Hippie

georgestow

Proud to be Awesome
My third unit, and one I've been requesting for a while now, the Hippie. It's still flawed, but is (IMHO) my best unit to date. I only started this unit yesterday, so it's also been my fastest unit to make.

Attachments

• Hippie.zip
    340.8 KB · Views: 167
That´s an interesting way to play guitar.:D

Is there a way to replace props in poser? Because I can make another unit, using exactly the same animations, but with a different guitar, and different clothes.

Excellent unit George! I think your units definitely show marked improvement with each new unit. I'm amazed you can do them so quickly.

Can I ask how you plan to use this in your mod? By any chance do you plan to make a more modern protester type unit? You know typical anti-globalisation type protestor?

Cheers

Nick

Can I ask how you plan to use this in your mod? By any chance do you plan to make a more modern protester type unit? You know typical anti-globalisation type protestor?

I'm giving it Hidden Nationality and Zone of Control, 3 attack, 3 defense, which is quite low for the modern era in my game, yet is cheap. The idea is mass building these and sending them into other peoples lands without them knowing.
I have already been asked to make an eco-terrorist unit, however, I said I wanted to make my other needed units first.

Once again, does anyone know how to replace props and stuff in poser, so that the animations don't have to change, just the figure?

He looks good! Very fun unit.:)

Nice!

Once again, does anyone know how to replace props and stuff in poser, so that the animations don't have to change, just the figure?

Just add the new guitar to the first frame, position it in the same place as the old one, parent the new guitar to the old one and make the old one invisible.

Or, you could save the animation, but I think the first idea makes more sense if you are just changing one prop.

Very nice! I'll be using this in Industrial Espionage as a 1/1/1 unit available to the Public, which is spawned via an improvement every turn, maybe making them wheeled. The idea is that they'll congest the streets.

It should be noted that this version is a late sixties hippie, wearing flared corduroys and a red T-shirt. In the seventies (and into the eighties) the red shirt became sky blue long sleeved and the pants became flared blue jeans - that look is still seen today. In the late seventies - early eighties a formal jacket was added and the colors changed to white or black to create the basic club (disco) outfit. The hair doesn't change throughout.

Companion pieces to this might include the Hippie Chick, the Hippie Van (VW Bus), and perhaps the Eco-protester (described in >this< thread). In the mid-eighties, the Hippie Van becomes the Libyan Terrorist Van (Anti-tank weapon shooter in skyroof, machine guns in windows) from Back to the Future.

Obviously I've had a lot of fun just thinking about this unit. Well done!

Top Bottom