding a quarterstaff in his hands, and striking righteously at dark, unseen foes. There was much more to see, but only this impression stayed with them - most of the other visions were too brief or confusing to make out. One impression stayed with them all, though.
Spoiler :
The Beggar is innocent!
The visions continued for what was, in reality, a very long time...

Morning Eleven​

Everyone regained consciousness at more or less the same time. The sun was on the horizon, but it was opposite where it had been when the visions started - the sun was rising. The survivors were all standing precisely where they had stood the previous evening, and the Staff of Lugus had turned to ash in the Beggar's hands.

The mob felt as refreshed as if they had slept through the night, though, and so the castle would go immediately into the day's voting. The Longsword was given to the Historian, though not without some grumbling on the Paladin's part. Meanwhile, the Groundskeeper produced the Key to the Kennel he had revealed the previous day, which would be voted upon.

Spoiler :
6 Beggar Methos (Male, Human) Methos Nictel
2 1 Blacksmith thomas.berubeg (Male, Dwarven) thomas.berubeg Methos
1 Cook Ekolite (Female, Elven) Ekolite Methos
Gardener Backwards Logic (Female, Elven)

1 Groundskeeper Renata (Male, Human) Methos
Harpsichordist Ozbenno (Male, Human)
2 Historian Nictel (Male, Elven) Nictel
Lord Winston Hughes (Male, Elven) Methos

Miller ZPV (Female, Human) Methos Renata
2 Paladin PrinceScamp (Male, Human) thomas.berubeg PrinceScamp
Seamstress Seon (Female, Human) thomas.berubeg PrinceScamp
Soldier Stuck in Pi (Male, Human)
It is Day Eleven!
Players, place your votes!
Votes for the Key to the Kennel are Brown!
Public posting is open!
Night falls in 48 hours!

Top Bottom