kochman

Deity
V1.1: fixed buttons
V1.2: fixed buttons
V1.3: fixed buttons
V1.4: Iancu de Hunedoara added
BtS 3.19

Starting Techs: Hunting/Mysticism
LH - Mihai the Brave (AGG/CHR), Vlad III Dracula (AGG/PRO), Cuza (FIN/ORG), Iancu de Hunedoara (ORG/IMP)
UB - Cetate (castle; +2:culture:; -10% war weariness; +1 trade route; +2XP land units; obsoletes with Steel)
UU - Ordinul Dragonului (knight; starts with tactics; starts with drill 1 & 2)

Download here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13339

Credits: MANY... the following (and I probably will forget someone, I apologize in advance) either helped me learn coding, etc or were victims of flagrant art theft by me...
Teg_Navanis; Phungus420; The_J; Chamaedrys; Aranor; Ekmek; Flying Pig; The Capo; woodelf; CRoland; Wyz_sub10; strategyonly; zerver; IgorS; esnaz; Amra; cfkane; avain; cool3a2; Flintlock1415; TheLastOne36; RulerOfDaPeople; Iloveplayciv; Bakuel; Freya; nutnut, nitram15...

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1) Download and unzip mod
2) Create the following directory and place mod in this directory:
Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Extra Civs*/Assets/Modules
3) Copy and paste a .ini file from any other mod, and place it in:
Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Extra Civs*/
4) Rename .ini file Extra Civs.ini*
5) Open the .ini file and replace the XML code with the following code:

Code:
[CONFIG]

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

; Skip Main menu
SkipMainMenu = 0

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 1

; No Custom Scenario option in main menu
NoCustomScenario = 0

; No team play allowed
NoTeams = 0

; Read Game options from XML, not .ini
ForceGameOptions = 0

; Always start in the standard era
ForceStandardEra = 0

; Scenario file (Single player)
ForceScenario = 0

; This mod is only for single player games
SinglePlayerOnly = 0

; Allow public maps to be used with this mod
AllowPublicMaps = 1

; Mod Image file
ImageFile = 0

; Name of Mod
Name = Extra Civs

; Description of Mod
Description = Generic Mod
6) Start Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword, at main menu select Advanced>Load a Mod
7) Extra Civs* should be an option, select this mod, then select "Go" and the mod should load

* You can actually name this mod whatever you want, but whatever it is, make sure the .ini file has the same name.

Note: You can put more than one mod into the folder, and you only need to do steps 1 & 2 for each additional mod after the first one.

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,107
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,050
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 972
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,809
  • Slide5.JPG
    Slide5.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,261
  • Slide6.JPG
    Slide6.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,909
I'm trying to use blender to make myself a St. Stephan of Romania, whom I think is a better leader choice than cuza.

I'm making myself a personal mod, but I don't think i'll be playing it for awhile. I'll test it to make sure it's working though. :)

I'm trying to use blender to make myself a St. Stephan of Romania, whom I think is a better leader choice than cuza.

I'm making myself a personal mod, but I don't think i'll be playing it for awhile. I'll test it to make sure it's working though. :)

I would certainly add a Stephen cel Mare (of Moldavia really), as well as a Mircea the Old, if and when the leaderheads come out.

I thought having 3 leaders, 1 from Transylvania (vlad*), Wallachia (Michael) and Moldova (Stephan) would be ideal actually.

*Ok, he was Wallachian prince, but he was Tansylvanian by nationality.

I thought having 3 leaders, 1 from Transylvania (vlad*), Wallachia (Michael) and Moldova (Stephan) would be ideal actually.

*Ok, he was Wallachian prince, but he was Tansylvanian by nationality.
Actually, Vlad was the leader of Wallachia (oh, I just saw your * comment as I wrote this). During that time, Iancu Hunedoara was in charge of Transylvania, the later his son Matthais Corvinus was. Transylvania was dominated by the Hungarians during this period.
Stephan actually attacked Wallachia at one point, in an alliance with the Ottomans, during Vlad III's reign. Vlad attacked Transylvanian cities on more than one occasion (Brasov being one). Mihai/Michael was the first to unite the 3 provinces in 1600 against the Turks, for only 6 months, though he was initially the leader of Wallachia.

Transylvania was a vassal of Hungary during this time.

I know Stephan's history, he (and his enemies) seeked political asylum in Poland on more than one occasion. ;) and during his reign, Moldovia was some sort of vassal of Poland, So I learned a bit about him in School.

Transylvania was a vassal of Hungary during this time.

I know Stephan's history, he (and his enemies) seeked political asylum in Poland on more than one occasion. ;) and during his reign, Moldovia was some sort of vassal of Poland, So I learned a bit about him in School.
Yeah, Poland was a useful ally for Moldova! It was quite a balance of power, but he did what was right for Moldova at the time (though I will always think poor of siding with the Turks).

Sorry if this post is abit nooblike, but I installed the mod in "beyond the sword\mods\" and I can't get it to run. I manage to load the mod but Romania isn't selectable.
I have read, understood and tried the solutions proposed in http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=178919 but none work for me.
I have set also ModularLoading = 1.

Now, I just installed Civ4BTS after a very long break and this is the first mod that I am trying out, maybe i forgot something pretty basic. Yet I tried many things and I ran out of ideas.. any help? or is the mod broken? :/

Thanks.

Sorry if this post is abit nooblike, but I installed the mod in "beyond the sword\mods\" and I can't get it to run. I manage to load the mod but Romania isn't selectable.
I have read, understood and tried the solutions proposed in http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=178919 but none work for me.
I have set also ModularLoading = 1.

Now, I just installed Civ4BTS after a very long break and this is the first mod that I am trying out, maybe i forgot something pretty basic. Yet I tried many things and I ran out of ideas.. any help? or is the mod broken? :/

Thanks.

No problem... ok, I think what you need to do is make 2 more folders... I have all my civs in a folder, called "kochman special" for example... that is the folder that needs to go in the beyond the sword\mods directory...
now, within that folder (call yours whatever you want, we'll call it "kornuletz special" for now), you have to have one more folder "modules"...

So, in the end, the total path will be:
bts\mods\kornuletz special\modules\romanian
So, the mod you choose on the menu will actually be the kornuletz special, and that needs to have the INI file with the modular loading set to "1" in it.
Let me know if you still have issues.

I used the file structure "Beyond the Sword\Mods\kochman special\modules\Romania" but the civilization fails to appear.

As comparison, I tried http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=167329 that works fine for me.

Edit: I used "Beyond the Sword\Mods\kochman special\Assets\Modules\Romania" and it worked!
So apparently it is essential that the directory structure is "mods\...\assets\modules\romania"!

Thanks for the mod.

I used the file structure "Beyond the Sword\Mods\kochman special\modules\Romania" but the civilization fails to appear.

As comparison, I tried http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=167329 that works fine for me.

Edit: I used "Beyond the Sword\Mods\kochman special\Assets\Modules\Romania" and it worked!
So apparently it is essential that the directory structure is "mods\...\assets\modules\romania"!

Thanks for the mod.
Sorry, forgot that "assets" folder

I had the credits on the download page, I put them here too in the original post at your request.

Added some screen shots and descriptions of leaders and unique assets.

Top Bottom