The Road to War Ultimate Edition for BtS 3.19

deanej

Deity
I've updated Ultimate Edition to 3.19. The only changes I have made from the base version are the removal of a part of the unofficial patch related to map generation that I couldn't get to compile (and, being with map generation, does not affect RTW), updating the mod to 3.19 (or rather, updating 3.19's RTW to UE), and removing the advertisement for UE from the starting popup (why did that have an ad for stuff the player already installed in the first place?). Install instructions are the same as the ultimate edition Dale uploaded:
1. Download RtW-UE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw...MmM/view?resourcekey=0-QuT2FIvBaUmjMIlKaDNaYw
2. Delete the existing RtW Mod folder ..\Beyond the Sword\Mods\The Road to War
3. Unzip the downloaded file to the same Mods folder as step 2 ..\Beyond the Sword\Mods\.
4. Start BtS, the RtW and play!

Last edited by a moderator:
I note in v3.19 of the official patch that you get the full list of nations score list on the bottom right of the screen. Do you still get this in yours ?

I have a significantlly changed the Europe Map how will your it as I will have a new Map generated by my updated scenario ?

I believe the scoreboard change for only seeing the top nations was between 3.17 and UE so it should be back that way; I think that's how it was in my two-turn test. The Europe map is how it was in UE; if you haven't changed yours back to the Firaxis version it will still work (I beleive the only changes were adding the goods factories and some unit placement changes).

You will need to run it up to the Bitter Winter Turns ... i.e. december 1937 as the Map gets redrawn during bitter winter. This should test the DLL fully.

And yes I am editting the scenario that cam with v3.19 now.

I should clarify: the stuff I deleted was with adding features to the player's starting plot. Since it compiled fine and I didn't see anything odd in the first couple turns I believe it's running without issue (if turns didn't take so long I'd have tested out further). I'm sure if something doesn't work somebody will say something so I can fix it.

Cannot extract the archive.
I get the following errors:

! C:\Holding\Games\Civ 4\The_Road_to_War.zip: CRC failed in The Road to War\Assets\Art\movies\Intros\RTW_PDEC1.bik. The file is corrupt
! C:\Holding\Games\Civ 4\The_Road_to_War.zip: CRC failed in The Road to War\Assets\Sounds\Units\BombsDescend.wav. The file is corrupt
! C:\Holding\Games\Civ 4\The_Road_to_War.zip: CRC failed in The Road to War\CvGameCoreDLL\Boost-1.32.0\include\boost\concept_archetype.hpp. The file is corrupt
! C:\Holding\Games\Civ 4\The_Road_to_War.zip: The archive is corrupt

Is this a known issue please, and how do I get around it?

DEANJ: Well done on creating this update. I will test it soon in a later release of my mini-mod

I am still updating my Mini-Mod for v3.19 vanilla RTW.

I just did a test extraction with the file I have on disk and it worked fine. Try redownloading and see if it works better. If not, it may be an issue with FileFront.

I'd really appreciate that.
I have downloaded it to 2 different machines, and used both the built-in Zip extraction tool as well as WinRAR. Both throw CRC errors at me.
Is it possible I am using the wrong Zip extraction tool?

! C:\Users\Oscar Serna\AppData\Local\Temp\The_Road_to_War.zip: CRC failed in The Road to War\Assets\Sounds\Units\BombsDescend.wav. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Oscar Serna\AppData\Local\Temp\The_Road_to_War.zip: CRC failed in The Road to War\CvGameCoreDLL\Boost-1.32.0\include\boost\concept_archetype.hpp. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Oscar Serna\AppData\Local\Temp\The_Road_to_War.zip: The archive is corrupt

I also got these errors when I dl'ed and installed it to Mods of BtS.

I downloaded the mod twice before and got a "archive is incomplete" error or something, and it stopped. This was with Win-zip or whatever IE uses.

Today, I redownloaded, and using 7-zip, extracted it again. This was the diagnostic message I got.

0: C/temp/The_Road_to_War.zip
1: Data error in 'The Road to War\Assets\Art\movies\Intros\RTW_PDEC1.bik'. File is broken.
2: Data error in The Road to War\Assets\Sounds\Units\BombsDescend.wav. The file is broken.
3: CRC failed in The Road to War\CvGameCoreDLL\Boost-1.32.0\include\boost\concept_archetype.hpp. The file is broken.

Then I got "Unsupported compression method" in a lot of Boost-1.32.0 DLL files.

Seems to be what most people are getting (except for the last unsupported compression method messages, but that may be because I tried it out in 7-zip instead.)

first, thanks for making rtw work with 3.19!

however, it is 1939 and hitler just took paris and then converted to democracy!

is that supposed to be possible? i am playing the global "historically accurate version" as ussr

ok, another qustion for you...

its 1943, i am ussr and at war with italy, germany, and other axis powers, but not japan. i have NOT joined the allies... why? i thought the historically accurate deal meant i'd join forces with britain in 1941?

also, a bug... russian early infantry can be upgraded for only 20gold, to either 4star OR 5star infantry (when researched). i think this is a mistake, esp since if u try to buy upgrades from 4 to 5, that costs like 140gold.

I haven't played UE at all in a long time but I think that's how it normally happens (don't remember for sure); the code handles Russia and the US separately so I'm guessing this is how Dale intended.

By the way (for everyone); I'm not making more changes unless something is an actual bug as I want this to be as close to what Dale released for 3.17 as possible.

ok, another qustion for you...

its 1943, i am ussr and at war with italy, germany, and other axis powers, but not japan. i have NOT joined the allies... why? i thought the historically accurate deal meant i'd join forces with britain in 1941?

also, a bug... russian early infantry can be upgraded for only 20gold, to either 4star OR 5star infantry (when researched). i think this is a mistake, esp since if u try to buy upgrades from 4 to 5, that costs like 140gold.

I agree with Deanej
I want this to be as close to what Dale released for 3.17 as possible.
We need to insure we have a stable base for 1,000's of others, who like Dales version.

Custom mod's of RTW like mine are really an exception.

Also, re: Historic Allies, Russian, British and American did not actually combat together, like America, Britain, etc. (who actually formed joint Corps and Armies, i.e. a US Corps/Army may have a British or Free French Division or Corps, or vice versa) This level of co-operation would have involved sharing of technology, etc. However, Russia was generally given aid, or equipment only.

As to upgrade costs, yes it can seem cheap for Russia, but manpower was cheap for them.

the allies don't evn like me as ussr... they won't trade world maps for instance. seems like we should be allied in SOME way since clearly thats historically accurate... not combining forces, just diplomatically, but whatever.

HOWEVER, regarding the bug, i think you guys misunderstand me?

u start with early infantry, 3 stars. when u research 4 star guys, you can upgrade existing 3 star guys for 20gold. no problem. then, when u research 5 star guys, you can upgrade 4star guys to 5 stars for like 140gold, also no problem.

what seems like a bug to me, is that if you have any 3 star guys around, and you research 5 star guys, then those 3 star guys can become 5 star guys for ONLY 20gold!!!

do you see my point now?

Top Bottom