• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ5 PDF manual is here!

I see the full tables are included at the end of the manual just like for civrev. That's great stuff!

I'm wondering now whether there'll eventually be a printer friendly version without the coloured background, because as nice as that manual looks, I can't afford to have my printer chew through that much colour. ;)

Gah! It doesn't say how SP cost progresses!

Also, it seems they switched back to the model that a research agreement give +15% science for the duration of the agreement.

Quality Assurance Team
Spoiler :

QA Manager
Scott Wittbecker
QA Lead
Grant Frazier
Testers
Michael Argo
Justice Avery
Matthew Beach
David Cerny
Daron Carlock
Jim Crawley
Pat Glascoe
Mike Lemon
Patrick Miller

Frankenstein Test Group
Spoiler :

Abyss
ainwood
AlazkanAssassin
arcan
bernie14
Bob Thomas
bobT
C.Roland
ChrisWithers
claudelu
colonelmustard
dacole
Dale
DanQ
danthrax
Dominae
ekmek
freakmon
GeneralMatt
Gogf
Grey Fox
Gyathaar
Hugin
Impaler[WrG]
jdog5000
jmoskie
jobe
Kael
karadoc
KillerClowns
Locutus
loki1232
Lord_Phan
magnus333
Meredith
Ming
monoha
Nikis-Knight
Nikolai
Nolan
notyoueither
OgreBG
Opera
Peachrocks
Pfeffersack
Primax
rah
robin-uiowa
Scott-DTA
seZereth
SirPartyMan
snafusmith
snoopy369
Solver
TheMeInTeam
totallycres
Valkrionn
Velociryx
vondrack
WarningU2
Wilboman
xienwolf
yin26
Ztaesek

I see lots of familiar names. :D
What exactly is the Frankenstein group though?

Figures! I go out on the hunt for the guide, to hold me over, and they release the manual! Well now Ill have two things to disect!

Found a big typo:

Ranged Units

Ranged units are units that can attack enemies in adjacent hexes and in hexes one or more
spaces away. The distance a unit can attack is determined by its “Range” statistic. The
strength of its ranged attack is determined by its “Ranged Combat” statistic. An Archer unit,
for example, has a Combat Strength of 7, a Ranged Combat Strength of 8, and a Range of
2. It can attack enemy units one or two hexes away with a Strength of 7. However, if an enemy
unit attacks it, it defends with its Combat Strength of 4.

From seeing this in the strategy guide thread:
bhavv said:
Strategy guide is obsolete.

You can download the MANUAL now

(Note that I didn't discover this. I'm merely posting this in a more visible way, but giving full credit to bhavv for informing us.)

I visited civilization5.com and their Download section. Over on the right, there's a "download manual" link.

Slow download. Probably be a bit slower now, eh? :)

I'm wondering now whether there'll eventually be a printer friendly version without the coloured background, because as nice as that manual looks, I can't afford to have my printer chew through that much colour. ;)

Well it definitely isn't as pretty but I just hit cntl + A and cntl + c and pasted the entire thing in Notepad++ You can just print the text from there

Remember guys - "Great People are extremely powerful. Great People are cool."

Also, it seems they switched back to the model that a research agreement give +15% science for the duration of the agreement.

Glad to hear it--just getting a random tech at the end seemed a bit... random.

In the mod section they have my clock feature. Simple Clock Example. Hopefully that is available on day 1 so I don't need to figure it out or wait for someone else to do it :)

Gah! It doesn't say how SP cost progresses!

That must be an error. It definitely provides you with a free tech. I'll let the powers that be know about it. :)

Under Game Options:
Alternate Cursor Zoom Mode: When zooming out, the screen will pull straight back instead of remaining anchored to the cursor.

This is exciting. Does that mean civ5 uses the Zoom-To-Cursor feature that I've been clamouring for? :) I'm a bit unsure what this description means exactly. It sounds like it only affects zoom-out, and not zoom-in as well

Top Bottom