• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

is this age difference too much?

none of mine nor anyone else's business

Once you get to seventy you can do whatever the hell you like.

Mr Frank has had the decency not to go overboard with this - he's kept things on the right side of forty and for that he should be applauded.

Not a fan of New Zealand then I take it? :mischief:

Pushing it but falls close enough into the Divide-By-2-Plus-7 rule. A 43 year old would be his minimum but one year outside the range isn't so bad the older you get.

Meh, they're both clearly adults. I can't bring myself to care.

Not really.
(x/2)+7 is usually a good rule of thumb for not too creepy, but once the younger partner is over 40 all bets are off.

They would get lynched in NickyJ's state.:p

Well, that was my interpretation..

It's kind of funny that although lots of people have yet to come to terms with the 'homosexual people are creepy' being unacceptable, many more people are yet to realise that 'old people are creepy' is equally so.

I guess some people are slow on the uptake. (Not that being slow on the uptake is creepy, you understand - or you will one day)

They would get lynched in NickyJ's state.:p

Well, that was my interpretation..
No, I would lynch myself if they were in my state.

Spoiler :
:p
Spoiler :
Sorry to get your hopes up on getting rid of me. :mischief:

It's kind of funny that although lots of people have yet to come to terms with the 'homosexual people are creepy' being unacceptable, many more people are yet to realise that 'old people are creepy' is equally so.

I guess some people are slow on the uptake. (Not that being slow on the uptake is creepy, you understand - or you will one day)

There is a difference between liking the same gender and being interested in people that are old enough to be your (grand)father/mother.

What is really creepy is someone being attracted to someone old enough to their sibling. Demonstrates a weird attraction.

IME most people grow up with an assortment of views and opinions on things that they never question or analyze. The ideas are never challenged because they never really encounter those situations in real life. As the years and decades pass, their views become more "true" (entrenched) simply due to the longevity of the views being held.

When a situation arises where they really do have to examine their views and are bombarded with contradictory indicators that their view might be wrong, for a long period of time, they will, if they change at all, only change their view on that specific issue, and not extrapolate any wisdom or learning from the experience to apply to related views they may hold.

IOW, even if you convince me after years of talks that oranges are okay to eat, I will never bother to question my views on tangerines and still think them completely harmful.

Why is this a problem to so many people? Is it just "icky"?

The age difference is big, but it's not too big, because that requires some sort of moralistic standard of age gaps, which there shouldn't be.

They're both consenting adults. This is perfectly fine.

The problem as it has always seemed to me Joakim is that too many people feel they have the right to judge the personal lives of others. People need to live and let live.

No, I would lynch myself if they were in my state.

Spoiler :
:p
Spoiler :
Sorry to get your hopes up on getting rid of me. :mischief:

Even as a joke that's contemptible. There are tens of thousands of them in your state. Grow up.

Top Bottom