Turn Discussion Thread

I'm happy to play a turn too, if I can find the right instructions.

Instructions? :)

Thanks Irgy. Whoever wants to play the next turn, please post a "got it" message sometimes in the next 24 hours. We could do this by committee, of course, but by taking turnplaying responsibilities you are mostly promising to do the write up for the turn tracker thread.

1. I would change the working in Vega, to grow now
this turn mine to farm , grow and next turn the new citizen at green mine,
we get overlay 6: 1.5 =4 to without change we get overlay 10:1.5=6

2. Change working tiles bettween Can and AC silk forest and fp, first faster growing in canopus, second building better the forge in AC (3 turns).
mm
Forge in AC has now 39/120 +13
next turn 52/120 + 52 ( with new citizen at forest and chop gain)
next turn 104/120 +16 and build (with next change with Canopus gold-mine for silk forest)

the barb galles hasn't fight the wb, our caravel can take and go if there is no injuries (I think) at clam to defend against the barb.

another longtime question:
Where want we to build Moai? Is there any suggestion, my vote Canopus.

I'm not a huge fan of Moai Statues. I don't often think they are worth the hammer investment, since water tiles are usually the last tiles you want to work (unless they have a resource). But they might make sense in Canopus eventually.

Is anyone able to play the next few turns? I might have a chance to play this turn tomorrow morning (8-10 hours), if no one else can, but I'll be pretty busy the rest of the week.

Edit: I took a quick look at the save. T. Claudius (new worker) is chopping the the plains hill south of Sirius. The chop will be done next turn, and he can board Enterprise the turn after that.

The only choice we really have to make this turn is what to do about this:
Spoiler :

We need to stop the barb galley so the Mavericks WB doesn't lead it to our clams on Bode. I think we'd be best off sinking the mavericks WB and making the barb galley attack us on a coastal tile.

Sink WB and then move to the clams tile. The barb will attack the caravel next turn.

I won't be able to play turns until about 11/09

I say move to the clams and pass the turn. If the barbs sink or chase the workboat, then that's good for us. If they attack us, we get the +10% defense bonus, and we can sink the workboat safely next turn.

In general, attacking barbs first then workboat is safer, because the workboat can't attack us if the barbs leave us damaged.

I feel the benefit of them having a recon scouting WB in our waters far outwieghs releaving them of Maintenance cost of upkeeping the WB. Sink the WB.

OK - I'll have a chance to play the turn in a few hours. Kill WB and let barb attack us. In the worst case scenario, the other caravel is nearly healed, so it could finish off a wounded barb galley.

Turn 107 - 200 BC

We sank the Maverick work boat and moved the caravel to the clams tile.

Spoiler :

Hell hound is building a road to Procyon. AlphaShard moved to the same tile, and Lord Parkin moved to the hill 1E of the copper. Next turn hell hound will finish the road and AlphaShard and Lord Parkin will move to the pigs hill via the new road.

Hebe moved 1SE to reveal the other tile and to watch the land bridge to Bode.

Spoiler :

Following HUSch's suggestion we swapped the flood plain cottage and silk forest tiles between Canopus and Alpha Centauri.

Canopus:

Spoiler :

Alpha Centauri:

Spoiler :

We switched Vega from a mine to the farm tile for this turn (also HUSch's suggestion):

Spoiler :

Is it too late to whip the forge in Alpha Centauri?

It's the perfect turn to whip if we do, just before regrowth. Waiting until next turn would lose a lot of food by growing at size-6 food requirements instead of size 3 or 4. Am I missing a reason not to whip? It certainly seems like a good idea on face value, just looking at the city.

I can see Husch has a plan for it involving a chop, but I can't see the reasoning for not whipping it.

We've got about an hour to decide before the turn rolls. I can't log in from work myself.

I've been letting HUSch handle most of the micro, and he apparently planned for the growth and the chop going into the forge, so I'm inclined to believe he has a reason for not whipping. I therefore think we should not whip.

If someone strenuously objects (and soon!) I could whip, but my vote is to go with HUSch's plan.

whipping a forge (or any production-building) is bad, you lost many :hammers: in overlay ; building with factor 1.25 and reckoning the overlay with factor 1.5.
We needed with 39/120 3 citizens an additional round up of 112.5
and then 39 + 112 + 1 = 32/1.5 = 21 (working :food: tiles is best, all other will be more lost)
so we give 3 *30 +1-21 =70 netto :hammers:
in normal we need only 81/1.25 = 65

btw the cara has won against the barb
And Maverick build Apo for Hinduism
Metis must guard in Vega this turn
Our espionage brings visibility of the first town, in the next turns follow other.

There you go, I never knew they screwed up the overflow calculations that way. It's not a surprise, I did know you could whip with OR active, switch out of OR (as a spiritual civ or in a golden age) and actually get extra overflow as a result. And obviously do it in the other order to lose out on overflow. I never knew that happened with production buildings as well though, that's really quite bad programming.

Anyway, glad we didn't whip at the last minute in that case. On the whole it still would have been a fairly good value whip and might have been worth it anyway, overflow bugs or not, but I'm happy to stick to the plan.

Are you going to play this turn then Husch? You're much more on top of what's going on than I am, but if you can't I'm happy to look through your posts and figure it out. It would probably do me good to play a turn though so that I know what the hey is going on again.

I think you should log in anyways even just to get a look at things, I think the more of us stay involved the better. I Siriously want our team to win. :)

Irgy
I can play, but I don't want it. If you don't look in the game you get only small infos about the game so you don't get involve with the game. I look every turn to get my infos and give my opinion, but I fear, if I play the game, after few turns nobody other looks and then I play alone. That was the lay with Mad Scientist in the last DG, I played 95% of the turns. So I hope another will play and I give my opinion and 've an opponent in the team to discuss. I'm good in mm and seeking infos, but my ability to make plans etc is low. So if I'm alone the team is lost. that isn't my wish.
So I agree with Alpha it's good if you at least look at the game and get a feeling, get involve.

btw

I will wait 4-5 hours and then play, if you want, but I would wish you try it. We are a team, if anybody makes a mistake, it's nothing, also we are angry about it. For me the play (many hours) is more important then the victory (few minutes).

Top Bottom