Wyrmshadow's Battleships

Took all night but I finished the bugger.

You are doing wonders with those muzzleblasts. Great textures ! :goodjob:

Let's play the guessing game.

It seems to be. Has anyone further infos about that ship design? I mean it was obviously a mixture from a battleship with a carrier, a so called hybrid carrier But that´s all I know of that.

Adler

From the same site:

During the year 1942, the idea of a hybrid warship appeared in the constructions department of the Kriegsmarine. The idea was to build a ship that could provide both, air cover for other Kriegsmarine units (including themselves) and were still usable for conventional commerce raiding. Therefore, a combination of an aircraft carrier and a cruiser/battleship was thought to be a solution for this task. Although those project never had a high priority and never cane even close to a possible realization, several design studies for this kind of ships were made. Two different types of ships were examined, a battleship sized "Grossflugzeugkreuzer" (Project A) , armed with 28cm (11") guns and a battleship protection system and a cruiser sized "Flugdeckkreuzer" (Project E) armed with 15 cm (5,9") guns and a cruiser like protection system.

It was part of the german Z plan to update the kriegsmarine.

Hm the model seems to carry 4types of planes and a type of hellicopter. I didn't know they were planed to be use for seawarfear....

Samez said:
Hm the model seems to carry 4types of planes and a type of hellicopter. I didn't know they were planed to be use for seawarfear....
Me-109T (in SOE)
Ju-87T Sea Stuka (in SOE)
Fi-163 torpedo bomber (in SOE)
Foch Angelis Drahe helicopter (in SOE)
Horten Ho-229 (in SOE)
Me-110 (in SOE)

Only the 1st 3 aircraft were actual naval models.

On anoter note, when I saw this model I nearly had a heart attack.

On anoter note, when I saw this model I nearly had a heart attack.

Heh heh, I see that we visit the same sites Wyrmshadow.

MINE

Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine

LOL, it's all yours buddy.

I already got an idea of how to build it. And for once the hull won't be the hard part for me. I'll just reuse and try to modify the hull I made for the Lexington BC. The super structure is what will worry me thought.

The aft Fire Control tower, the aft funnel and the Foward Fire control Tower/Funnel minus the upper half of the control tower is from the Iowa class. The forward main battery director base, that replaces the upper section of the fwd F/C tower, looks like a simple cone.

What is what thing ?

Goldflash said:
For the Uninformed, what is that thing?
It was part of a design study to see how large a battleship could fit through the panama canal. That one is 1000 feet long and has an awe-inspring 15x18 main guns

Since I'm finally gotten to the UK ships, I've updated large parts of the Hood.

Top Bottom