SparGamez2: Carthage (Rise of Rome)

Sparthage

Fighting Tyranny
To clear up the title, both me and Gamezrule are leading this SG. This is the second in (hopefully) a series of SGs focusing on the C3C Conquest Scenarios.

Past SparGamez:
-SparGamez1: Phoenicia (Mesopotamia); Civ: Phoenicia; Result: Wonder Victory

Mod: Rise of Rome Conquest (The one that comes with the game)
Mod Description: It is over 2,300 years ago, and the Mediterranean Sea is in turmoil. To the east, Macedon and Persia are locked in a deadly war to decide the dominant power in Asia Minor. Farther west, the young city of Rome is beginning to challenge mighty Carthage for control of the central Mediterranean. Are you prepared to grasp the reins of power, and lead your people to the heights glory and wealth -- at the point of a sword and the tip of a spear?
Civilization: Carthage
Starting Techs: Bronze Working, Masonry, Alphabet, Pottery, The Wheel, Warrior Code, Ceremonial Burial, Iron Working, Code of Laws, Map Making, Horseback Riding, Polytheism, Tribal Council, and Oligarchy
Difficulty: Emperor
Rotation: 5 Turns Each

Roster:
Sparthage=> Just Played
pol1=> UP!
Bowsling=> On Deck
Gamezrule=> In Da' Hole
Elephantium=> 5th
Aukrest=> 6th

GREEN= Present or Playing
RED= Missing or Skipped

Current Save is HERE

Planning For Next Turn:
Spoiler :
-Gain Ivory
-Try to retake Sicily

Current Situation:
Spoiler :
At war with Rome

Let's do it!!! :D

Well, I would prefer 4th.

Alright, current order:
1. Sparthage
2. pol1
3. Bowsling
4. Gamezrule
5. Elephantium
6. Aukrest

Anyone else?

Bold= Cannot be changed.

How many turn's are there total? I believe it is somewhere in the 300's, but I haven't played it in a while.

Yeah, I think it's 300 and we should switch (I originally just copied the first SparGamez's OP). Does anyone prefer 5 turns each?

I originally just copied the first SparGamez's OP

SLACKER! :nono:

Seriously, this scenario is almost twice as long, switching to 10 would probably keep things moving so we can get to Fall of Rome and the rest of the Conquests.

EDIT: When the first one was still in the works, I remember we decided on 5 because the length, however most regular SG's only last around 300 turns anyway, so this won't be much shorter.

Mod: Rise of Rome Conquest (The one that comes with the game)
Mod Description: It is over 2,300 years ago, and the Mediterranean Sea is in turmoil. To the east, Macedon and Persia are locked in a deadly war to decide the dominant power in Asia Minor. Farther west, the young city of Rome is beginning to challenge mighty Carthage for control of the central Mediterranean. Are you prepared to grasp the reins of power, and lead your people to the heights glory and wealth -- at the point of a sword and the tip of a spear?
Civilization: Carthage
Starting Techs: Bronze Working, Masonry, Alphabet, Pottery, The Wheel, Warrior Code, Ceremonial Burial, Iron Working, Code of Laws, Map Making, Horseback Riding, Polytheism, Tribal Council, and Oligarchy
Difficulty: Emperor
Rotation: 10 Turns Each (Pending)

Roster:
Sparthage=> Awaiting Final Roster.
pol1=> On Deck (Pending).
Bowsling=> Not much, really.
Gamezrule=> Gleefully, fourth.
Elephantium=> Playing his first SparGame.
Aukrest=> Glad to be last.
I obviously changed some things. Don't call me a slacker! :joke:

edit: Let's get back on topic here.

10 turns.

I'd be happy to go earlier in the roster if that would help.

We should do everything in our power to conquer Sicily ASAP. When I played this scenario as Rome, securing the island was my first priority. Once that's in place, we can stage a landing on the peninsula.

We should also try to rope Greece and Gaul into an alliance against Rome -- if their units are busy fighting up north, there will be less resistance for us to grind down.

Also, shall we chase after Egypt? I should think so.

The turn limit is 200, not 300. Our first thing should be securing Sicily, building defense in Spain and then we can plan an attack on Italy/Egypt.

eee
F8: turn limit is 130.

domination limits are: pop 50%, land 20%

roster:
2ns is ok.

In that case, we should go with 5 turns each. If we go with 10 turns, we'll probably win before GamezRule plays a second time!

For good measures, we should play as the Vandals in Fall of Rome. That way we get to use the Hannibal leaderhead all three possible times :D

And as for Egypt, I vote definitely. Once we have the sea dominance, it will be difficult to invade Italy (until we get control of Spain), so we can keep a stalemate. By invading Egypt and then Persia, we can easily get much further on the path to domination.

Top Bottom