• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

RFC Europe Files

So it will be just bugfixing till Beta 1?

So it will be just bugfixing till Beta 1?

I'd like to make sure that Beta 1 is free of show-stopping bugs.

You can keep putting new stuff into the svn, and it will go into a future release. I'll just update the current (Alpha 12) revision to fix any bugs in a separate line.

If who has not understood - I speak about animals.

It is not a bug you got. You just made an unwanted move. When you open WB, you start with the option to place units. The civ that is on top of the list is Burgundy. So if you place an unit without changing that, the unit will be Burgundian. The same story is for the Lion. (the unit that is selected if you didn't change it) You must have clicked (accidentally) somewhere on the map. Then their you place an Burgundian lion.

We now have a the beginnings of a webpage-based manual:

http://rfceurope.sourceforge.net/index.html

The PDF manual I had was put together used some silly office layout program. I'm much happier moving it over to HTML. The plan is to distribute these html files along with the mod, so people can have offline access as well.

I still have some more stuff to carry over from the existing manual. If anyone else would like to help write/edit/code/grab screenshots for the manual please let me know.

And because it's silly to post news like this, I'll get around to starting some real reference threads in this forum soon and getting them stickied.

I'm really sorry for the anti-climax, i'm just honestly curious, but any of you realized civ 5 is coming out real soon...?

I think everybody knows that but who cares because it isn't even certain that RFC mechanics can be coded with CIV5 or something like that according to Rhye:
Unfortunatly then you lose part of the power of having the source code, as then you can't extend the XML (such as by adding new fields).
yeah that is my biggest fear. Because so many people complained about the lack of an editor, I hope they didn't make it (thus, taking away liberty of completely editing the structure of the game)

Who wants to play normal civ after RFC?? I don't...

Why do you post that in here anyway?

I'm really sorry for the anti-climax, i'm just honestly curious, but any of you realized civ 5 is coming out real soon...?

The mod started a about 2 years ago. I wasn't even in registered on the forum. No one was sure Civ V was coming. And we would like to finish the mod.

Has looked the changed cities for the Moscow state. All is good, though and there are small errors. Now it is necessary to change names and for cities of the Kiev state. Why? Yes because these cities identical, as well as for the Moscow state and should be called equally!

These were the cities PSYX changed. Should the Kievan cities be named as per these city names, or your provided samples?

Quick Question:
Will the Beta be released sometime this week?

Quick Question:

Quick Answer:
No. We have just launched the newest alpha version. The next version (alpha or beta) won't come before next month (I think).

Quick Question:

Not so quick answer:
We're still on track for a first beta later this week. Hopefully my request for our own subforum will also come through by then. I have posted Alpha 12 to sourceforge (see the second post of this thread). Please report any bugs you find in Alpha 12, so we can fix them before the Beta. You can suggest balance changes or new content but they will NOT be changed for the first Beta (as such things tend to introduce new bugs).

Quick Answer:
No. We have just launched the newest alpha version. The next version (alpha or beta) won't come before next month (I think).

Sorry to contradict you, but my plan is to release Beta 1 within the next couple of days. However, the changes from alpha 12 will be very small -- just some bug fixes and the new manual. People probably don't have to re-download it if they already have Alpha 12.

The purpose of doing this is to prevent any show-stopping bugs in Beta 1 which will attract some new players and we want to make a good first impression.

After that we will begin work on some of the balance and gameplay issues people have identified. Just so people know, we're not ignoring your comments, just deferring them for right now.

Top Bottom