The Road to War Ultimate Edition for BtS 3.19

I downloaded and tried and unzipping multiple times on three different computers with no luck (unless the zip file has been modified in the last few hours).

A follow-up: don't install this version (as of 2/4/2016) at all costs! By only partially installing and then stopping because the files were corrupted, it modified some but not all of the game dlls and I'm now into day 2 of uninstalling and reinstalling Civ 4 trying to get it to work properly again (still no luck). Don't try to download and extract this unless you want to be doing the same.

I have just tested the file on google drive and have not got any problems.

All you need to do is copy the contents of "The Road to War" folder in the zip file and drop them into the existing "The Road to War" folder, overwriting the existing files.

Attachments

• rtw.png
    rtw.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 337
Isn't working with steam. I put it in the correct Civ 4 BTS folder under steam, and it won't show up as an option when I launch the game and go to "mods"

Edit: Problem solved! I installed the mod here: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods

Instead of here: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Isn't working with steam. I put it in the correct Civ 4 BTS folder under steam, and it won't show up as an option when I launch the game and go to "mods"

Edit: Problem solved! I installed the mod here: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods

Instead of here: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods
Yeah, thanks....I was curious about this because I had just re-bought the game on steam. Mine is also working, although I put the MOD in both locations lol ....cheers

Why can't I select Hitler or Hirohito? I used to be able to...hmmmn...

just to add experienced this for the first time so i had to come here to download the mod. have the game on steam maybe it thinks i'm in germany where hitler isnt allowed to be shown so its erased from the game. i dunno it's weird

I'm having the same issues as some others re: No Germany/Japan playable and only the western 1/3 of cities loading at all. improvements load across the map. no units load on the map at all. i play BTW through steam

i tried downloading various versions of RTW. Then I deleted every RTW i have, and BTS is still letting me load "RTW" as a mod, and sending me to the same shell mod that only loads 1/3 of the cities. so, i think the problem is with steam bts finding the mod, and the problems i have experienced are the result of steam not finding any RTW mod. I am going to keep looking and see if i can figure out where steam wants me to put these files so it will work. I dont want to reinstall the game.

I'm having the same issues as some others re: No Germany/Japan playable and only the western 1/3 of cities loading at all. improvements load across the map. no units load on the map at all. i play BTW through steam

i tried downloading various versions of RTW. Then I deleted every RTW i have, and BTS is still letting me load "RTW" as a mod, and sending me to the same shell mod that only loads 1/3 of the cities. so, i think the problem is with steam bts finding the mod, and the problems i have experienced are the result of steam not finding any RTW mod. I am going to keep looking and see if i can figure out where steam wants me to put these files so it will work. I dont want to reinstall the game.

C: Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Sid Meier's... BTS > BTS > Mods
move, delete, or rename the RTW that is already there. replace with new RTW download and should be fixed

Top Bottom