AAranda's modcomps for RoM 2.7

I am giving this one a try too!

Btw. I nearly don't dare to say it, but your orthographics are really messy.
Sorry if it sounds harsh but to build a "Dog camp" sucks. I want a "Dog Camp"!!!

Maybe it's because in german we write all nouns in large letters, but following the rest of the Civ/Rom buildings etc. also of those combined of two words, both are always spelled large.
Again, no disrespect but it sucks to click on something which looks kinda dyslexic... ;)

So finally a very gentle sounding request: if you update you mods, could you change the names consisting of two words so they are all spelled large?

Thx for all and keep up the good work, I like the innovative ideas you put in your mods!

I am giving this one a try too!

Btw. I nearly don't dare to say it, but your orthographics are really messy.
Sorry if it sounds harsh but to build a "Dog camp" sucks. I want a "Dog Camp"!!!

Maybe it's because in german we write all nouns in large letters, but following the rest of the Civ/Rom buildings etc. also of those combined of two words, both are always spelled large.
Again, no disrespect but it sucks to click on something which looks kinda dyslexic... ;)

So finally a very gentle sounding request: if you update you mods, could you change the names consisting of two words so they are all spelled large?

Thx for all and keep up the good work, I like the innovative ideas you put in your mods!

Didn't realize that "always capitals at the begining of a word" rule thing , and no problems fixing it from now , but don't think is big deal , not bad enough to sucks or looks dislexic just because using a capital letter or not
I'll try to keep it in mind , but not going to redo what is done just for this

Just a couple of tips, that I hope you'll find usefull.

Instead of dog camp, or dog breeding house, maybe call it Dog Kennel, or just Kennel

I looked at your castle mod, and the civilopedia pictures looks strange. I think too much zoom.

also the Watching Tower, I think it should just be Watch Tower,

and lastly the Siege Tower. Not sure but a siege tower isnt that for performing sieges not protecting against sieges?

Hope you could use my two cents ;)

and lastly the Siege Tower. Not sure but a siege tower isnt that for performing sieges not protecting against sieges?

Yeah, you are correct. Siege towers are for sieging purposes. So it would be better to have walls or high walls accept the same bonuses and maladies as siege towers do now.

Then see how to make it an unit but still be balanced because we already have trebuchets now.

Instead of dog camp, or dog breeding house, maybe call it Dog Kennel, or just Kennel
also the Watching Tower, I think it should just be Watch Tower,
Hope you could use my two cents ;)

OK guys , dog breeding house as been renamed to kennel , watching tower to wach tower ... and lots of capitals have been added , so no one feels dislexic problems while playing and no one feels ofended , wich is forbidden in this forum as we are all friends
Anyway , you wouldn't see the changes until further releases , as i'm not going to reupload in the servers for such , i think , little thing
About siege towers building , i agree , is not the best name , but you have to give me some optional to switch to . Noticing that the building is a deffensive tower erected inside castles to place siege weapons on a high position

Before you update, please consider modding a different way so that the options ca be used individually. For example, I wanted Tank Factory but it required your traits. I do not want your trait mod. Also, the files in Custom Buildings and Custom Units should be in individual mods as well for easier selection process by us.

Thank you!

AAranda, I think you don't have to upload your font since RoM font already had your corporation icons.

Before you update, please consider modding a different way so that the options ca be used individually. For example, I wanted Tank Factory but it required your traits. I do not want your trait mod. Also, the files in Custom Buildings and Custom Units should be in individual mods as well for easier selection process by us.

Thank you!

Each module was made to work alone , without the need of any other ,and that was my intention
But you're right , tank factory needs my traits . That's because all my mods were part of a bigger one i'm using since 2.0 version , now made parts to be as modular as possible and easy to use as possible , but that was a HUGE task ( i have around 1 GB of data to be used and converted ) and , i'm affraid , i miss a few things
I haven't notice this tank factory miss before , and thanks you to show me. It will be fixed and upload by today, unfourtunatly , you'll have to download and install the mod again . Give it 24 hours to be sure and you can download it again
Also , i've noticed that wondermovies are beeing showed twice .
It was a iteration fixed long ago with dancing hoskuld's great help , but seems i've missed the fix in the adaptation to 2.7. Will be fixed too

Each module was made to work alone , without the need of any other ,and that was my intention
But you're right , tank factory needs my traits . That's because all my mods were part of a bigger one i'm using since 2.0 version , now made parts to be as modular as possible and easy to use as possible , but that was a HUGE task ( i have around 1 GB of data to be used and converted ) and , i'm affraid , i miss a few things
I haven't notice this tank factory miss before , and thanks you to show me. It will be fixed and upload by today, unfourtunatly , you'll have to download and install the mod again . Give it 24 hours to be sure and you can download it again
Also , i've noticed that wondermovies are beeing showed twice .
It was a iteration fixed long ago with dancing hoskuld's great help , but seems i've missed the fix in the adaptation to 2.7. Will be fixed too

Wondered why there was twice movies too. Thanks for your reply :). Looking forward to Watch Tower, Tank Factory, and few others! :goodjob:

AAranda, I think you don't have to upload your font since RoM font already had your corporation icons.

Must be like you said , but is not .
I cant explain why , because everything goes fine with my religions fonts edited to 2.7 by Zappara , but even when my corporations logos show fine in the city's icons , it doesn't with buildings or units : burgerworld headquarters gives bonus to ultimate soldiers corporation , mobby meats executive spreads wonka spices ... a complete and misterious mess ... and of course i've edited the tag index ¡¡¡
The only way i found to make it work has been my own fonts , wich are not needed by my religions mod
As i said before , i'm not good enough to tell you why

Wondered why there was twice movies too.
So do i:p(BTW. do someone know the reason why civfanatics not allowed us to post a reply that's less than 10 characters??:p)

Must be like you said , but is not .
I cant explain why , because everything goes fine with my religions fonts edited to 2.7 by Zappara , but even when my corporations logos show fine in the city's icons , it doesn't with buildings or units : burgerworld headquarters gives bonus to ultimate soldiers corporation , mobby meats executive spreads wonka spices ... a complete and misterious mess ... and of course i've edited the tag index ¡¡¡
The only way i found to make it work has been my own fonts , wich are not needed by my religions mod
As i said before , i'm not good enough to tell you why

Now, I understand what you say.
Corporation effects are shown up with a mess even in pedia.
Maybe RoM font can be blamed for this problem. :cry:

I might have a clue. When I uploaded the gamefont.tga here(which I think is the one zappara is using now) I only did it for the standard (citybars) not the gamefont75.tga (which shows bonuses in civilopedia). I'll try to give zappara's 75 the same treatment as the other one. Uploading shortly

There you go ;) Let me know if it works, then I put it in the 2.7 bug/discussion thread. I cant check it myself as I havent got your corporations.

A good tip when editing gamefonts in the future : make a selection inside the pink box you want to edit. That way that will be your working area, and any pixels accidentially goes outside that box wont be drawn (which causes the hole gamefont to mix up)

Hello Aaranda!

I've just used your Units mod in my new game and decided to place your sea creatures units all over my map (cuz I'm freek enough:crazyeye:) but I can't help notice that these sea creatures don't move. The tiles I've placed them in seem to be still occupied by them a couple of turns later. Are these meant to stay in one place or is this just a bug?

Hello Aaranda!

I've just used your Units mod in my new game and decided to place your sea creatures units all over my map (cuz I'm freek enough:crazyeye:) but I can't help notice that these sea creatures don't move. The tiles I've placed them in seem to be still occupied by them a couple of turns later. Are these meant to stay in one place or is this just a bug?

Good freeky guy ¡¡¡ At least , i'm not alone
Those units are quite particular : i haven't made them spawn like others barbarians animals because , as you spend many turns to seafaring and they are strongers than you until middle ages , by the time you can fight them , the seas would be covered with sea animals
About moves , yes they move , but very strangely : they can stay lots of turns in the same tile and them move just to stay another lots of turns still , probably because the AI has not implemented them as barbarians units , but if i do will happen as i said before .
That's why i said is just for freeks , the units works and would make quite hard travels seas for you and your opponents , but doesn't work like wolves

Good freeky guy ¡¡¡ At least , i'm not alone
Those units are quite particular : i haven't made them spawn like others barbarians animals because , as you spend many turns to seafaring and they are strongers than you until middle ages , by the time you can fight them , the seas would be covered with sea animals
About moves , yes they move , but very strangely : they can stay lots of turns in the same tile and them move just to stay another lots of turns still , probably because the AI has not implemented them as barbarians units , but if i do will happen as i said before .
That's why i said is just for freeks , the units works and would make quite hard travels seas for you and your opponents , but doesn't work like wolves

Okaye, understood. But I think they should move 1 tile per turn (like pirate ships), this way they can attack helpless vessels passing by. 1 more little suggestion is you could make a giant jellyfish with characteristic of submarine, it will be invisible until it strikes!;)

Top Bottom