Gary's Poser Unit Creation Thread and Workshop

Many thanks Sandris! :goodjob: I see that some of the Russian uniforms were brownish according to some of the pictures. I like the brown for the reasons given by Steph. It sets the Russians a little apart from other units in the game. I may try some different colors mixed in though.

My two kopecks. Excuse me for my English, bad as always. :)

Thanks Gary, Your models is very, very well! Soviet soldiers 1943-1945 with helmet, ushanka and pilotka are similar to historical prototypes. Well done! :goodjob:

And some comments to Sandris’ pictures.

Numbered photo reconstructions:

1-2. Helmet of 1938 and leg-wrappings are typical for 1941 campaigns. True, leg-wrappings were used later too.

3. Very good. Roll of overcoat and sack at the back are good signs for Soviet WWII soldiers.

4. Waterproof cape more typical for last period of War.

5. Camo is unhistorical :(

Most useful Red Army camo looked like big brown patches in green surfaces.

SG-43 machine gun

ROKS-2 flamethrower

Some of guys above are have steel cuirass for assault groups of Red Army like this (at right in first picture):

6. This loose «marine» would be beaten by true Soviet marines. Soviet Naval Infantry were well-known by their well bearing.

Soviet Naval Infantry:

7. He is not a partisan. It’s usual spring/autumn Soviet uniform. Especially he have Guard badge...

8. Unhistorical strange wear.

9. He is not a paratrooper, simply pilot dress.

Soviet paratroopers:

(Guy at left is in the cap of Soviet Air Force)

10-12. These camos are used by Red Army scouts but less than p.5.

And some another info:

Soviet Maxim machine gunner:

Soviet frontier guard:

Soviet Cossack cavalry:

Soviet mountain troops:

Soviet NKVD troops:

I have him carrying a PPsh now. In adjusting his arms to carry the gun, I was getting a slight hitch between frame 4 and 5 as his his right foot hits the ground but I think I have it ironed out for the most part now. See what you think of this run.

The Run looks Good Gary...very Smooth.
Do Keep in mind that a little swagger or torso movement is Good to have the Soldier appear to Run as if in a Battle. IF too Smooth, he can appear to be Running with too much Posture :)

khorozhij! (or something along these lines... :lol: )

..really great!

...and here's the farmhand default. He's looking around, scanning the area for zombies. Let me know if this looks like too much motion for a default pose.

Looking Very Good Gary... He will be a Far more Fitting Farmhand for the Farmers... I like him for the Game :goodjob:

The Run looks Good...the slight backward movement of the torso could be adjusted so it doesn't "hiccup" backwards... and this is very slight. A Little side movement is ok.

I believe the Default should be slower concerning the left/right body movement...perhaps he could move farther, just slower.

Oh, Love the Pitchfork ...nice weapon :D
The Hat could be colored a little "Dirty" so it doesn't appear that he is too Clean and Spiffy as a Farmhand. Since it is not a Straw hat, it can have less yellow. I like the Overall look and the Clothes will fit in very well. Feel free to apply any textures that will make the clothes look like "Working home on the Farm" :)

I appreciate you helping me out. It takes some pressure off and allows me to focus on completing other needed units.

I believe the Default should be slower concerning the left/right body movement...perhaps he could move farther, just slower.

There are of course two ways to do this, more frames at the same speed or keep the same number of frames but slow them down.

Here's same number of frames, slower speed.

His jeans were already a little bit dirty. I've dirtied them a little more and put some smudges on the cap, however, the detail is of course going to be almost impossible to spot at Civ scale. :)

Top Bottom