GalaxyNES- No Horizons

President Frit'ide exited the shuttle, he looked around the alien world. His Sectratary of Security and chief of staff follow him of the shuttle. He shook hands with the Governor, a Framer no less, (the first to be democratically elected as well) and other officers of State and Government. Half of the Cabinet was in attendance of the first high expendition to Garv'n. The President smiled as he saw the briliant spaceport around him, it was the 4th largest port in the Union, and still growing. Recent expansion for an disclosed program had begun.

The brusqueness and directness is only due to the callousness of unemotional translation systems.

To: The Ullau Peoples

It is self evident, by the fusion explosions from nearby star systems detected by our probes situated in the astral calm (Lagrange point), of your planet, that the nearby systems are consumed by conflict. As sole systems, as sole species, conquest by ruthless, malevolent entities is the only alternative to uniting and opposing these selfish, species-ist empires.

We are asking the Ulla if they are willing and ready to abandon species-centric selfishness. We are asking if the Ulla are prepared to join the Collectivity, and help us protect the stars.

Change Log, Species 9
Sage Zod of the Second Circle Recording

Three individuals of "Species 9" were acquired as part of a trade deal with Herdmaster Ulm. They met my usual qualifications for innate intelligence, curiosity, and perception. These are essential in my chosen profession, and it is absolutely essential that my abilities not be compromised at this time. Ulm's references were decent, and he was one of the few Herdmasters with any stock in the new species.

• Side-note: Perhaps it was ill-considered of me to introduce new variables into my distributed intellect at this time, but in my nine centuries I have never missed the opportunity to sample a new sentient species as it came on the market.

• Side-note: Ulm is a little too fresh for his own good: the price was fair when you considered the limited population he has in stock, but during our correspondence I was not given the proper reverence due to me as his elder, and not nearly enough as a critical part of the war effort. I must remember to sabotage his endeavors in the future, once my higher priorities are dealt with.

Physically, they are unintimidating. They have a natural defence mechanism, but it is as out-dated as manual labor. Small, spherical, and furry, I would consider them food if I was not able to distribute myself onto their neurons.

• Side-note: My previous experience with eating members of my own coterie was traumatizing, after experiments with new inertial dampeners stranded me between star systems for a century. Not to mention the financial expense of rebuilding said coterie.

Since dominating them, there has been a 23% increase in approval for inter-coterie breeding, along with more such offers sent out from myself. Reproductive impulse, perhaps? I've noted no desire to find a mate for myself, so perhaps a "match-making" role is a cultural norm. There's been other statistical differences in my relations with fellow Zaff. I'm more likely to adopt a friendly posture in communication, and have been entertaining apprenticeship offers for almost 70% longer before rejecting them. Obviously, Species 9 is incredibly social.

• Side-note: Personality changes are notoriously difficult to detect in oneself. It's a credit to my fine selection of coterie that I developed such a comprehensive system of measurements over the centuries.

9's minds taste like metal. And coconut. Enough said about this, you feeble sentients can't appreciate the taste of another being's personality without being concerned about cultural concepts like "morals" and "individuality". We long ago transcended such petty concerns.

Diet-wise, I am tending to favor meat more, as is expected for a carnivore. In smaller portions, distributed evenly during my wake cycle, with a reduced preference for quality. Disturbing. There's been other mental affects, but I'm still compiling data and none of them have been as significant. There is a definite trend towards increased cooperation, which suits observations made by our advance forces.

• Our information about 9's homeworlds are scant, as the Ten have been unwilling to risk significant forces. I myself would show more interest in their native political situation if I wasn't concerned with singlehandedly saving the galaxy from the forces of evil.

I am ever more concerned about the size of the Locust forces. The dread is not entirely rational. However, the data assembled during the spoiling attack has proven to be the key in developing a countermeasure. More in the other log.

The Skriv continue onwards, their lives as nasty, brutish and short as ever.

Muahaha... ahahha.. HAHAHA!!

A story will come this time, I promise. Didn't think I'd have such writer's block playing such an uncivilized, simple species. Guess I never stop looking for complexity here and there.

To: The Ullau Peoples

It is self evident, by the fusion explosions from nearby star systems detected by our probes situated in the astral calm (Lagrange point), of your planet, that the nearby systems are consumed by conflict. As sole systems, as sole species, conquest by ruthless, malevolent entities is the only alternative to uniting and opposing these selfish, species-ist empires.

We are asking the Ulla if they are willing and ready to abandon species-centric selfishness. We are asking if the Ulla are prepared to join the Collectivity, and help us protect the stars.

-> Brethren sentient being, viewer, finds this document among the archives of Ulla: subset recent events: subset [translation error]: subset reflections thereof. It is a collective expression of sixteen esteemed individuals, those being [translation error]. It is recommended as near-expression of the collective-mind of 1,737 Ulla cities in home system and beyond, this representing a majority.

The great ships inspire us. Most serene and reminiscent of natural-space-object. Not swift vessels for transport and exploration, but vessels of occupation? Who preferes void-life to the sensory caress of organic envelopment-sphere? Strangeness engenders excitement, curiosity.

Strangeness engenders doubt, fear. Survival instinct. It is rational in the context of not knowing the other, or what other others may exist. We shall build our redoubts, yet not make such efforts that will hinder understanding.

We wish to express share-ness [translation error]. Much space exists to share.

We have no objection to finding unity of purpose. Yet we do not know how unity of thought may be found, for we are different. We are willing to learn.

You inspire us. In our presence, we reflect this and great respect.

A great hope: in our interactions, we will see intricate reflections, such that we may learn to fully appreciate ourselves for good of all. It is why we have found each other.

Proposal for the permanent exchange of liaisons, and the establishment of an Ulla observer on the Initial Protocol Council of the Collectivity. Increased representation more likely as time passes.

Second, the permanent establishment of small groups of the 3 Nept races in the largest Ulla cities, for interaction with your citizens, and attempts to further common communication.

Third, the permanent establishment of an Ulla habitat on one of our city ships, to further interactions between our groups.

OOC:Sorry for not posting recently
Basic Orders:Amur continue to develope home system building a massive orbital shipyard to produce new ships and send another vessel to the science lab to protect it incase the natives are hostile.
OOC:I might post another story

OOC: So apparently I'm allowed around here again it seems... I'll send in a player application in a couple of weeks if things turn out all right and you want it, coz I remember liking your games around here. ^^ It's okay if not tho.

“Lisseth Minae. The League has received your quest for additional funding for your… astronomical projects.”

I nodded and continued, waiting for a response from the Council. It had been years, years of work to simply get the paperwork done. It had been a colossal undertaking and I had already run afoul of numerous extended family members as I tried to get all the money I could. Many of my children refuse to even recognize me in public. I was seen as the fool, the fool of the family whose adventures were simply a financial black hole.

Now, it was simply the culmination of everything. I waited for the committee to continue.

“Lisseth Minae. We have decided to decline your application. The Democratic Autarchy does not have the funds for your mere astronomical work. There were numerous financial applications and models which need to be further developed, and funded. Maintaining the financial integrity of the Autarchy is more important than that of the need to explore barren wastelands in the stars.”

It hit me much like a stone wall. And I felt nothing. It had been too long. The wait had sapped my will to live. I simply nodded off as the chairman discussed the appeal process. It would have been an appeal process that would take years, years that I did not have. Climbing the bureaucracy of the Autarchy itself had sapped much of my life years. Filing out of the chamber, I could simply look down at the ground as my daughter walked beside me.

Lissara Minae Labora was my beloved daughter. The last of my brood that had stayed by my side, yet she was my guiding spirit.

“Father, do not concern yourself with it. I have found other backers for our research project. They have long arranged a meeting.”

I said nothing. It gave me much joy to see that my youngest had outgrown her sire. And not even ten years of age! I simply nodded and gave her a look of grand approval.

“Father, the Chancellor of the Illegal State of Hubridia will see us.”

------------

The self-declared Illegal State of Hubridia was a member of the Democratic Autarchy, a nominal member of the Autarchy. It was a state of outcasts. A state long composed of individuals who had long worked against the established order; the established order being that of the financial interdependency under the Autarchy. The Autarchy was ruled by the Davos Lords, Akarians who saw the world as it was. A world divided onto by itself, and a world closed against others.

They reigned by allowing the people to live and profit. Profit by slow increases in numbers in some obscure bank account, and the accumulation of mass that was refined into what were called material goods.

The Illegal State of Hubridia stood against all of that. It stood not for the material profit of Akarians, but for the intellectual fragility of what was left of a state and race who once grasped at thoughts and seized it.
Once more, the illegal state of Hubridia would lead the Democratic Autarchy in one great leap. One leap towards the stars.

It is that time of the cycle again. Time for all of the nurm to leave their tidal pools and spend a few days on land! Five days of worry-free parties and free food for all in attendance! All work and no play makes any given nurm an unhappy nurm. Unless you love your work. And one of the requisites for working at Hess'peh is that you love your work.
In the labyrinthine Hess'peh complex, every kind of scientist nurm was scurrying about, preparing more I'n drives for installation in a variety of ships. All in all, a cadre numbering seven, including the first of all I'n powered vessels. Once the cadre was completed, real work could begin. Real work that would bring peace-of-mind to all of nurmkind.

Ano'nm'is was in an older star system, one completely devoid of any meaningful life. He initiated the I'n drive and drifted quite slowly toward a bright blue gas giant. No nurm had ever been near this planet, and no nurm would ever live there. This planet's purpose was greater than life-support. He aimed Hess'peh I toward the planet, and initiated the I'n fully. Instead of bursting into flames and igniting the planet's volatile atmosphere, The vessel stopped outside of the planet's weak magnetic field. Ano'nm'is initiated the intertia drive of the I'n, and sat back to enjoy the show. Soon the planet was moving against the orbit that it had followed for countless ages. In minutes it was above the regular axis of the star system by a full planet's length. In one earth hour, the planet was irredeemably lost from the old system. Ano'nm'is calculated the trajectory, and disabled the I'n drive. Inertia would handle the rest. The gas giant would make a most suitable meal.

OOC: Kind of late to post this but I decided I should to give you the idea of how the Amur changed so I am posting two images of them the top one is now and the bottom one is from before

I never uploaded these to ea's sporepedia thing so I am guessing they aren't available for download.

172 TR
Nuxue A had increased to a population of rougly 5,000, since it's foundation 4 (Tapani) years ago. Because of this explosive population increase. Nuxue A also is able to supply itself and even ship some its resources back to the home planet, (it has many resources Tapani has long run out of). Generating money for the Republic, and also making the colony a good place for immigrants to travel to. Many high ranking officials have pushed for small colonization efforts on Nuxue B, due to the need to find new resources and for scientific research to study the abundant sea life on this mainly ocean moon. Colonization is expected to start next year.

Update 4

President Frit’ide of the United Republics of Hedge has made his first visit to the colony world of Garv’n, receiving an enthusiastic welcome from the Verthomme colonists, and a polite- indeed, almost friendly reception by a delegation of Cherwals. The colony has grown significantly into a major trading station. A few enterprising natives are beginning to find significant success in producing exotic goods for the Verthomme population. On the other hand, many of them are still finding themselves marginalized by the technologically-superior newcomers. Despite this, relations between the two species are beginning to warm slightly, as they begin to discover that their radically different biologies allow them to coexist with only minimal resource squabbles.

Meanwhile, a follow-up to the cryptic response from the Choon has arrived. Responding on the same channels in which the initial Verthomme message was transmitted, the massive, kilometre-long being has identified itself as Cho|Viz|Nan, the Dreamer. It is rapidly approaching Garv’n, and has requested one individual to be presented to it, so that The Dreamer may speak.

Times are difficult for the Fudirunins. Zaff forces, led by one Herdmaster Ulm, have been using a hand-me-down fleet of ships unsuited for the fight against Zan Shamai to launch repeated raids against various peripheral research bases established by Nidkubra. Ulm has also scouted two planets occupied by these small, fuzzy aliens. The extreme sociality of the species has been further confirmed by the discovery that, as they accumulate in larger and larger groups, they become more and more aggressive and difficult for the Zaff to psychically dominate. However, the growing captive herds have thus far remained comfortably under control, having lived generations knowing nothing but their mastery by the Zaff.

Other herdmasters have continued scouring nearby space for new subject species to deliver them an edge against the immediate threat of the Zan. One such entrepreneur managed to find an exploratory Ullau vessel, seizing it and bringing the passengers back to Braniga, where they were individually dominated and sold for great prices to the higher-ranked Zaff.

With a persistence wavering on the edge of monomania, the Zan Shamai has continued his forward assault against the Zaff Dominion. Huge battles have raged in the space between Glare and Wairt, leaving the area littered with sensor systems, gravity mines, and the ruins of several fleets. Growing frustrated, Shamai directed a large battlegroup to simply travel further up the galactic disc, bypassing the early warning systems and plowing downwards towards the Zaff homeworld. The defensive fleets were unable to return in time to prevent landings, but they were able to, in conjunction with the planetary defense systems, destroy much of the invading fleet. The battle on the surface caused heavy damage, as Shamai replicated the sort of suicidal attack done on Glare, but the Branigan were able to bring the situation under control, leaving only two landmasses devastated, and only one of those heavily irradiated. The debris left behind has proven to be useful for Zaff research and reverse-engineering, as they begin to get the very first crude insights into the elabourate machinery employed by the Zan.

The Tapani Republic continues its colonization efforts in the Nuxue System, which is beginning to pay off as its population grows ever larger. The Allentryen are growing increasingly convinced of the existence of alien life, given the bizarre series of clearly unnatural signals their probes over Nuxue A have been receiving. However, they have yet to contact any of these species, and fantastic speculation runs wild.

It would concern them greatly to know that one of these approaching forces is a scout of the Zaff Dominion. They might be more relieved to learn that their other undiscovered neighbours are the Tras’na. The Tal’Edra clan continues to reign supreme over Jen’Tsa, further establishing the colony of Mas’Chasi, which continues to thrive. On a darker note, the social strife amongst the lower-ranking clans continues to seed dissent and instability on the homeworld.

The Akari may finally be facing their moment to advance into the stars. Lisseth Minae, regarded by many of his contemporaries as a fool, has finally had his plans for the exploration of space approved, though not by the Democratic Autarchy. Rather, the Illegal State of Hubridia, regarded by many of its contemporaries as a load of cranks, has provided the resources to fund his grand dream.

Fehan remains generally stagnant and content as it is. Minor exploration continues along the limits of known space, but focus remains intently on the planets already under their possession. Its first peopled-expeditionary vessels have arrived in the vast nebula hiding the planet Catifah, triggering great Karronic concerns that their homeworld’s location might be discovered. All varieties of means to maintain the secret are being considered, and pre-emptive attacks on the explorers via asteroid proxies, or through electromagnetic pulses to avoid suspicions of intelligent origins of the destruction rank high on the list. Meanwhile, the First Karronic Expeditionary Group continues its long vigil, studying the Fehan from afar. A good understanding of their language, culture, physiology and technology is now in their possession, and the FKEG moves on to the next planet of which they have learned from the intercepted Fehan transmissions: Sathan.

On this planet, they find a Fehan colony and a much larger native population of Sadhilim, thus confirming their suspicions about the imperialistic nature of the Fehan. The Sadhilim agitate against their oppressors, as always, but do little of any consequence on a galactic scale. Karronic balloon probes are presently studying them, while struggling to maintain the secrecy of their presence.

The Amur Collective has dispatched further vessels to continue its patient observation of Nurm-Tok.

Unobserved by the Amur, Hess’peh has begun to advance its plans, incredibly managing to entirely remove a planet from its orbit, through use of the Inertial I’n drive. Their exact goals in this action remain unclear.

The Worshippers of Izoza continue their long vigil. Certain dissident groups within the Sgligatiki population are beginning to question whether Izoza actually does intend to lead them in his grand mission, suggesting that he in fact has no plan. Alternatively, others are beginning to wonder if Izoza’s plan is to have them lead the way on his mission. The actual content of the mission varies wildly, depending on who you ask.

The Association of Fplinmy continues to do nothing, moving along at the same glacial pace as always.

At the fringes of Fplinmy’s space, the Kog’Vlad continue to advance at a rapid pace, their planet now in the throes of early industrial development. Their Zan neighbours remain mercifully disinterested in their existence.

The Collectivity of Sanath continues extending its invitations to the Ullau, as the two races advance their relationship. Observers representing Ulla have been established on the nearest city-ships of the Collectivity, and populations of Kasekral, Nitha and Qii have been established in several of Naellae’s largest centers. Interactions thus far have been generally positive, although there have been numerous misunderstandings, as one might expect when encountering alien cultures first hand. The recent abduction of one of Ulla’s exploratory vessels has triggered great uncertainty in the population, and has lent increased public support to the idea of joining the Collectivity.

Ma’Autra continues to struggle. The survivors on Uex fight against the ever-strengthening Choon presence on the planet. Battles rage constantly against the brood of the late Watcher, but there is a sense that it is a failing fight. The Choon grow apparently without limit, and enjoy abundant sources of food on the planet. Every Choon who escapes or survives a battle with the Rax’Lauki will only continue to grow larger and stronger. The population of Choon on Uex is dropping, but their total biomass is growing as the individual survivors grow more and more powerful. There is a great fear amongst the Maus that some of the largest of these invaders will soon be able to reproduce, although too little is known of Choon life cycles to know when, or even if, this can happen.

On Au, Ma’Autra entrenches itself for the expected attack from One, who they believe will be furious for the destruction of her presumed servant, The Watcher.

The Skriv continue to be the Skriv, and do Skrivvy stuff, such as digging tunnels with masses of enslaved rivals and eating each other. Much fun is had by those who enslave and eat, less by those who are enslaved and/or eaten. The nearby Wera watches with interest.

Map

Uex had been a battlefield for the better part of a century at this point. Choon and Lauki battled constantly and with zeal, unlike anything seen in the histories of either. The soil was soaked with blood and remains, while the local ecosystem teetered on collapse from the gorging of the Choon spawn. Ma'Autra was displeased. Orders were being carried out.

Decades of research had collected the data needed to take the next step in evolution. Rax were powerful warriors, and true to their design perfect for combat, but they were not specialized to fight the gigantic Choon spawn. The Maus on Au had been testing new Lauki forms. They had succeeded in tests and it was time to unleash their newest creation, a specialized present for the Choon.

On Uex the Choon hovered about, calm and determined, they gathered more food and even cannibalized their own in their growth. This day was different than those past years. From the sky metal pods descended to the surface, in heavy Choon territory. Far from the battle lines of the Lauki hold outs. Into the swarm.

Careless Choon drifted about in the wind near one of the landed pods. It began to open, with a loud pop and release of gases, the doors crept outwards revealing a ramp of sorts. From within a loud roar erupted in such a fashion that it could only be compared to a demonic portal, leading to some terrible place. From the darkest interior of this pod a colossal claw reached out, grasping the side of the opened door and clenching down on the metal, bending it with ease. The creature pulled itself out into the sun revealing an odd shape for a Lauki. Large, bulky arms in the front attached to a broad and muscular chest, on top of which sat the massive head with the typical four mandible mouth. Some form of fluid dripped from the sharp teeth within as the eyes scanned the scenery. A distance in front of him flew a Choon, some forty feet beyond his pod, yet in one single leap the beast had covered the distance showing just how large and powerful this Lauki was.

A mid air tackle occurred as the new Lauki, now revealed to be atleast eighteen feet tall with thick armored spikes on its back and long powerful rear legs, grabbed the Choon and took it down to the ground.

This monster was special. It's diet was not of the fruit of the mother, no that wouldn't do, it's diet was the flesh of the Choon. A primal beast, not intelligent and very savage like, it would not fit into society but was more an homage to the natural history of the universe. A wolf made in the laboratory is still a wolf in the wild. Ma'Autra had to purge the planet, and this new creation would be the harbinger of order. The beast looked upwards at the skies full of Choon, with a mouth full of blood and flesh, seeing thousands more pods falling...

Only had they foreseen what they preach. Nature reclaims her children...always.

The Gardener

Daz|Mir|Go|Ka looks about in irritation. The metal pods are descending, their contents tearing apart his countless siblings.

Daz is a strange Choon. Having stumbled across the burnt out neural cores of the Watcher, he consumed them to gain intelligence and mental maturity while still physically juvenile.

Daz knows himself as The Gardener. He has consumed the minds of many Maus, and they now form an integral part of his mind. His father may be the Watcher, but Ma'Autra is his mother. And she is trying to kill him.

Daz rages against his circumstances. He is an adult in a child's body, a genius amongst idiots, a reject. He wishes to speak to his mother, but he cannot.

With renewed purpose borne of frustration, he returns to his work. From the burnt out, irradiated ruins surrounding his father, he has extracted some of the exotic material which once encased the massive Choon. Now, he constructs a hyperspace frame of his own.

The Gardener is Leaving. He rises into the air and looks below. One of the monsters, perhaps a quarter of his size, is wrestling with one of his siblings. It has pulled the Choon down with its massive weight, and now rips off its tentacles, writhing desperately in defense. The Gardener's interest is passive as he sees the young Choon die, though he feels a brief flaring of anger as the creature is consumed, its mind- however simple- wasted on the Lauki monster.

He is leaving this all behind.

To Nidkubra
From the Dominion of the Zaff

We are pleased to begin formal contact.
The Zaff are not your enemies. They come in peace. They are just like you.

We are concerned about conflict between non-governmental organizations along our border.
It is nothing but misunderstandings. There is no ill intent. The abducted population is very happy.

We believe both our civilizations have much to gain from cooperation and interaction.
The Zaff are a mighty race. They can be powerful allies.

We co-exist with half a dozen sentient species, in a union of perfect harmony.
The Fudirunin would enter a golden age, if they place their trust in the Zaff.

We wish to meet with the highest levels of your government.
This is not a trick.

We know you will come to see things our way.
You will kneel.

Top Bottom