GalaxyNES- No Horizons

Welcome back! Any ideal start location, or would you like it to be random?
I was thinking of this section highlighted, if it's not taken

That certainly works! You could also start in a system just outside of 'known space' if you'd like to.

Hey there Tote! Your light-being idea actually has a lot of connections with a random colour-based lifeform that flyingchicken and I were discussing earlier- if he wants to join this NES later, then perhaps there could be some connection between your two species. :D

Sorry to see you go CG, and you're still welcome to take part in the NES.

Sure. I'm not very good at writing this kind of story, but I think I can handle dove-tailing my genesis with his. Glad to know there's a sibling species out there in the cold, entropic universe. ^^
Btw., I'm not quite sure where I should start but I think a system just outside known space would be good as this doesn't seem to be the kind of species who'd be undiscovered in the middle of a cluster due to the unlikelihood of their rapid expansion being checked without sentient opposition. *rolls randomly* How about slightly to the left of the bottom center of the map?

Depravity City

In the darkest corners of known space a small research expedition was scanning systems for potential technology of the entity known as One. In one of the least populated regions near the Pillars they came across a system with intelligent life. Bright lights shone from the surface of the planets, masses of urban construction. Not at all pure and clean like the wild growth of nature. An investigation was to begin.

Approaching the orbit of what appeared the capitol planet of this system the lead ships captured radio transmissions from the planet to examine. Giving them some knowledge of this civilization and potential to translate given the combined super brains of the Maus. A few days were spent studying this language and it seemed that it was easily changed, and even comprehended, as if the planet they orbited was a siren in space. Calling travelers to the rocks. The Maus knew it seemed odd that the language barrier was so fast to be broken, and that it was possible the planet dwellers were studying them just as fast.

The steps were made and a message was sent to the planet, a lesson learned from the last encounters in deep space, that we come in peace. For the time being anyway. A new group of Lauki were prepared for the descent to the planet, into the urban mass of structures, lights and noise. A new generation of Kau'Lauki were born to speak this new language and a group of Rax and several dozen Lauki accompanied them. They boarded the drop ship and drifted into the atmosphere, sinking with fiery speed to the surface only to make a controlled landing at the last second on top of one of the massive skyscrapers. The smooth, oval of a landing ship fell silent as the doors opened. Allowing the crew inside to step out into the unusual darkness of the night, almost as if it was artificial, and into the new environment of the big city. Then, on top of the skyscraper as they looked down on the streets and bright lights below, a small flying machine flew in front of them and stopped. Shining bright lights and causing gusts of wind from it's rotating blades. From a sound system a light voice was heard.

“Oooo. Welcome to Unaka. Heehee.”

“Ahhh, insolent fools.” one of the Rax burst out in anger.

“Quiet you, this is our first contact with this race. I am the contact. You are my protection. Mother demands it to be so.” said the head Kau. The Rax growls with a fury that the Kau knows spells his end when the mission is completed.

“Mmm, if you would please board our vehicle we can take you to our leaders. Ahhh.” said the voice in the flying machine again. More noises of intense breathing are also heard, causing the crew to begin to feel frightened by what they were getting into. They boarded the craft anyway and flew over the cityscape. Seeing bright streets with smaller vehicles at ground level and many of this species walking the streets. From up here they couldn't really make them out, but by the smell of the place there was a large number of pheromones in the air. This began to interfere with the Lauki's senses and caused brief bouts of confusion during the flight.

The craft began to lower after what seemed to the Lauki as an unknown amount of time. They had never felt so alive, something was in the air and it was confusing to them. Nothing had this power outside of mother. The Rax on the ship flipped their masks on in paranoia of the air around them. The smaller Lauki and the Kau were high and acting sluggish and bizarre. As they landed in front of a large ball shaped building, perfectly transparent and showing all the many rooms and floors inside, did they truly begin to understand the situation they were in. The building was full of life, but was covered in smears of some form of fluid that couldn't be made out.

They all exited the craft and stood on the trash covered, among other things, sidewalk outside this building. The pilot of the craft stepped out and showed her figure. Tall and thin, with long legs and arms. Light brown skin and long fibers from the crown of the head that reached down like a waving mass of grasses. Her figure was very curvy, something the Lauki could enjoy, and not at all unnatural like the buildings around. Yet something else radiated off her as she approached the group. An almost visible aura of pheromones that all but the Rax were now exposed to. Enticing them to follow her into the building. They couldn't help but oblige.

As the group followed this beauty into the building, many moans of joy were heard across the halls, and in the corner of their vision they noticed some of the others were not the same as the one they followed, but they quickly moved out of sight. The small Lauki tried to draw attention to this but were given looks of seduction by their guide which caused them to change their minds completely. They reached a large doorway, behind which the loudest series of moans yet echoed out. The Kau turned to the lady and asked her.

“Madame, where are we?” the Kau asked.

“Mmm we are inside, ooo, the headquarters of the Unaki world government.” she shuddered a bit in pleasure “Ahhh, it's time to go in.”

The doors opened, revealing that the transparency of the building was a trick, the interior of the rooms was different than the projections. The Lauki stumbled in following their Unaki guide and came to a large group of Unaki inside. All identical to their guide. All writhing in pleasure.

“I am the messenger for mother. The Eternal Union of Ma'Autra comes to your planet to...” the Kau was interrupted in his speech by the group of Unaki rushing over to the Lauki crew.

In a seductive grinding session the Unaki talked softly about welcoming their guests, while the Lauki became light headed and confused once more. Pheromones were strong and entering directly into their systems. This triggered their reproductive instinct and caused a fury of wild grinding and perverse behavior by the two parties. Excluding the few Rax in the room who had been clever enough to put on their armored masks. This, however, did not stop the Unaki from trying the same thing on the Rax. But the Rax would have nothing of it.

“Scum! Withdraw your hands from my body.” the Rax reacted by grabbing one of the Unaki by the forearm and pulling it away. Holding them up by their one arms and bringing them to eye level, the Rax being over two feet taller than the Unaki. As he held her up the others pushed their Unaki away as well, but something was strange. The suspended Unaki was wiggling with pleasure, she drew complete euphoria from this experience and demanded more. The Rax would have nothing of it and he dropped her, coming back with his fist for a killing strike. As his fist drew close the Unaki reached out and grabbed it, stopping the powerful warrior in his tracks.

“Mmmmm. MORE!” she commanded, as her sister Unaki latched onto their Rax in the midst of a giant orgy between the lesser Lauki. Beginning a twirl of combat that was mostly the Rax attempting to flee from the rape that was about to be brought on them. The Rax sent a message back during this wild battle to the ships in orbit, it was a recording of what was happening through his visor.

Aboard the ships in orbit the video was translated to the Maus through special sensors and they couldn't understand what the hell was going on. They ordered a ship be sent to rescue the crew from this urban nightmare. The ship ripped through the atmosphere and crashed into the glass structure, shattering right through into the lobby. Out stormed masked Lauki and Rax who opened fire on the Unaki that rushed, but to little avail. The pain just brought more pleasure to these beasts. The loved it. Some Lauki were picked off by quick Unaki and raped relentlessly in the corners of the lobby. The Rax rescued their brothers in the meeting room and launched electrical nets to capture a couple of the Unaki, who convulsed in pleasure but changed colors wildly. Was this whole place a sick illusion? The quick insertion was made and the Rax escaped, leaving behind dozens of helpless Lauki and a couple Kau who were being sexually assaulted by these fiends.

Mother demanded they flee this place immediately. As the landing ship returned to the orbiting ships they made haste in leaving the system. The Unaki they captured, now back to their brown skinned appearance, were placed in holding cells to be studied. The panicked Rax were calmed by the soothing command of mother and were resting. A few Jun were ordered into the area to study these space harlots.

Psychological testing proved they were intensely disturbed and perverse. Communicating with each other through telepathic orgasms. Tests on their bodies revealed they could change shape, color, etc to be pleasing to the eyes of whatever creature they encountered. Their strength and speed weren't the main cause for concern however. When their pheromones were discovered as adaptable to any species they were placed into sealed containment, but only after one of the little skanks had convinced a Jun to murder his colleague.

The ships headed back home, much work was to be done on these Unaki, and the charts were marked with the system. Never again would they venture to those parts. Depravity City was no place for nature.

That certainly works! You could also start in a system just outside of 'known space' if you'd like to.

I did not know I could do that. If that's the case, a random location southeast of Fehan's territory :D.

They had survived. The black was held back, as light arched out from the station. Some fortunates had burned out their second set of eyes to complete the illusion. Their little world sat bathed in light but lost in darkness...

Up upon the sky so high...

The day had arrived. The Corki was outfitted, the accomplishment of centuries of work. HE was proud. All before HIM were his most loyal servants, the cream of the crop. 5 of these Adreds, and their staff were to leave on the Corki. Now it was time for HIM to give the speech. HIS mouth widened, and HE spoke. HIS voice was louder than anything that existed to the Kog'Vlad.

“Welcome, my most loyal to the day that we launch into the stars beyond. We have conquered our planet, united, and now we stand on a point where we have paths that go many ways, to many results. This you know. What you do not know is this: Our scientists have discovered objects that act similar to the Corki. While we are not sure as of this point, it is almost certain that these objects are spacecraft from other planets, far away.”

“These vehicles are close in the large scale. We must assume that they are scouting, seeking to prey on the weak planets. Most likely, our spheres of influence are touching. Now is not the time to be afraid or scared. Now is the time to unleash our inner instincts, tamed by centuries of peace and little bloodshed. Once more, we fight. And once again, we shall emerge better of it.”

“Go now my chosen Adreds. We shall remain communication with you. May your mission be as good as your slime.”

It has begun.

Spoiler ooc :
Be cautious. Expect to open diplomacy soon as soon as meeting.

The Last Hurrah of the Hinde Clan

Tal-Edra Tal-Astra Oda-Utra Hinde teRidas Kami was moving quickly through the tunnels he had known all his life. The once beautiful and intricate passageways that had served the Hinde clan for 30,000 years now lay in ruins, dilapidated by weeks of fighting. The carcasses of his fallen comrades covered the floors of each room Kami passed on his way to the throne room.

He remembered standing guard in the Olindasatra when it happened - a messenger burst into the room. He was bloodied and crippled, it took all of his willpower not to shoot the man down then and there. With the trasna's dying breath he told them that the osudra had broken through the defensive lines and had entered the Tsasatra (Throne Room) and the queen was in danger of being killed. Upon hearing this news the leader of their group, Tastage dispatched Kami alongside another 50 trasna to regain control of the Tsasatra.

That was nearly 3 getrata ago. Everyone in the division had been killed save for himself and 5 other trasna. The trasna finally approached the entryway of the Tsasatra - the signs did not look heartening. Scores of Kabasa Mondo (Brood Guard) littered the entryway. Kami tentatively entered the room, but found that their quest was in vain. There before him lay Ridas the queen of the Hinde clan, cut from her nest. She had probably passed within the last getrata. Kami and his squad despaired. They were just about to leave to find a fitting death for themselves when they heard a cry coming from behind Ridas. "You there, come here, come quickly." Kami told his troops to lay back while went forward to investigate the noise. He approached the noise with trepidation, but was soon relieved to see a familiar face.

Before him lay tsiRidas, third consort of Ridas. Half of his body was buried under the weight of his queen. The visible portion of his body was covered in sting wounds, the poison doubtless running through his veins, ending his life as they spoke. "Listen my son," tsiRidas hissed, "All is as it appears. The Osudra came here and have cut the queen from the nest. You and your brothers behind you are all that remain of our clan. But there is hope yet, despair not. Though I am not long for this world, I will with my dying breath say unto you that our daughter was alive when last I saw her. Allow me to tell you the story.

it was 3 getrata ago. The Kabasa Mondo warned us that the Osudra were breaking through, and would soon be in the Tsasatra. They told us they were in great number, but that the Kabasa Mondo would do everything it could to ensure that we lived, even if it should mean their deaths. The Kabasa Mondo formed a defensive line around us and it was shortly afterwards that the Ossudra came. Such a great host were they, and hideous too. The Kabasa rushed on the foes, but their number was too great. Many trasna fell and our line was pushed back. A couple Ossudra broke through the line and were going to make an attack on our queen. I stepped in and slew them, though I suffered a wound in the process. Then many more Ossudra made for the queen, and I fought for much time until soon I was the only left alive. Though I fought valiantly, and slew many Ossudra, their number were too great, and soon I was beginning to feel the effects of the poison, and my movements slowed. It was then that some got behind me and cut our queen from her nest. She fell on me and here I lay. But our daughter, the jewel of my life was in this nest as well, and when our queen fell on me I watched in horror as the villainous Ossudra carried her away. Listen my son, though your number is few, your sister is the only hope for the salvation of this clan. Though your numbers are few, you must do everything in your power to rescue her. Go now my son. I feel the last moments of my life are at hand, for soon shall my eyes close and my tataka curl. Do not let my death be in vain. With that, tsiRidas, consort of the Hinde passed away. Kami embraced his father before returning to his squad and relaying the message. His five cohorts accepted their quest and they all set out.

Kami crept from den to den of the nest as they desperately tried to avoid any and all patrols. Kami peeked into one of the dens to find a surprise: about 60 trasna all hiding behind some debris. The group was being attacked by a small contingent of Ossudra. Kami relayed the details to his men, and they all made their attack, launching bullets at the enemy using their rasicha helmets. Thanks to surprise and distance, Kami and his men quickly dispatched the Ossudra, freeing their compatriots. Kami talked with the other Trasna, and found that only 10 of them had rasicha helmets, with the rest of them having to use their stingers. Kami told them of the direness of the situation, and they agreed to help them. One of the trasna, named Haru recalled seeing other contingents of trasna in various other dens, and suggested they find these allies to assist with regaining their sister.

So the group searched many more dens around the Tsasatra, and soon had a great host of almost 1000 trasna. With this force, Kami soon resolved to fight the Ossudra and reclaim the daughter. He felt as though the clan may yet have a chance. If they could get her and get out to safety, maybe find aid from the Tal-Edra, they may yet survive this horrid attack. After several artrata, they soon discovered the location of the daughter, who was being held captive in the second largest room in the nest. Kami couldn't believe it, after all this time she was still alive - presumably to be the queen for the Ossudra nest that would take over after the fall of the Hinde. After further recon, Kami devised a plan of attack to rescue the daughter. When all was arranged, they made their attack.

The trasna rushed into the fray, with Kami and those other troops who had rasicha equipment firing bullets at the enemy. Kami killed a great score of foes before finally running out of ammunition. He looked out on the battlefield, and though it was apparent that the trasna had slain a great number of ossudra, their numbers were still much too great, it was apparent that the attack would not be successful. They would all die, and the once illustrious Hinde clan would fall. His ammunition being exhausted, Kami rushed into the fray hoping to take as many Ossudra down with him as he possibly could...

The Kabasa Mondo calmly entered the great room. On the floor they saw a score of ossudra lying in wait. These were quickly dispatched by the rasicha equipment of the Kabasa. "Clear!" one of the Kabasa yelled out. It was at this point that Tal-Edra lasaChasa Indama entered the room. He looked upon the great score of fallen trasna without emotion, having seen the scene now many times before. "Here's the daughter, sir", exclaimed one of the Kabasa. Indama took one look at her and saw that the Ossudra had already gotten to her.

"Cut her down, see to it that she is properly disposed of", said Indama.

"Yes sir", the trasna replied.

It was tragic, but Indama had seen it so often that his nerves were deadened to this sort of thing. The Ossudra had spread far in the last half tsorto (about 100 earth years). Every time it was the same old story - the Ossudra would come, and would kill every trasna in the nest, and then claim it for their own. This happened often to lesser clans, though the fact that it had happened to a moderately old clan such as the Hinde was indeed distressing. Things were about to change for the better though. The Tal-Edra clan was amassing a large force to finish off the Ossudra once and for all. Millions of trasna would be there, from all of the zeptha clans - proof of the growing power and influence of the Tal-Edra. "No, the Ossudra are not long for this world", Indama said to himself, his tataka curling with glee. He looked up and saw that his troops had completed their objective with the usual efficiency. "Very well, trasna, let's get to clearing out the rest of this nest. May the Ossudra never again stain this world!"

The trasna shouted their assent and filed out of the room. Indama turned at looked one last time at the scene - the last hurrah of the once great Hinde clan.

Name: Utarite Combine/Communisto
Species: Utarites (Ooh-tar-ite)
Forces: The Utarites have only in recent centuries broken the technological barrier of FTL travel, however they are an inherently curious and reckless species which has lead to large advances in science and technology. This coupled with their rapid reproductive rate and pension for violence has brought about much in the way of military tech, including space-to-surface glassing weaponry and powered-exoskeletons. Each planet within the Combine is required to fill a quota of soldiers and ships to serve in war.
Technology: The Utarite Combine focuses the development of it’s technology around the efficiency of the colonization of new worlds and the ability to enforce the survival of the Utarite “interplanetary clan.”
Description:
Spoiler :

Physical: The Utarites hail from Utar Prime, a red, rocky planet of hostile creatures and environment. They resemble four armed, bipedal primates with crests and tufts of black fur ringing the neck and shoulders. Their species lives in vast subterranean cities reflecting their natural habitats in the caverns of Utar-Prime.

Culture/Society: The Utarites originally lived in small family groups called clans, which has shaped their entire history as this social classification shifted with the flow of ideology and science. The clan system has evolved to a planetary level, with a single world (the home world) acting as the ‘alpha-male’ of the species’ outreaching colonies. This new concept is the “All-Clan,” the term deriving from a radical movement which emerged amongst the lower clans on the Utarite homeworld before unification.

Utarites are extremely social animals. Every individual is constantly aware of their bond with the family unit. The survival and prosperity of the tribe is the corner-stone of the Utarite psyche. Individuals which are separated or isolated from larger populations often spiral into depression and in extreme cases can become lost in a near feral state. This is why loners in Utarite society are viewed as strange and often take the roles of bounty hunters, criminals and other inglorious perpetrators.

History: Civilization on Utar-Prime has always been based on the competition of various clan-structured tribes for the planet’s dwindling resources. As the more powerful clan-states of the Utarite homeworld developed advanced space faring technology the vast mineral wealth and terraforming potential of the outlying worlds was determined as the new frontier. War erupted as the hundreds of the clans fought over the right to extend into space. During the conflict, several pre-FTL colony ships left Utar-Prime for the outlying planets in the Utari star system. Four of these found habitable landing zones while contact was lost with the remaining three. Over the coming centuries, the new Utarite societies on Yulaana, Ulmur, Protaea and Yiluar established functioning and economically prosperous planetary communities which slowly began to re-establish contact with each other and the home world. Utarite society began to change as the social pool widened to cross the vacuum of space. Political restructuring nearly brought an end to the clan system as planetary interests began to overshadow the old cultural feuds.

War again erupted during this period of restructuring. The coming conflict, which would be later recorded as the Wars of Unification, brought the Utarite planets into two spheres of influence under the camps of either Utar-Prime or Yulaana as the two superpowers vied for control of the star system. The fifty-eight year war saw the home world forces triumph against the Yulaani Cohort and the Combine was founded shortly after, seeing power shared between all the Utarite core worlds under the vassalage of Utar-Prime, however territorial disputes between the Combine and unruly colonies continue to spark sporadically…

Update 7

Exploratory forces of the Fehan have added a third species to their roster of known sentients. Emerging from a period of inward focus, the Fehan are once again on the move. Numerous inhabitable systems have been identified on the peripheries of known space, including one with a spacefaring native population. The Vins are a hardy, bipedal species, who have only recently liberated and united their species and struck out into the greater galaxy. They maintain a strong emphasis on military force, and their technology seems to be roughly at par with that of the Fehan. Thusfar, contact between the two species has been peaceful, although the Vintorez Confederation remains very cautious towards the Fehan, whose motives remain quite unclear.

Quietly, and with many origin-disguising maneuvers, the bulky, angular warships of Karron move into position around the peripheries of Fehan space. The secret of Catifah will be maintained at all costs.

The age old conflict of the Trasna against the Ossudra is finally coming to a head. The ever-ascendant Tal-Edra Clan is massing a grand army to wipe out the vile infestation, even as the Ossudra boldly attack clans of increasingly advanced rank and distinguished history. The intense internal focus continues to delay the potential for contact between the Tal-Edra and their avian neighbours, the Allentryen of the Tapani Republic. However, intrepid explorers have begun to push far out of known space, venturing deep towards the galactic core.

The Tapani Republic, wary from past events, has put a hold on its peaceful development, working to build up a fleet to protect itself from such threats in the future. Exploratory vessels have been sent out to establish a sensor network throughout Tapani space, to prevent any further unexpected incursions. As a direct result of this, a great deal of evidence has arisen indicating the presence of further neighbouring alien species. Quite a bit more trepidatious after the unexpected results of their first contact with alien life, the Allentryen are nonetheless prepared to make an attempt at peaceful relations, should they come into contact with this mysterious species.

The Zan Hegemony is pleased with Shamai’s destruction of the Zaff. His robotic monstrosities continue to roam about and establish control over the former space of the Zaff Dominion, seizing the glassy former homeworld of Wairt, and the volcanic wastelands of Koraft.

In the shattered ruins of their decapitated dominion, the Zaff struggle on. With the destruction of the Council of Ten, and the deaths of well over nine of every ten Zaff, the Dominion has ceased to function as a cohesive government. Some leadership is provided by the surviving military forces, while in other places powerful individuals or herdmasters take control. Many of the survivors settle at the colony of Navart, swelling its population, while others establish a new home on Truff. In space, central authority holds in the fleet, but the independent groups quickly cease to recognize any authority, establishing a de facto free space throughout much of the former territory of the Zaff Dominion- at least, that which has not yet been seized by the Imperious Zan. Zaff Space Pirates are beginning to raid throughout the region, to ensure a continuing supply of new minds for fodder. Finally, many of the survivors remain in space, traveling away from the Zan in huge refugee fleets.

One such fleet finds itself coming dangerously close to Ullau space in the Collectivity of Sanath. It is unclear whether the Collectivity is aware of the civilian nature of the vessels, but previous violent contact does not bode well for the Zaff on board.

The Collectivity itself continues to experience growing pains, but the integration of the Ullau is going quite well, providing a significant resource base for the frequently material-strapped organization.

At the pinnacle of centuries of unity, stability and development, the Kog’Vlad have launched their very first extrasolar vessel.

Nidkubra, still bracing for the Zaff attack which never came, has realized that their enemy has somehow lost its ability to wage offensive war. The small, but diverse nation has since gone on the offensive, re-establishing control over space which had been taken by the Zaff over a century prior.

The United Republics of Hedge remain at a precarious stalemate with the Dreamer and the Cherwal Talarthyn Conclave. Under the constant threat, many of the less bold Verthommes have left the planet for Hedge. However, a growing group of Verthommes are beginning to develop closer and friendlier relationships with the rest of the Cherwals. With the population growing increasingly involved with the workings of the United Republics, it seems that at long last, parts of the two populations are beginning to mesh together.

Ma’Autra has conducted many great explorations as well, as they map out the intricacies of the pillars, the two titanic columns of nebulous gas, extending side by side 500 light years above Au. The expeditionary force chasing the Choon ‘Gardener’ has returned with a valuable collection of alien technology in tow. A flurry of exploration and consolidation is underway, and the Lauki-Maus are now beginning to come into contact with a huge variety of new species.

First contact with the Unaki of Unaka proved to be rather... intense for the Lauki explorers. Aggressively seduced by their hosts, Ma’Autra managed to extract a small portion of the team. Later, long-distance studies revealed the interesting truth of the world. Rather than a shiny metropolis of hedonism, Unaka is a near-collapsed society. Its buildings are in an advanced state of decay, and the entirety of the population lives in perpetual pheromone-induced ecstasy. Exactly how such a society managed to develop advanced technology, or how an advanced society would allow itself to fall so far- both of these remain mysteries for Ma’Autra. Mysteries it is none too eager to solve. For now, they are quite happy to leave ‘Depravity City’ off-limits.

A secondary fleet has discovered the Lumos are a bizarre group of light-based beings. Even now, the Maus debate over whether or not they can truly be considered a species. They are, by all appearances, simply a collection of sentient waveforms. Their means of reproduction and other basic features of their existence remain mysterious, although they have been observed performing apparently unassisted superluminal travel, regenerating from near-nothingness, and subtly altering the flow of time. Ma’Autra has determined that it may be best to give these extradimensional entities a wide buffer until further advances have been made in their research.

In the same region, but still undiscovered by the Lauki-Maus, is the nascent Utarite Commune. Still making only its very first steps outside their home system, the Utarites are driven to expand by vigorous sociality, soaring populations and a never-ending need for more resources. The All-Clan’s new experimental superluminal drive is expected to reap great rewards for the Commune in years to come.

Rounding out the flurry of exploration, a small group has arrived at Zarr and discovered the barbaric Skriv- as well as a Wera bearing a considerable population of Choon- while another has just begun to make preliminary surveys of the massive collective organism on Tenodera.

It is stirring.

Map

This sun, this sun, I remember when it was young.

To: the Fin (Vintorez Confederation)

Greetings.

(attached: basic dictionary of the Fehan language to aid decoding)

The Zaff are no more a threat or even a disturbance. I have conquered those who can control others with their minds and it was easy. The wise one has said before that the Zan are above all other beings, perhaps he is correct in that. Once the full force of the Zan is brought nothing stands in its way and whole planets collapse. Now all that left of their space is barren wasteland full of resources to build many more great and powerful weapons for my army. Every conquest becomes no more than resources for the next one. The Zaff space is large and rich and would become awesome weapons. I have also discovered that if at any point a conquest takes too long all I must do is destroy the ground itself and none could oppose me.

Finishing the Zaff made me feel this emotion. I heard other Zan speak of it. This awesome emotion of being a god. A force of nature capable of bringing whole systems to dust. I have single handed made the crust of planets melt and shiver and break into tiny pieces easy to collect. I am a Zan, a god among this lower beings and I will do my race's only aim. Conquer all that exist so that this resources and energy would be able to make a Zan live ahead of his biological existence. No more need a biological form to sustain our existence.

Now in the middle of mu space I find something else, something new. Not a lower creature but a strange animal capable of devouring whole suns and systems. How could it suddenly appear in my space, how could I feel so threatened? It has nothing done anything to attack the Zan but I know I cannot allow such a threat to exist. The destruction of the Wera in my space must come. All life must be eradicated and only then a Zan could live beyond his biological life.

Also I must bring up this species that live not far from my head of the empire the planet Shamai. This Association of something, I cannot even care enough to say their name correct. They will be the next target for my empire to expand into.

A hundred years have passed since the Nau'Gon fleet had left the safety of Au for the deepest reaches of space. Consisting of several of the largest warships, modern when they left, but aging rapidly and long sense out of contact with their home they aren't sure where they are. Knowledge from the union resides in the Maus captains, leading their way based on constellations that have long sense shifted or been passed. Nau'Gon is in trouble of being lost forever.

Across the galaxy they had come a thousand times farther than they intended, into the dark regions, uncharted by their homeworld research. Unsure of their location, space with no radio signals and little life activity. It has been decades since the last life form was encountered and those were some real nasty bacteria. Nevertheless it appeared that the fleet would be doomed, and other such unfortunate events.

It was around the time that the Maus began to worry that faint radio signals were picked up from far away, some unknown languages ofcourse, but life nonetheless. The fleet made an arc towards the chatter and knew it would be many years before they would pinpoint the location of the source. During this change in direction the fleet stopped in various barren systems and collected data on the minerals available. On one of these stops a shutter of uncertainty fell on the fleet. The Maus had an unusual problem to deal with as the Lauki all seemed to be in fear of something. All Lauki superstition, nothing based in nature, this would need to be engineered out of them.

Life scans. Negative.

Landing ships. Positive.

Fleet in anchor.

It had been too long since a planet with acceptable atmosphere had been found for the airlocks of the warships could be opened, these massive lumbering ships hovered off the surface, taking in a new stench. Something the Maus and Lauki couldn't understand. Some form of concentration in the atmosphere clearly. Nothing to be concerned with, but an extra dose of pheromones would be used for good measure.

Thousands of mixed crews dropped to the planets surface. The ground was solid black rock, with deep canyons, cracks and sharp edges along with the tallest cliffs see by Nau'Gon. Over the landscape was a perpetual darkness and a hazy fog of an atmosphere, dark blue and smoggy. Visibility was extremely poor for the crews, and even the Rax's heat vision was useless in this as the planet was unusually cold and frightful. An unusual calm fell over them. The crews worked double time, weary to leave this terrifying place.

The soil proved worthless to their needs, nothing here of value for the fleet. No fuel sources, no metals of worth. It was a creepy rock, nothing more. But in the distance a crack and crumble were heard. A Lauki drew his tiny firearm and in a shaking fear walked towards a cliff side where rocks now came falling down. Something was up there, he should inform the boss. In the instant he turned to alert his commanding Rax he was snatched from his ground and silenced. Dragged into one of the man holes by an unknown entity.

A Rax would never notice the loss of a single Lauki. Why would he care? The stupid drones were expendable, it probably fell in a hole or something. But one was not enough for those that lurked. One is never enough. Soon two, three and more were gone. The Rax knew something was different and alerted their brothers and began an investigation into the fog. It seemed the visibility only worsened as they looked, soon a few feet was too clouded for their vision. The Lauki and Jun stood no chance, being picked off left and right by an ever growing group of these foul beasts. But the Rax were watching. Heat is not a liar tonight.

Beyond their visible spectrum they were encircled by a mass of red hot monsters. There was no hope.

In an instant one of the Rax saw his foe leap with great power and speed towards him. Multiple limbs and a black exoskeleton, terrifyingly familiar. In the moment of contact, their worlds slowed to a grind, and in every minuet detail was amplified. The outreached arms of the Rax grappling the Tenoderan by the thorax. The multiple arms of the Tenoderan sweeping around to grasp and claw into the Rax. A battle of brute strength. The Rax roared, his four pronged mandibles releasing a powerful noise. And in that moment the Rax tossed aside his aggressor, who bounced along the rocky terrain and scurried back to it's feet. In an effort he drew his pole weapon, triggering it's expansion and the energized ends to hum to life.

From the ships the fog was impenetrable. Save for the flashes of energy on flesh for a moment, as screams filled the airwaves. Then it was silent.

The ships were ordered sealed by the Maus captains, they feared their own deaths by these beasts. It was too late. The silent predators had infiltrated the ships as they were leaving the surface. Unchecked slaughter. A Maus without Lauki, floating into space. Some ships crashed but a few escaped the planet. Death save for their Tenoderan guests and the Maus onboard.

A vegetarian the Tenoderan is not.

A Bygone Era

One’s eyes flashed open and flickered.

“Accessing memory.”

Ah, the past. The best and only escape from the present.

“Retrieving.”

The mechanical creation that was one gazed out impassively at her little icy world. It had not always been this way. This little fragment had once been part of a far greater world.

If One could sigh, she would have. What a degenerate age she had unfortunately survived to. The animals have completely taken over the zoo. Or to be more specific, the trees had taken over the arborarium. There was a time when her creators had tended over a vast region of space, uplifting and protecting hundreds of sentient species of breathtaking variety. A few of them survived today- the Choon and the Lauki-Maus were the only remnants to the best of One’s knowledge. Those were better days. Back when that self proclaimed ‘Eternal Union’ was just a collection of mind trees on a nature preserve, and not an irritating force bent on the destruction of the remnants of their erstwhile caretakers and the rest of their celestial brothers. The irony was, apparently, lost on them.

“Retrieving.”

Well, the past wasn’t entirely gone. A few remnants of that bygone era still remained, not that she wanted to have anything to do with them. The Wera had stopped caring about galactic politics hundreds of thousands, or even millions of years ago, the Fplinmy were as silent as ever- and who would want to speak to the Zan?

One made the internal equivalent of a chuckle. There was a time when she would have, could have spoken to the Zan. When their cataclysm was still a fresh and tender would in their minds, and not a festering, ancient racial scar.

“Retrieved.”

The scene was a blocky, golden-hued room. Ninety degree angles were the style of the day, each inscribed with labyrinthine and similarly angled masses of finely engraved lines in deep fractal patterns. A creature, with a body shaped much like an organic version of her own, was profoundly involved in his work. He had the body of a worm, arching upwards to a massive segmented bundle of limbs, surrounding his head. Skin smooth and flat, not quite succeeding in hiding a deep grimace of stress. His deep, midnight blue eyes, twinkling with light. They were like gazing into orbs of stars. In the elevated state of consciousness she possessed now, One knew that he was attractive, although her simpler mind had never recognized it while he lived. He was Igatrix Gao, one of the race who had constructed her, and so much else throughout the region. ‘The Gifters’, as they were known by the Choon, or ‘The Architects’ as they had been known by another alien species who had not survived to the present day.

On a side of her mind, one brought up an image of them. The Shkikish. Exciteable little rotary tunnelling beasts. Promising creatures. They had not made it onto the Ark, and were consumed by the flood of Zan Yamal.

Which brough her back to her original train of thought, as the memory continued to play.

Igatrix Gao spun his way through the data-pyramid, processing several of the messages passing through.

“The ambassador from Thura Wera thus concludes his statement with following sentiments regarding the events of the Zan Yamal’s War of Aggression: The Zan Yamal has singlehandedly exterminated 18 genetically distinct species and 2 distinct collectives of artificial intelligence. The Zan Yamal has destroyed over 850 Billion sentients, accounting for in excess of 700 Billion standard mental units. The Zan Yamal has irrevocably and negatively altered the existences of many presently surviving sentients and species. The Zan Yamal will not be permitted to continue to predate upon further unwilling species. Due to its lack of cooperation in post-war proceedings, the Zan Yamal will be permanently contained. As permanent containment is an excessive punishment for any mental being, the Zan Yamal will be destroyed in its entirety.”

“The ambassador from Tritza is in accord with the ambassador from Thura Wera. Destroy the Zan Yamal without further deliberation.”

“The ambassador from Vorticune stands in partial disagreement with the ambassadors from Thura Wera and Tritza. Permanent Containment is not an excessive punishment, and much good will be done for the survivors to know that this...”

The voice began to break up slightly with emotion.

“...MONSTER is suffering for as long as its existence continues, which should ideally be without limit.”

“The ambassador from Thraz indicates that Yamal’s death is already overdue. Kill it.”

There was brief silence following the Thrazi ambassador’s words. His brusqueness and avoidance of the proper language is somewhat unsettling.

Ah yes, the Thrazi. They were hot-headed and young then. They wanted to kill Yamal immediately and bypass his trial altogether. They did not understand that to destroy without a judged conclusion is meaningless.

Igatrix Gao now spoke.

“The ambassador from Turamak Katzil affirms Zan Yamal will not be permitted to repeat his actions. Too much genetic and mental potential has been lost to allow for a repetition. We are in accord with the Thura Wera regarding the nature of permanent containment. As the primary force concerned with the existence of the Zan Yamal, and the alpha civilization in the affected regions, we propose that it is to be destroyed by our hand.”

The statements were made. Next to speak was the Judge. A Huonn. A drab, unpleasant, gelatinous being. Still, extraordinarily reliable and notably unbiased. Were his kind still alive? Possibly, elsewhere, far beyond any means of One to contact them now.

“Zan Yamal, the powers that are have reaffirmed the call for your execution. You may speak.”

The creature was a spindly mass of metal, suspended and utterly isolated from any rescue, escape or contact of any sort. Its voice was a rumbling, sepulchral hiss.

“Ha ha ha ha ha ha...the Hegemony will not be sundered. It cannot. You will attempt to kill me. Hah! The cataclysm has already come. I am dead already, and it has only made me stronger. As for those who have fallen, their scattered corpses bring no sense of remorse. They have never touched the power held within my grasp. They have never even lived. What was done was done without remorse, by my choice and by the will of the Hegemony. The Galaxy shall be remade in the image of the Zan, regardless of your petty actions. So slay me, wretched of the planets, and let my transcendence complete! Ha ha, ha ha ha ha, HA HA HA HA H-”

The voice was silenced and the judge spoke once more.

“Thank you. Ambassador from Turamak Katzil, as you presently hold it in your custody, responsibility for the destruction of the Zan Yamal is yours.”

“It shall be done without delay.”

The pocket dimension within which the Zan Yamal was entrapped began to bifurcate repeatedly, each section collapsing down into nothingness, utterly annihilating every particle of the Zan and evapourating away into the vacuum.

“Memory accessed.”

One was back. Still alone. The asteroid, one of the last remaining fragments of the long-destroyed planet of Turamak, was still icy and empty. Heavy depression set in, as it always did after a memory binge.

“Accessing memory.”

Dummy post for now. More info later.

Name: Robotic mad vikings

Location: Space galleys across the galaxy all operating from the viking base at Tronheim

Species:
//for later

History:
//for later

Culture:
//for later

Marriage and Familial Culture:
//for later

Forces:
Effing robotic space mad vikings. 'nuf said? //moar

Technology:
Space galleys powered by 30-50 captured slaves sail across the galaxy. //moar