Unit Redone! Rocket Launcher v.1.1

aaglo

Furioso!
Here it is. Smaller with better animations!

Download Now!

NOTE! Links to all my unit creations can be found in the unit creator library (see my signature), or look for that particular library in the unit graphics forum (it's a sticky thread - atleast it's supposed to be :) )

Here are some links to my static graphics, i.e. goodyhuts, cities, leaderheads, ect...

PCX's of the month: august 2006 - Araby arena (in the warhammer blood bowl building set) and september 2006 - Araby marketplace (in the five warhammer buildings set - special mention to mrtn for quality control).
Tech-icon maker of the month: june 2006 - dwarf tech 2 (in aaglo's tech library)

Fantasy city graphics
Alternative fortresses&mines
Native american goody huts
Region specific goody huts
Fantasy ruins as goodyhuts
4 x ancient age fortresses & barricades
LM terrain: great wall
Generic advisors for fantasy games
Tech box graphics for science advisor
Beastman Leaderhead
Skaven Leaderhead
aaglo's tech library :trophy2:
Warhammer Blood-bowl arenas :trophy2:
Five Warhammer fantasy buildings :trophy2:
Dwarf cities for Warhammer fantasy mod
WH40k Imperial Cities
WH40k Era Splashes

That looks great, never be afraid to make your units small, at first you may be worried that they won't looks so good, but once its in game it always looks better if it fits in better with the other units.

If you are thinking of making any other vehicles Ive got some requests for a scenario that I'm making :)

I will probably use this as a generic late WWII early cold war era rocket artillery, like missile artillery but semi-unguided. The Katyuska (SP?) will be a special exrta cheap russian version.

Should this be be more mobile, have a higher range, or both?

I'm pretty sure it's spelled Katyusha in the western world but those russian spellings are always messed up (i.e. gorbatchov, gorbachev etc.)

aaglo, hows about Patria AMV? You know, pro patria :lol:

I'm not actually that patriotic, I just admire the vehicle. Or do you want do design you own units? I have no problem with that, both Trike and this rocket launcher are awesome. Just would like to see Patria AMV in action with possibly different applications like the new mortar system, mg, gun etc.

More info:

http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/armoured/
patria_vehicles2/index.html#patria_vehicles22

AMV 8x8 product family:

Attachments

• 11photo-3-amv-8x8-product-fam.jpg
    11photo-3-amv-8x8-product-fam.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 10,118
Thanks Steph, I've been thinking for a month that it would be great to have it in civ3. Perhaps every unit I've ever thought about will be here - just missed them earlier.

And utahjazz has made a great job, I really love the unit - especially because there is the mortar application. This'll be the fast moving, medium firepower and medium price arty unit in my mod. Excellent!! :goodjob:

And Aaglo you just carry on with you fine work! :D

Be looking for a modern Katyusha...
Looks simular to the German Wegmann LARS & Brazil Avibras ASTROS II. But they didn't have tracks but were 6x6's, but still very, very nice job.....Klyde
:goodjob:
P.S. Do you think you could do a conversion to it for an SAM launcher such as a French & Swiss ADATS?

Originally posted by Klyde182
Be looking for a modern Katyusha...
P.S. Do you think you could do a conversion to it for an SAM launcher such as a French & Swiss ADATS?

Hmmm... what are they? Something like Crotale?

yA THAT S IT!
The older french SAM launcher Had 4 large Missile Pods. I wish I had a Janes' to scan you what it would look like. I quess I was mistaken on the model name.

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r
I'd say this thread should be renamed into something like "Aaglo's Unit Encyclopedia"... :)

I second the motion..:thumbsup:

I third the motion!

But, I would have a request for aaglo...:D

One unit we all miss I'm sure, is light artillery unit. I've searched every site and there isn't one. The special use for it would be paradrop, so including a drop animation would be great...:)
I mean that big original artillery unit is just too big for airdrop, so perhaps lighter 50mm gun would be just the one for the job.

German 50mm antitank gun
The carriage is provided with an armor-plated shield and has a tubular split trail. This gun is towed on its own wheels and has a detachable third wheel, which attaches to the lunette when the gun crew moves the gun by hand.

Nature of weapon: high velocity antitank cannon
Weight: 2,016 pounds.
Length of barrel: 62 calibers
Traverse: 60°.Elevation: -13b to +22.5°
Initial muzzle velocity: 2,953 to 3,280 feet per second (900 to 1,000 meters per second)
Rate of fire: 16 rounds per minute
Weight of armor-piercing shell: 4 pounds 9 ounces
Weight of high explosive shell: 3 pounds 15 ounces

aaglo, thank you for those wonderful units.

Particularly, I like your aircrafts, simple, but beautiful and look very well in the game. Why do you stop doing planes and armored vehicles?

I stopped doing planes/armoured vehicles, because nobody asked me to do them. And there are a few people who have specialized in those areas. Besides, I have so many other things to do :)

aaglo:"I stopped doing planes/armoured vehicles, because nobody asked me to do them. "

so... can I ask you to create planes/other units? :confused:

Top Bottom