New Civ III Downloads for October 2013 (includes backlog)

Takhisis

¡Patria y vida!

New Civ III Downloads for October 2013 (includes backlog)

Ares keeps updating his Terrain pack! Follow his thread here.

Blue Monkey made a wonderful Christmas Tree set for winter scenarios, makes me feel cold jsut by looking at it! Very immersive and detailed, merges with other snow terrains as shown in the previews. These Tannenbaum Forests can be downloaded here.

Gojira54 made

Goldfool's contribution was a chillingly beautiful penguin resource.

Grandraem
Vintage D&D troll and a Gargantuan version of it.
a Fearsome Orcish War Machine

gwendoline made a MBB Bo 105 combat helicopter (with sounds by Ares de Borg).

Hikaro Takayama's Final Fantasy VII-inspired units:
Chocobo Rider
AVALANCHE Freedom Fighter
Chocobo Knight (redone from January 2006 in Uploads11)

LeftMiddleRight, officially known as LizardmenRule!, has uploaded:

Ogedei_the_Mad has released
  • a Buildings pack called Tempest of the Dragon which contains the Gassho Zukuri House, Gassho Zukuri Village, Library, Shinden, Mine Complex, Teien and Todaiji Daibutsuden, as well as tech and resource icons, and can be downloaded here.
  • and a four-era city set.

Pounder made a Tundra with fog and clouds included, outstanding work as usual.

RickFGS created an impressive pair of terrains:

I can't in any way neglect Rambuchan's Hegemon, (which went on to win the Best Scenario Award for 2012) for Civ III Conquests 1.22 or Complete, a masterpiece on its own and possibly his best scenario so far.
As he says in the introduction:

Rambuchan of London here displays his inquiry,
so that human achievements, and indeed follies, may not be forgotten in time,
and great and marvellous deeds - those displayed by the Greeks and mainly the Greeks - may not be without their glory;
and especially to show why we fought each other.

I have spent much time travelling the known world and, with my inquiry here displayed,
am able to offer some guidance and information to assist you as leader of your people.
You may accept or discount this as you wish, of course,
but never forget that the gods are jealous of he who grows too prosperous.

Read on there, as there have been a few updates and changes -iuncluding an amazing soundtrack mixing music from the area from both the ancient and modern eras, with several ways of winning and even more ways of having fun.
Takhisis has played this scenario himself and gives it an A Or, should we say, an a?.

Supa was quite productive in 2012:
  • Terror Birds, downloadable here.
  • A Gigan Pack, including a Showa Gigan, Millenium, Upgraded Millenium and Mummified Gigan.
  • A Cthulhu Priest unit and its corresponding leaderhead,
  • A truly, disgusting, gruesome Horrid Spider
  • A man-eating tree called 'ya-te-veo'
  • A Selenite Moon Shield unit, inspired by H.G. Wells' The First Men in the Moon (1901).
  • The Zigra monster from the 1971 film Gamera vs. Zigra

Vuldacon has released (unleashed?) his Escape from Zombie Island scenario.
*Some individual items have been uploaded separately:
He has also updated his variety resources pack, downloadable here, yet again.

Wotan49's contribution -in collaboration with Wyrmshadow- is a Multi-carrier battle group, sort of an m-unit so I like it even more.
------------------------------------------​
Alduskkel has just made a new version of the Everlasting Rome scenario called Everlasting Rome 2. Check it out!

Anthony Boscia, together with Wyrmshadow and Ares de Borg, has paid attention to the German military:as well as to the Soviet Navy: Burevestnik ASW Patrol Ship

Balthasar made two stunning brand-new interfaces: one for the Vietnam War and one for the Second World War.

Gojira54 has continued with his mapwork, doing a -detailed- map of Hawaii (362x362, compared to his previous 180x180 version) and another one of Pangæa Ultima.

Grandraem made some population heads for his Mystara project, including elves and other humanoids.

Kyriakos has made another two city sets in his Hegemonic series: a Byzantine and an Aztec city set. Holy Sophies, Batman!

RickFGS made a huge Battleground map that is currently on its 1.2 Beta version. Help him test it!

Ogedei_the_Mad has made a Kyoto city graphics set that is meticulously detailed.

Supa made a beautiful female centaur unit which won the February 2013 Monthly Award, as well as a Gabara daikaiju.

tom2050 completed another batch of units including the Arachne monster, the Pinky Demon and three Basilisks (regular, Greater and King).

Wolfshade adapted the head of Khmer ruler Suryavarman II from its civ4 Realismus Invictus mod version into aciv3 leaderhead version, downloadable here!

Nice presentation on the collage of cool Civ III creations. I almost want to find those discs and re-install it. : )

Nice presentation on the collage of cool Civ III creations. I almost want to find those discs and re-install it. : )
Thanks for the compliment, and go get those disks!
Why we don't have like this for Civ5?
You can volunteer to run it, and you should get a helper or two.

Top Bottom