• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is an impossible question to answer, with new technology making it easier over time and the fact that there was not single break off point.

Various flint and steel contraptions (such as those in tinderboxes) that predate matches weren't that hard to use. Sure they had disadvantages compared to matches, but they weren't that bad, they also could be reused and moisture posed less of a risk.
Past matches you have modern butane lighters and other electric igniters that just require the push of a button.

Are you saying that I can stop doing that rain dance every time I turn the knob on my electric grill inside the safety of my house?

Fire pistons are thought to be ancient in Asia, but maybe not known in Europe until the 18th century.

Is reinstalling game from disc that is protected by Steam similar to installing it for the first time?

Or does Steam try to run me nuts if I do that?

Is reinstalling game from disc that is protected by Steam similar to installing it for the first time?

Or does Steam try to run me nuts if I do that?

More info? Does the game have a license? If it does then you may have a hard time validating that license again. I would not run steam at the same time you try to load the game. If it does not have a license, then you should be able to load it as many times as you like. That is why they started using licenses.

If it is a non-licensed game and you have attached it to steam, as long as steam is not currently running, you may be able to load it separately again. If it is running and you then log onto steam, there may be fireworks?

Well a couple weeks ago I accidentally broke a game that was in Steam. And then I reinstalled it from the disk (not sure why). I didn't have any issues.

I need something that can open 7z, RAR, and whatever file formats these mods are. And free. Links would be appreciated. Thanks.

On Microsoft Excell, I know there is a way to select a column so that regardless of how far away you scroll it always shows up. Does anybody at least know what that feature is called so I can google for how to get it.

Mark, Freeze, Hold, something like that? Hiding columns has the utterly prosaic term 'hide', so I doubt you'll go too far wrong.

I believe in Excel it is "freeze."

Do the two fail to coincide very often?
:confused:

"Area" has always been exceedingly difficult and confusing for me. I prefer to go by diameter, and a quick google yielded only the lists by area, not diameter. :undecide:

Why is area so confusing?

:confused:

"Area" has always been exceedingly difficult and confusing for me. I prefer to go by diameter, and a quick google yielded only the lists by area, not diameter. :undecide:

"Diameter" assumes something vaguely circular. While some may be more or less similar to circular, none are perfectly so. And many have no similarity to circular. So diameter is really not a measure that can be used to accurately describe them. Maybe you could try length and width. :dunno:

"Diameter" assumes something vaguely circular. While some may be more or less similar to circular, none are perfectly so. And many have no similarity to circular. So diameter is really not a measure that can be used to accurately describe them. Maybe you could try length and width. :dunno:
Oops. :blush:

So, I guess I could revise my question to: "Is there a list of all the world's islands by length?" :dunno:
Please tell me what the diameter of this island would be:

<snip>
See above.

Length along which axis?
Are you pulling the same bullcrap you did when I complained about The Chamber in Rants last week in a futile effort to get me to do whatever it is you want me to do? :rolleyes:

Please stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom