• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Hirachi 1 - A Standard Emperor Game, Random Everything

Hirachi Dinavo

Emperor of the World
This is just an Emperor game with random civs and settings.

Our Civ: Random
AI Civs: Random
Map size: Standard
Other Map Settings: Random

This will be with [c3c] 1.22f.

Rules: 24 hours to confirm, 48 hours to play, 5 players

Players:
1. Hirachi Dinavo
2. Bede
3. Lullaby
4. Doc Tsiolkovski
5. Soul Warrior (tentative)

lets call this a tentative sign up.
as you can see, im already widely extended, but if you fit me in late in the roster, i might manage it.
PM me when you start it, if you need my limited service (having found IGOR, im now busy dismantling him and waiting for the fun)

Tomoyo said:
How do you set map size to random? :hmm:
click on RANDOM???

Tomoyo, can i interest you in participaing in on of my SG's?
if needed i'll make room (though i think i'll just hold an open spot in SW5 for you) which i am still to start.

soul_warrior said:
click on RANDOM???
I didn't think there was a "RANDOM" for map size... :hmm:

EDIT: Apparantly there is, but you can tell what the map size is in the next screen before starting the game.

Tomoyo said:
I didn't think there was a "RANDOM" for map size... :hmm:

EDIT: Apparantly there is, but you can tell what the map size is in the next screen before starting the game.

Yep, by simply counting the opponents :p.

Seriously, Hirachi, I wouldn't go random here. 'Huge' isn't really viable for SGs. Pick standard. And if there is some interest, post a start.
I could play a simply fun game after all those Sid attempts, if I like the Civ (that is, if I haven't played it to death), I may join.

I could just back it up if I can tell from the opponents screen that it's huge. I changed it to standard size though.

I went ahead and started a game.

We are the Celts.

Celts with two FP wheats, sugar on a hill and a river and hills that just may hold iron....

I'm in. But how about a nice peaceful builder's game? ;)

Yeah, I'm getting tired of war victories in every game.

The capital is definitely going to be a production powerhouse later on.

I'd like to be in.

Celts are great. However FP start isn't. FP start with two wheats, lots of hills and sugar on a hill is quite acceptable though ;).

I'd start by moving the settler se or e and the worker to mine than road the sugar. Building on the fp will propably cause disease one day, building on a hill takes away shields. Personally, I'd take the fp se.

Research alpha at max.

There might be another sugar in the fog n,n of the starting position.

EDIT: done some calculations while I was shopping. A 4 turn settler factory can be set up using only one of the wheats with some mm. That will leave the second for another city, but than we will either have to go cxxc at least for one first ring city or move the settler twice.

Have to agree with Bede. A nice peaceful game, please :).
I'm in.
Settler E, Worker roads/irrigates where he is; first build is another Worker timed with growth, and we'll have a perfect city at size ~5.
Research entirely depends on the AI Civs, and: SGLs? On or off?
Either towards Poly (ToA and 100k?) or IW for our UU. See no need for tGLib with such a start, so Alpha can wait.

Take the Doc's prescription, always.

And I think research towards Polytheism would be good, too.

I usually try to go for philo, but I have no problems with any other path.

100k is really fine with me. Never had one of those.

Q1: I tend to think that not losing the shields from the hill is well worth taking the risk of settling flood plains. Is there anything I didn't take into account?

Q2: The ToA temples will vanish with education. Do the rebuilt temples give the age bonus of the temples you get from the ToA?

Alright, since we have enough people I'm going to go ahead and start. We'll switch players after 20 turns and go in order of the list in the first post, so Bede is next.

Q1: I'm moving the settler E to the hill. I want to get less of that desert in our capital's radius. We won't be able to use that for a long time.

Q2: No, I don't think so.

Remember, for us Desert= Plains. But the less FP tiles we work early, the less risk of disease. And we have enough Hills to work, so we won't miss the shields. And, the defence bonus is always nice to have.
ToA will go obsolete with Edu. The backside of ToA is that you can't build Temples, and thus get the doubling later. But, if you have lots of cities, the overall culture is worth it. Of course, it's a long way before we get it; if we do not have much room, it ain't worth the shields.

Hirachi: Maximum research please. In my book, min runs are only worth it when you cannot get the tech considerably faster anyway.

Do we play with SGLs, btw? And, would be please post the opponents before actually starting (F10); we may want to reassess our research path, like if we happen to have Arabs and 5 more REL Civs in the game.

F10 says Zulu, Ottomans, Spanish, French, Indians, Greeks, and Carthaginians.

SGLs are on.

EDIT: I guess it was a good thing that I ate lunch before going to start, or I wouldn't have seen your post.

Five alpha starters out there. I hope this isn't archipelago ;) .

Both Myst and BW are a good choice.

My vote goes for Myst.

Top Bottom