Here the res deal situation and my proposition
Sry for german, the color means: red is only trader, green 2 trader

with Quat
copper and fish for wheat and spice

with Amazon
silk and fish for silver

with CDZ
fish for crab

More important is, Quat has no copper or iron, so they 've no military unit. I fear of what kind of res (coal, oil) we don't have. Additional we are the only with marble (next turn), more reason for Rigel.
The trade with Quat is most important, I think.

Attachments

• Sir -125 Res deal.jpg
    Sir -125 Res deal.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 144
For trade options I think we can trade Fish and Silk to Amazons for Fur and Silver. We may have to plantation the remaining silks so we can get the other happiness resources. We need to find out when we can get Ivory from the amazons.

I'm startled that Amazon don't have more fur since Camps they would have had a long time ago. I'm dumbfounded that Quat don't have their iron up.

What other techs are available besides Engineering? Though I do think that is a good tech to go for.

Did the Colossus get built yet? Do we want to try for it? I would rather get a settler out for the Horse city or start building East India ships.

Don't worry about the German Husch, we have those handy icons anyhow. Not to mention some of the words aren't that different like Stein, and nice to see that Gold is a German word.

We should really think in terms of the trades that will be available when everything is hooked up. It looks like all teams have been a little slack with hooking up more than one of a resource. We have less of an excuse because we knew when Astronomy would be ready :)

So we should be able to trade both fish and silk to everyone. We should also have 2 more gold, and might want to get in quick with trading it before CDZ take both trades. Which might even include trading away the 1 we've got until we hook another.

More specifically:
* We should all four of us have gold and silver. If we can get something else for our third gold as well and leave CDZ with some untraded that's even better, but with only one hooked up we'll be happy enough just to avoid CDZ doing that to us.
* Fish should get us wheat, crabs and deer.
* Silks should get us spices, sugar and fur.
* We're then left with a spare pigs. Amazon might get more sheep or ivory to trade for it?

PS I love the Deutsch screenshots, the more the better. How else would I have learned what a Straightkolbentraeger was?

I agree it's time to hook up the other gold resources (I'd forgotten we hadn't built roads to them), I think we should discuss resource trades with other teams before offering them in-game.

Since trades aren't something we need to decide this turn, I'd like to finish the turn. What do we want to build in Sirius? The East Indiaman or something else? Here is it's current status and some building options:

Spoiler :

Also, I've asked CDZ what they are now researching. Amazon is working on Feudalism, and Quatronia is teching HBR. Engineering is our current choice at 0% research. Other options include Guilds, Nationalism, or Education.

Does Nationalism lead to Liberalism?

I DO want to get Guilds for the Knights and +1 Hammer WS.

We may need to build worker or settler or stifle the growth somehow so we don't get more :mad:

Does Nationalism lead to Liberalism?

No, eduction does. Both are rather expensive techs.

I DO want to get Guilds for the Knights and +1 Hammer WS.

It also lets us build Grocers for health bonuses. My preference for Engineering is that we can build pikes, since Mavericks clearly have elephants available. And we don't have horses hooked up or any workshops built yet. Either are a good choice though.

We may need to build worker or settler or stifle the growth somehow so we don't get more :mad:

We could also build units. The warrior from AC is on his way over to Sirius now.

Education leads to Liberalism. I'd say we'd like to get it soon, but maybe not yet. It's a decent choice for the first tech we go for after the ETTT breaks up actually :)

We want to build an observatory sooner or later in Sirius, but right now we should be going all out military production for the race to the Mavericks home island. So an East Indiaman seems right to me.

Yeah Trystero you convinced me that Guilds can wait, and I rather do quick techs now as well.

I also forgot that there was an incoming Warrior so yeah lets mass produce some East Indianships.

Turn 110 - 125 BC

We completed research on Astronomy, began researching Engineering, and received Philosophy from CDZ. The research slider was set to 0%.

The work boat was completed in Rigel and work started on a forge. The worker HUSch arrived and disembarked.

Spoiler :

Sirius completed the forge and started a East Indiaman. The warrior from Alpha Centauri is moving to Sirius for MP duty.

Spoiler :

Hebe is on Sentry duty at the entrance to Bode. The second maceman on Anjennida is scouting the south, but the blocking Amazon city should prevent Merlot units from approaching from the east, so she will head back north toward the horse hill.

Spoiler :

The caravel Mariner continued toward the Mavericks home island.

Spoiler :

================================================================

The new turn is up. We finished the forge in Alpha Centauri. What should we build there next? A harbor? Barracks?

Spoiler :

Yeah looks like were going to need a Harbor in Alpha Centuari.

No, we need military surely. Macemen, East Indiamen. We won't need the health as soon as resource trades come through. If we'd all stop playing the turns so fast (although on its own this is a good thing) we'd make more of our advantage of having researched Astronomy.

In fact I think we want to take a step back and have a serious look at how much military we can churn out in the next few turns even including some serious whipping. We're likely not as far from being able to invade as you might think, despite our very limited military at the moment. The sooner we can send a scout that way and see what we're up against the better too.

Yeah - unhealth is a minor annoyance. Next turn would be a good time to whip We could whip a barracks, or an East Indianman, or a maceman.

A barracks is worthwhile or not depending on how many units we expect to build there. I don't actually think it would be worthwhile for now myself, I'd rather get the units themselves out sooner. It's not good for whipping either as it will be a 1-pop whip unless we really cut down on the hammers this turn.

Ah, I hadn't checked how many pop the whip would cost. Both Canopus and AC could be production or commerce centers depending on the tile assignments, as opposed to a city like Arcturus which is obviously a production center. Barracks make more sense in the latter.

So I will set production in AC to a maceman.

One other thing I forgot to note about Engineering: it lets us build trebuchets.

We are scouting the Mavericks island with one of the caravels.

We could change the build in Canopus to an East Indiaman, so the chop goes into that rather than a mace.

Well, we should build a second one somewhere, but it probably doesn't matter where. It likely doesn't matter either way for Canopus or AC in particular. Have we built a barracks anywhere already? Because obviously that city should be building macemen not ships.

How long will Engineering take?

The gally enterprise can be upgraded to one.

Well, we should build a second one somewhere, but it probably doesn't matter where. It likely doesn't matter either way for Canopus or AC in particular. Have we built a barracks anywhere already? Because obviously that city should be building macemen not ships.

We have a barracks in Arcturus, and that is building macemen at the moment. I put another East Indiaman in the front of the queue in Canopus, so the hammers go into that. At the moment, most of our cities can build a maceman or an East Indiaman in about 5 turns.

How long will Engineering take?

At 100% it would take 5 turns. We have just enough cash to do that this turn, but I think we should accumulate gold for a few turns and upgrade the warriors on Bode, and as AlphaShard mentioned, Enterprise. Even if we upgrade Enterprise, we should keep one ship for ferrying units between Bode/Anjennida and Sol.

Top Bottom