FfH2 0.20 Bug Thread

Well, I tried patch "f". That didn't work.

So I deleted the FfH2.0 folder and re-installed 2.0 unpatched. That did work. I was able to generate a new game w/o the PC freezing.

So I patched to "f" again. After the patch, the PC freezes again. So it does not seem to be a matter of a corrupt download. Something changed between patch "c" and "d" (and subsequently "f") that freezes my PC.

I had occasional freezeups with older versions, but only after extensive play. Reboots or just exiting to desktop and reloading cleared it up. That was with only 512MB RAM, so I assume it was related to memory.

The lockups with the recent 2.0 patches are different. It freezes right at the start, and sometimes I have to yank out the power cord.

Pentium(r) 4 3.00GHz, 1.50G RAM, vid GE 7900GS w/256MB.

If there is more info I can supply, please feel free to ask.

That is very weird, there is so little that changes between those patches. And its odd that it is only effecting you. Could you help me isolate by deleting the mod, then reinstalling the base FfH 0.20 and installing the patches one at a time to make sure its "d" that is breaking you.

Patch: Patch "a"
Patch: Patch "b"
Patch: Patch "c"
Patch: Patch "d"
Patch: Patch "e"
Patch: Patch "f"

That is very weird, there is so little that changes between those patches. And its odd that it is only effecting you. Could you help me isolate by deleting the mod, then reinstalling the base FfH 0.20 and installing the patches one at a time to make sure its "d" that is breaking you.

Spoiler :
Patch: Patch "a"
Patch: Patch "b"
Patch: Patch "c"
Patch: Patch "d"
Patch: Patch "e"
Patch: Patch "f"

I am more than happy to do that. Thank you indeed for supplying links to the older patches. But I am 99% sure the only patch I actually ran was "c". Then patch "d" froze me up.

But we'll go the methodical route and turn that 99 into a 100. :)

OK, I figured it out. The problem seems tied to the map I was using. I was using FfH_Fractal. That map works on the base 2.0 version, but not with (apparantly) any of the patches. Here's my history.

DL'ed and played the base 2.0. No problems.
Couple days later DLed patch "c". No problems.*
Couple days later DLed patch "d". System choked.
Waitied for a new patch, DL'd "f". Sysem choked.
Deleted 2.0, reinstalled, generated new game. Success.
Patched to "f" again. Choked.

Posted questions. Read your message. Tested:

Delete/reinstall. Success.
Patch to "a". Choked. (Eh? Didn't expect that. Not quite sure why, but I then tried)
Attempt to start a game of vanilla Civ (no Warlords). Game choked. (Just as I clicked Launch, out of the corner of my eye I caught the name of the map generator. Considered that perhaps might be the source of the problem.)
Deleted/reinstalled 2.0. Launched game using Balanced map. Successful.
Patched directly to "f". Launched game using Balanced map. Successful.

Conclusion: Need upgrade to FfH_Fractal.

Sorry to be the wolf-crying boy. :blush:

(* The only thing I can figure out is when I patched to "c" the first time, I somehow aborted out of the process before finishing. So when I thought I was playing 2.0c, I was still playing 2.0. Beats me.)

OK, I figured it out. The problem seems tied to the map I was using. I was using FfH_Fractal. That map works on the base 2.0 version, but not with (apparantly) any of the patches. Here's my history.

DL'ed and played the base 2.0. No problems.
Couple days later DLed patch "c". No problems.*
Couple days later DLed patch "d". System choked.
Waitied for a new patch, DL'd "f". Sysem choked.
Deleted 2.0, reinstalled, generated new game. Success.
Patched to "f" again. Choked.

Posted questions. Read your message. Tested:

Delete/reinstall. Success.
Patch to "a". Choked. (Eh? Didn't expect that. Not quite sure why, but I then tried)
Attempt to start a game of vanilla Civ (no Warlords). Game choked. (Just as I clicked Launch, out of the corner of my eye I caught the name of the map generator. Considered that perhaps might be the source of the problem.)
Deleted/reinstalled 2.0. Launched game using Balanced map. Successful.
Patched directly to "f". Launched game using Balanced map. Successful.

Conclusion: Need upgrade to FfH_Fractal.

Sorry to be the wolf-crying boy. :blush:

(* The only thing I can figure out is when I patched to "c" the first time, I somehow aborted out of the process before finishing. So when I thought I was playing 2.0c, I was still playing 2.0. Beats me.)

Good to hear, glad its been figured out.

Casting Rust on a pikeman in a city caused following pythoin exeption:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 103
When I tried to cast pillar of flame with one caster in my stack, i got the following python error upon selecting the spell (I still got the target cursor and the spell worked fine):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 80, in canCastAt

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getRangeSelectNum'

In mp when someone creates a new civilzation and takes over it the game goes out of synch.

playing as shiem, declared war on neighbor, as soon as i attack with summoned lightening elementals the game crashes, everytime.

save attached.

playing as shiem, declared war on neighbor, as soon as i attack with summoned lightening elementals the game crashes, everytime.

save attached.

No problems for me, but I may not be attacking the same target you are. At the point where you saved you aren't at war so I declared war against Ethne and sent a couple lightning elementals at her without a problem.

ah, after it crashed twice i forgot to play up to the crash point. i attacked the lower city (16-17 pop i believe) with 3 lit elementals, and the game froze twice in a row. not using any weird maps just single player, pangea. ill check it out.

ok, i started the war. in order to see what is happening here, just select the 3 lit elementals in my stack, and attack the little stack they have in the forest one move away. this freezes me completely and i have to cnt alt del out.

ok, i started the war. in order to see what is happening here, just select the 3 lit elementals in my stack, and attack the little stack they have in the forest one move away. this freezes me completely and i have to cnt alt del out.

Hmm... while I'm not the one to answer, I tried that savegame out, and no crash or anything when attacking with the lightning elementals.
Looks like it's something dependant on your settings or such.

well this is very weird then. i have the python thing on, i get no popup, it just freezes completely. damn. i'm open to any ideas or suggestions to isolate the issue.

got a python in that game after a couple turns, unrelated to lit elmentals (did not summon any more to see if i could finish the game)

Is it normal that some of my slaves disappeared?I had 7 slaves captured by Saverous but while i was retreating them to my city Avatar of Wrath appeared and i had only 3 of 7 slaves alive.

Lookout birds can be helpful, but are surely a bug.
Take a bird carrier unit, go to the nearest watch tower, and rebase a bird to the unit. Even after you move the carrier away from the tower, the bird maintains the lookout promotion, adding greatly to the 360 degree sight radius of the team. It is rarely nessisary to use the bird for recon anymore (only yeilds another two rows of squares to your sight radius at max range), but if you do, he will still add to the sight radius as well. It only expires if you rebase the bird again (or are forced to).

when i made Bambur, the little side bar said he had 6 streight while the unit screen said he had 4

When trying to rez one of my fallen hero's it would not allow me to rez 2 (yes i know only rezs 1 of them( of them on a life node (The baron duin halfmoon, and typhoid mary. It did however rez the horse guy with 11 or so str.
When attacking over a river chariots don't have a penalty for water crossing?
When attacking over a river the penalty is 40%? (I thought it was 25%?)
When i completed caminus aureus melee will not be upgraded to use mithril weapons (Yes i had at least 3 + dragon horde of mithril)
When completing the winter palace wonder and i'm trying to complete the The mithril golem, i lose the mithril golem. (yes i'm trying to finish it at the holy city)
When creating a flesh golem from 2 ravenous wolves the flesh golem starts with werewolf.

Thats all i can think of now. I'll see if i can locate the save files for all of them

When attacking over a river the penalty is 40%? (I thought it was 25%?)
recent change
When attacking over a river chariots don't have a penalty for water crossing?
Did you check the combat odds from right next to the river, or from a space away? If you check from a space away, it won't acknowledge the river you will have to eventually cross.
When completing the winter palace wonder and i'm trying to complete the The mithril golem, i lose the mithril golem. (yes i'm trying to finish it at the holy city)
Did the armeggedon counter lower in the meantime?

It seems that population victory is not working correctly. On the victory conditions screen it says I need 45% of the population to win, and on that same screen it says I have around 47%. It has been like this for two turns and I have not gotten any victory message. I am sure that I checked population victory in the setup menu before I started the game. I am on patch F. Thank you.

It seems that population victory is not working correctly. On the victory conditions screen it says I need 45% of the population to win, and on that same screen it says I have around 47%. It has been like this for two turns and I have not gotten any victory message. I am sure that I checked population victory in the setup menu before I started the game. I am on patch F. Thank you.

Don't you also need a certain percentage of the land area?

Top Bottom